• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ag2r

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
So whats the point of putting up the AG2R doping list if there were riders on the team who didn't dope.

Besides Scanlon finished the Tour in the darker era and won races as a pro which according to your own mantra makes him an automatic doper.

How come Kimmage has never called his former team-mates Lavenu and Biondi out for doping. I mean he knows their history so you would think he would be wary of them leading a team, especially one that has passed a few Irish riders through it's hands.

Always up for slamming Kimmage.

Big Doopie said AG2R are not dopers. I merely pointed to their checkered history.

You as is your usual wont took extreme umbridge, as you cant help yourself and go off on a tangent from AG2R doont dope to naming an Irish rider and now Kimmage.

Get off your Kimmage fixation, he aint god so stop trying to tear him down as a false deity.

Benotti69 said:
Always up for slamming Kimmage.

Big Doopie said AG2R are not dopers. I merely pointed to their checkered history.

You as is your usual wont took extreme umbridge, as you cant help yourself and go off on a tangent from AG2R doont dope to naming an Irish rider and now Kimmage.

Get off your Kimmage fixation, he aint god so stop trying to tear him down as a false deity.

Says the guy who is in the JV thread every other day with "Hey JV". I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrite or irony.

I named an Irish rider who rode for AG2R and who you seem to think was clean even though that is kinda like scoring an OG for you according to your usual rantings.

I also named an Irish journalist who was a team-mate of the guys who run the team and who has a rep as being staunchly anti-doping. If you can't see the connection, then you can't be helped as Ullrich put it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Says the guy who is in the JV thread every other day with "Hey JV". I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrite or irony.

It is the ask JV thread....maybe you dont get it....

pmcg76 said:
I named an Irish rider who rode for AG2R and who you seem to think was clean even though that is kinda like scoring an OG for you according to your usual rantings.

But i didn't name Scanlon. I didn't name any Ag2R riders. I point that the team has a checkered history. That you want to take it as an opportunity to have another go at me and then drag Kimmage into it as well points to your obssessiveness with me and Kimmage. Ps I am taken and cant speak for Kimmage.

pmcg76 said:
I also named an Irish journalist who was a team-mate of the guys who run the team and who has a rep as being staunchly anti-doping. If you can't see the connection, then you can't be helped as Ullrich put it.

Cant use his name now, it is Kimmage, did you forget.

Ah Ullrich, he said the sport was clean didnt he:rolleyes:

Benotti69 said:
It is the ask JV thread....maybe you dont get it....

But i didn't name Scanlon. I didn't name any Ag2R riders. I point that the team has a checkered history. That you want to take it as an opportunity to have another go at me and then drag Kimmage into it as well points to your obssessiveness with me and Kimmage. Ps I am taken and cant speak for Kimmage.

Cant use his name now, it is Kimmage, did you forget.

Ah Ullrich, he said the sport was clean didnt he:rolleyes:

No I am just pointing out your usual hypocrisies. Why can't you say if Scanlon was clean or dirty. After all that is what you spend your time doing, accusing everyone of doping so why can't you answer about Scanlon? It is not hard, and after all you love playing the self-entitled forum warrior so time to step up.

Kimmage is a public figure who is open to questions just like everyone else, the thing is you are a Kimmage fanboy and just like the SKY or Lance fanboys, you hate seeing your guy queried.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
No I am just pointing out your usual hypocrisies. Why can't you say if Scanlon was clean or dirty. After all that is what you spend your time doing, accusing everyone of doping so why can't you answer about Scanlon? It is not hard, and after all you love playing the self-entitled forum warrior so time to step up.

Why do you care so much what I, a nobody on t'interwebs says about your boy who i didn't even bring up in a post but you did. Do you need me to bless Mark Scanlon as clean? Talk about obsessive......

pmcg76 said:
Kimmage is a public figure who is open to questions just like everyone else, the thing is you are a Kimmage fanboy and just like the SKY or Lance fanboys, you hate seeing your guy queried.

Yes he is open to questions like everyone, and I have posted many times here the mistake he made on Kohl, but I dont need to bring him into every post, which it appears you do. Relax Rough Rider the documentary will be out soon and you can obsess away to your little hearts content.:D

Well, anyway, AG2R. I reckon Bardet is clean. He looks clean. He seems like a nice boy.
To be fair, and decidedly un-pc in the world of the clinic, the French riders have done well this tour. This might mean that the peloton is cleaner. It might also mean that they can ride their bikes without falling off....though Bardet had a close shave the other day.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Miburo said:
5 guys left, pulling an europcar. And betancur isn't even here :eek:

You have to look who they are fighting now that the big teams are out of the overall classification.
Not really a big deal to outmatch the Lotto, Lampre, Trek or Netapp in this tour. Astana's climbers considers to reach the last climb as an epic win...

That's more surprising that BMC and Belkin can't follow Gastauer. But not sure that's AG2R's fault, i don't think they could follow Netapp's pace either.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:
Not sure what the surprise is supposed to be

They're the team that the french always talk of in hushed tones. They've been suspicious since forever.

careful PmCg will be taking you to task...........:rolleyes:

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if AG2R are clean, I'd like to believe they are, especially the lads at the Tour. Not so sure about Pozzovivo.

