• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1010 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Borja Cuadrado ‏@BorjaCuadrado 1m1 minute ago
Contador (1): "He sufrido la dislocación con la caída. Al levantarme, se me ha salido el hombro y mi reacción ha sido ponerlo en su sitio"
Borja Cuadrado ‏@BorjaCuadrado 2m2 minutes ago View translation
Contador (2): "Pensaba que me había roto la clavícula. Al subirme al podio se me salió el hombro de nuevo. Ahora, máxima precaución posible"
!!!!! :eek:
So his shoulder got dislocated twice :eek:

Translation?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Miburo said:
Aslong as it's physically possible contador will rider, he'll never give up cause of pain.

If pain is the only problem he'll be fine.

This is how legends are made. Win it alberto!

The Giro Tour dynamic might change that.

Lambs go to slaughter. A man, he learns when to walk away

If he survives tomorrow, i think he'll be fine.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
The Hitch said:
Miburo said:
Aslong as it's physically possible contador will rider, he'll never give up cause of pain.

If pain is the only problem he'll be fine.

This is how legends are made. Win it alberto!

The Giro Tour dynamic might change that.

Lambs go to slaughter. A man, he learns when to walk away

He needs to survive saturday without loosing more than a minute.

If he survives tomorrow, i think he'll be fine.

Re:

ILovecycling said:
@Flo/other AC fanboy

Do you have pic of Alberto in rosa at todays sign-in or something like that? :)
CE-umvVWYAI6vLi.jpg

CE9jYbcUEAIuQ9l.jpg

also like this pic
CE_Al42VAAAUVZq.jpg

LaFlorecita said:
Contador (1): "He sufrido la dislocación con la caída. Al levantarme, se me ha salido el hombro y mi reacción ha sido ponerlo en su sitio"
Contador (2): "Pensaba que me había roto la clavícula. Al subirme al podio se me salió el hombro de nuevo. Ahora, máxima precaución posible"

As i wrote earlier that is perfectly normal when you did it once even after you popped it back (often made wrong) due to that the ligaments are outstretched. He will not do any sudden movements against spectators in the mountains any time soon. :)

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

carton said:
I've seen people in excruciating pain for weeks.

If that's the case then it wasn't a shoulder dislocation alone, or a dislocation at all. The person may have teared a tendon off of the bone or tore a muscle. I've seen it it happen at my gym: Someone tore a pectoralis and, although it didn't hurt at first, the man was in pain for days after that. And his whole right side of the upperbody was purple, like he'd just gotten beaten up.

Dislocations seldom produce any pain at at. It's the inflamation that follows that can be a pain in the you-know-what if you do not treat it.

No_Balls said:
LaFlorecita said:

As i wrote earlier that is perfectly normal when you did it once even after you popped it back (often made wrong) due to that the ligaments are outstretched. He will not do any sudden movements against spectators in the mountains any time soon. :)
lol yes. I just hope it doesn't pop out when he's throwing his bike around, dancing on the pedals :eek:

Even if he loses time tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday. So long as the injury doesn't have long term effects (ie that he can get similar form in 2nd and 3rd week that he would have anyway, even if it hurts tomorrow), then the Mortirolo stage and of course the Finnestre stage are made for anyone who wants to take minutes.

CDF is 17km at 9%. He attacks at the bottom like Di Luca did, is Aru going to rely on his train to try and keep Contador within the time. Does Porte even have a team to do that? They might very well have to go with Contador 40k out on that stage. Same with Mortirolo. And Contador isn't just gonna pace them. Its gonna be attack after attack after attack like Ancares 2012.

Oh and both Mortirolo and CDF have notoriously deadly descents that have created major gaps in the past. Contador has sometimes shown willingess to go full leather for it on them types. Are Porte and Aru going to have that confidence.

That's ignoring the 2 other mtfs in the 3rd week.

Re:

The Hitch said:
Even if he loses time tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday. So long as the injury doesn't have long term effects (ie that he can get similar form in 2nd and 3rd week that he would have anyway, even if it hurts tomorrow), then the Mortirolo stage and of course the Finnestre stage are made for anyone who wants to take minutes.

