• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

roundabout said:
Ehem.

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/cqRankingTeam.asp?year=2013

7619 points last year

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/cqRankingTeam.asp?year=2014

5783 already this year

14 wins/44 podium spots in 2014

8 wins/57 podium spots in 2013

4 wins/31 podium spots in 2012

So, everyone getting cleaner, good recruitment, not caring?

Or me being paranoid?

Well the only real difference I see between 2013/14 are the performances of Betancur who has taken 5 wins including Paris-Nice which is clearly worth a decent amount of points. Other than that I am not sure. Peraud is going at what I would consider his normal level and Bardet improving a little at 23 is not exactly earth shattering stuff, more like natural progression.

The question with French teams is always going to be are things getting better and they are showing better results or are they going back to the hardcore doping culture? I look at the performances of Pinot/Bardet/Barguil(all young French guys) as signs that things might be improving but who knows, it will always be about what people want to believe.

Traditionally the younger guys were not usually included in the doping, even in the peak EPO years, eg Bassons, Lefevere, Halgand at Festina so possibly that is something which has changed within French team and first year pros are already hitting the hard stuff from the start.

pmcg76 said:
Well the only real difference I see between 2013/14 are the performances of Betancur who has taken 5 wins including Paris-Nice which is clearly worth a decent amount of points. Other than that I am not sure. Peraud is going at what I would consider his normal level and Bardet improving a little at 23 is not exactly earth shattering stuff, more like natural progression.

Betancur has scored fewer points this year than last year at the same point in the calender, and probably won't score any more for the rest of the year.

Betancur was very good in 2013 in terms of points

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=15041&year=2013&all=0&current=0

I suppose he did bump up the team win total though

Edit: what Netserk wrote while I was thinking up my post

Peraud was arguably better than Kreuziger in Tirreno-Adriatico (and only let down by the usual poor TTT) and podiumed Pais Vasco

I would say that he seems slightly stronger than in 2013

They do seem to have a talented group of riders, but it will be interesting to see how they compare to Pinot/Jeannesson

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Going strong:D
Team Classification TDF after stage 8
1 Ag2R La Mondiale 11:33:40
2 Team Sky 0:03:53
3 Astana Pro Team 0:04:53
4 Tinkoff-Saxo 0:05:30

MBotero said:
Going strong:D
Team Classification TDF after stage 8
1 Ag2R La Mondiale 11:33:40
2 Team Sky 0:03:53
3 Astana Pro Team 0:04:53
4 Tinkoff-Saxo 0:05:30

That is the classification for stage 8.

Here is the overall:

1 Astana Pro Team 101:30:53
2 Belkin Pro Cycling 0:05:23
3 Team Sky 0:05:31
4 Ag2R La Mondiale 0:10:55
5 Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:17:17

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
frenchfry said:
That is the classification for stage 8.

Here is the overall:

1 Astana Pro Team 101:30:53
2 Belkin Pro Cycling 0:05:23
3 Team Sky 0:05:31
4 Ag2R La Mondiale 0:10:55
5 Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:17:17

Ups:eek: you are right i wasn't paying attention,no problem they still got time to improve their position.:)

Yeh but Houanard resorted to extreme methods because of WT points, and Georges just messed up his paperwork. Lavenu 100% does not want any of his riders doping.

Or something.

I said this earlier in the year, they have done very well to be sheltered by the "clean French cycling" when they have always recruited some of the dodgiest characters in the sport. We all know the story with Bernaudeau's mob and I wouldn't exactly say Madiot has no case to answer. "Clean French cycling" is dead, the only question left is did it ever even exist?

roundabout said:
So, everyone getting cleaner, good recruitment, not caring?

Or me being paranoid?

How about they collected points in 2014 that went to other riders in 2013?

There should be some riders who collected many UCI points in 2013 that did not come near to collecting the same points in 2014.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just trying to assess what happened to other riders relative to Ag2r.

Ferminal said:
Yeh but Houanard resorted to extreme methods because of WT points, and Georges just messed up his paperwork. Lavenu 100% does not want any of his riders doping.

Or something.

I said this earlier in the year, they have done very well to be sheltered by the "clean French cycling" when they have always recruited some of the dodgiest characters in the sport. We all know the story with Bernaudeau's mob and I wouldn't exactly say Madiot has no case to answer. "Clean French cycling" is dead, the only question left is did it ever even exist?

Another multi-poster: http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/91772682378/2014-tdf-stage-10-preliminary-analysis

Bardet's performance does not definitively suggest doping and this is only one early stage. Nibali on the other hand....

Benotti69 said:
Did i say he did?

So whats the point of putting up the AG2R doping list if there were riders on the team who didn't dope.

Besides Scanlon finished the Tour in the darker era and won races as a pro which according to your own mantra makes him an automatic doper.

How come Kimmage has never called his former team-mates Lavenu and Biondi out for doping. I mean he knows their history so you would think he would be wary of them leading a team, especially one that has passed a few Irish riders through it's hands.