I think it's a positive sign that the French now have several riders who can compete for top 5 spots in grand tours when they struggled to get near during the Armstrong / Ullrich era.

The other positive is that the AG2R riders actually look like riders who should be performing well on mountain stages, they've all got the frame for it. Nothing as ridiculous as seeing Armstrong, Ullrich, Menchov etc out climbing riders significantly lighter than themselves

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yorkshire89 said:

The other positive is that the AG2R riders actually look like riders who should be performing well on mountain stages, they've all got the frame for it. Nothing as ridiculous as seeing Armstrong, Ullrich, Menchov etc out climbing riders significantly lighter than themselves

what's the difference, say, between froome's frame and bardet's frame?

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
sniper said:
what's the difference, say, between froome's frame and bardet's frame?

There isn't much of a difference.

All I'm saying is it's good to see riders climbing at the front who actually look like they should be near the front on mountain stages & that includes Froome, Contador & Nibali who I know there are many suspicions about.

Even if there is doping happening it's clearly not to the ridiculous levels of 10 years ago which is definitely a positive.

Another positive for me is how many teams are able to compete. There's 8 teams represented by 10 riders in the top 10 & no team looks dominant.

If we look back a few years ago we had clutches of riders from the likes of Saunier Duval, CSC/Saxo, Astana dominating.

2009 seemed ridiculous with it been a 3 week battle between 2 teams.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yorkshire89 said:
There isn't much of a difference.

All I'm saying is it's good to see riders climbing at the front who actually look like they should be near the front on mountain stages & that includes Froome, Contador & Nibali who I know there are many suspicions about.

Even if there is doping happening it's clearly not to the ridiculous levels of 10 years ago which is definitely a positive.

Another positive for me is how many teams are able to compete. There's 8 teams represented by 10 riders in the top 10 & no team looks dominant.

If we look back a few years ago we had clutches of riders from the likes of Saunier Duval, CSC/Saxo, Astana dominating.

2009 seemed ridiculous with it been a 3 week battle between 2 teams.

why is that a positive? Surely it is just a matter of time before the next 'PED' that makes everything *** again comes along and it gets stupid again.

Why are accepting any doping as positive? That type of acceptance is what led to EPO fueled era where those donkeys prepared to risk all could win and if lucky live to see the morning!

Anyone thinking things are ok now because it doesn't look ridiculous should cop on. Cheating a little is ok? Not in my book. Cheating is cheating. Doping is doping. Doesn't matter how much doping is done it is still cheating.

Just because the French dont dope as much as others doesn't mean it is ok now. That is BS because any advantage gained over another by cheating is cheating.

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
why is that a positive? Surely it is just a matter of time before the next 'PED' that makes everything *** again comes along and it gets stupid again.

Why are accepting any doping as positive? That type of acceptance is what led to EPO fueled era where those donkeys prepared to risk all could win and if lucky live to see the morning!

Anyone thinking things are ok now because it doesn't look ridiculous should cop on. Cheating a little is ok? Not in my book. Cheating is cheating. Doping is doping. Doesn't matter how much doping is done it is still cheating.

Just because the French dont dope as much as others doesn't mean it is ok now. That is BS because any advantage gained over another by cheating is cheating.

Sorry I think you've got the wrong idea of what I'm saying.

Reduced doping is certainly better than the all out EPO & blood bags era as at least clean riders have a better chance of competing / winning but obvious all doping is wrong.

I'm quite encouraged by the top 10 at the tour. There's only Nibali & Valverde I seriously question

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
If all current doping products/techniques were available ten years ago, I'm sure all the contenders would've been slim as well.
this.
or reversely, if guys like froome and ten dam where climbing ten years ago, they might have physiques similar to ullrich's, armstorng's menchov's.
nibbles is 1 cm shorter than menchov.
bardet 4 cm taller.
(that said, bardet does seem to have a naturally slim torso which might favor climbing(?))

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Yorkshire89 said:
I'm quite encouraged by the top 10 at the tour. There's only Nibali & Valverde I seriously question
if talansky, contador and froome hadn't fallen out, you'd be seriously questioning at least 5 of the top 10.

and if there'd be five dopers, according to vaughters, those five dopers should be getting ostracized by the clean segments of the peloton. are we seeing anything of the sort?
time to wake up, there are no clean segments.
perhaps some clean individuals, but i'd be looking for those in the bus, rather than in the top 10.

Yorkshire89 said:

Reduced doping is certainly better than the all out EPO & blood bags era as at least clean riders have a better chance of competing / winning but obvious all doping is wrong.

You have to consider the possibility the French have a new policy of "never tested positive" like USA Cycling. This is the program/structure BC copied, and the same structure the current president of French cycling publicly promoted as the future of the sport in France.

To be clear, that doesn't mean The French Are Doping. But, the corrupt governance at the UCI, and the indifference to maintaining the integrity of the game from the UCI we have observed means it is a possibility.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yorkshire89 said:

Sorry but cheating is cheating. 1 less blood bag is not better than no blood bags. That people accept reduced doping is stupid.

Yorkshire89 said:

There is a line that is crossed by cheating. How far past the line an athlete goes is not important once they have crossed that line.

Yorkshire89 said:

Yeah, Belkin dont have a history? BMC dont have a history?:rolleyes:

I dont care for the argument that the French riders are riding on panyagua either.

TRENDING THREADS