CDF is 17km at 9%. He attacks at the bottom like Di Luca did, is Aru going to rely on his train to try and keep Contador within the time. Does Porte even have a team to do that? They might very well have to go with Contador 40k out on that stage. Same with Mortirolo. And Contador isn't just gonna pace them. Its gonna be attack after attack after attack like Ancares 2012.

Oh and both Mortirolo and CDF have notoriously deadly descents that have created major gaps in the past. Contador has sometimes shown willingess to go full leather for it on them types. Are Porte and Aru going to have that confidence.

That's ignoring the 2 other mtfs in the 3rd week.
agreed... besides the descent part. I really doubt AC is willing to take any risk at this point.

EDIT: And besides that Finestre is 18 km, not 17 ;)

I agree Hitch, he needs to minimize his losses on Saturday. anything less than 1 minute is fine and less than 30 seconds would be brilliant.
Of course it is shitty if this neutralizes his great start (he finally did not start on the back foot) but the third week is perfect to take back minutes

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
... I will be happy only if he finishes tomorrow's stage, it's 264 kms, with a few short climbs, if he makes it in the peloton then we can say his giro is not over and the game is back on.

But until then, I would not be happy too soon.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No_Balls said:
Jelantik said:
HiroAntagonist said:
Having dislocated my shoulder a few times, i can say they were quick recoveries. I think where problems can arise is when connective tissue is affected adversely, so it will probably come down to how the dislocation occurred as someone else mentioned.

yeah.. i have a cronic dislocated shoulder all the time. (should have surgery to fix it). Uff, the muscle will be so tender and sore like hell. Typically take me couple days to feel normal. I hope he is not like Purito's injury when he finally pulled out of the giro after riding with fractured rib (oh no). I'm very concern. Tomorrow is very demanding stage and saturday is the second mountain finish. I hope for good news (keep my finger crossed)

Are you comparing a dislocated shoulder to a fractured rib? The one gives you at best a stiff feeling while you with the other cant escape the problem of having hard to breathe. No they are not comparable at all.

no. I don't compare the dislocated shoulder vs fracture rib. You misunderstood me. I was saying hopefully there's nothing hidden (such as: minor fracture etc.) on his crash. I don't him to end up trying to ride the giro by hiding a more serious injury that what it's being reported. That's what I meant.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No_Balls said:
LaFlorecita said:

lol yes. I just hope it doesn't pop out when he's throwing his bike around, dancing on the pedals :eek:

No LaFlo, please no.

LaFlorecita said:
No_Balls said:
LaFlorecita said:

Im not that worried about that since both arms and shoulders are rather fixated when on the bike. I am more worried by the victory salute. This could mean no more pistolero. :D

But he has to be absolutely cautious for now. Once you have this and the more it pops out the weaker he gets in the shoulder. Another crash might mean operation and that would be a disaster so lets hope for the best over this weeks.

“I haven’t broken anything but I have suffered a dislocation of the left shoulder. The doctors have recommended that I immobilize my left arm during the evening and night, while I try to move it a bit with the help of my other arm to promote the movement of the shoulder. I will focus on this until tomorrow before the stage, where the doctors will come back to put on a layer of bandage for the race”, says Alberto Contador and adds:

“I will try to start tomorrow on stage 7, as I have worked very hard ahead of the Giro. I will try to continue until the very last moment. I’m optimistic about the start tomorrow, but we have to wait until right before the start to see what happens and how serious the effect of the crash is”, finishes Alberto Contador.

Guess we just have to hope for the best! Hopefully he can get a decent nights sleep.....

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Last news:

20:25 CET: This just in from the race medical bulletin: "Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO (TCS) underwent x-ray and CAT scans of the left shoulder that was injured during the crash. Clinical examination revealed a slight instability of the left shoulder joint, as compared to the right one. The rider experienced slight pain."

7:50 CET: Contador carried his left arm in a sling after his check-up but he told journalists at the team hotel that he is optimistic and hopes to carry on in the Giro d'Italia.

we have to see tomorrow, how he is going? Hopefully he wil start.

TRENDING THREADS