Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
I wonder if more people feel like going there as well. La flo doesn't feel like meeting there and that's fine.
Anyone else?
Carols, buy a ticket and fly over to amsterdam. Go for a week of tdf (or 3) and meet us in Utrecht. Seriously that would be awesome. To meet the grandlady of the cn forum :)
You should open a forum meet-up thread :)
Well I really dont want to meet up with everyone on this forum.... If you know what I mean....
Oh right :p
Yeah I don't want to meet Piet but any other Contador fan will be fine, I feel there's a chance you can all be saved, aside from Piet, natch! :D
 
Re: Re:

BYOP88 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
I wonder if more people feel like going there as well. La flo doesn't feel like meeting there and that's fine.
Anyone else?
Carols, buy a ticket and fly over to amsterdam. Go for a week of tdf (or 3) and meet us in Utrecht. Seriously that would be awesome. To meet the grandlady of the cn forum :)
You should open a forum meet-up thread :)
Well I really dont want to meet up with everyone on this forum.... If you know what I mean....
Oh right :p
Yeah I don't want to meet Piet but any other Contador fan will be fine, I feel there's a chance you can all be saved, aside from Piet, natch! :D
I don't need saving. :) Happy in here in Arcadia. Come on over from the Dark Side!
 
Jul 14, 2014
197
0
0
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
How was Alberto today? :) I havent seen it yet.
Didn't see him much, but he was 16th today :)
thanks, I cant wait for tommorow :)
I wouldnt be surprised to see Contador bluff tomorrow, moreso than winning the stage. Im still not sure what happened on Finestre. I dont think its as simple as it appears, that he was tiring or had a bad day. holding that 1:30 gap in the valley and then up Sestriere isnt a sign of a rider who bonked. I wouldnt put it past Contador to do this. His TT and Mortirolo climb might have been the only time he showed his cards. He might have given the impression he was vulnerable on purpose, at other points during the Giro.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

contador977 said:
ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
How was Alberto today? :) I havent seen it yet.
Didn't see him much, but he was 16th today :)
thanks, I cant wait for tommorow :)
I wouldnt be surprised to see Contador bluff tomorrow, moreso than winning the stage. Im still not sure what happened on Finestre. I dont think its as simple as it appears, that he was tiring or had a bad day. holding that 1:30 gap in the valley and then up Sestriere isnt a sign of a rider who bonked. I wouldnt put it past Contador to do this. His TT and Mortirolo climb might have been the only time he showed his cards. He might have given the impression he was vulnerable on purpose, at other points during the Giro.
yep, thats possible! thats why Im looking forward to stg 3 :).I dont think Quintana will go betserk either, just follow wheels and then speed up a bit ;)
 
Jun 18, 2015
774
1
0
Angliru said:
KyoGrey said:
I'm sorry, I don't know what do you mean by "todays era", but talentwise both Jan Ullrich and Frank Vandenbroucke had the opportunity to evolve into multilple Monument GT winners.

Shame that they didnt have some of Valverde's not so recognised talents: professionalism and a strong work ethic...
I don't recall Vandenbroucke ever even reaching the podium of a grand tour. Stage wins and potentially a top 10 in a grand tour was the extent of his abilities in grand tours. I don't think he had the mental discipline to contend for the victory in grand tours.
Indeed, he just didn't care, but surely the talent was there! Its widely known but lets recapitulate: He was winning all types of races aged 21, 22. Wins Paris-Nice amongst other races in 98 at 23 yr old. By 1999 (24 yr old) he was unstoppable: stongest in Paris-Nice & Flanders, rips apart Bartoli at Liege, suffers the Mabuse scandal and afterward is able to destroy La Vuelta's climbers while preparing the Worlds.

Who knows how far that 24 yo could have progressed has he not fallen in an spiral of destruction with the comming of the new millenium. :)
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
 
Feb 21, 2014
2,133
0
0
Re:

ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Not too much though, if he proves to be more than 30 secs better than everyone else on Balès, we're in for a meltdown in the 3rd week of the Tour.

An attack under 2 - 3 kms from the summit would be just fine to take the GC if he can, I really don't wanna see neither a demonstration of strength nor him getting dropped. Just in between or following the others would be fine.
 
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Not too much though, if he proves to be more than 30 secs better than everyone else on Balès, we're in for a meltdown in the 3rd week of the Tour.

An attack under 2 - 3 kms from the summit would be just fine to take the GC if he can, I really don't wanna see a demonstration of strength or him getting dropped. Just in between or following the others would be fine.
Fwiw I think Berto would be able to beat Quintana in a sprint. In case they reach the finish together :p
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re:

ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Thats a nonsense, Quintana is on par with him climbing wise in this form (well we dont know their form, but predicted), how would that be terrible result? :rolleyes:
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
BlurryVII said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Not too much though, if he proves to be more than 30 secs better than everyone else on Balès, we're in for a meltdown in the 3rd week of the Tour.

An attack under 2 - 3 kms from the summit would be just fine to take the GC if he can, I really don't wanna see a demonstration of strength or him getting dropped. Just in between or following the others would be fine.
Fwiw I think Berto would be able to beat Quintana in a sprint. In case they reach the finish together :p
that would an epic sprint on tops :D
 
Feb 21, 2014
2,133
0
0
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Thats a nonsense, Quintana is on par with him climbing wise in this form (well we dont know their form, but predicted), how would that be terrible result? :rolleyes:
Any Quintana is not on par with peak Contador climbing wise.

Regardless, Contador getting dropped would be a bad sign either way, because we won't know if his form is going downhill , or if he is tired, is he gonna recover, is this planned and so on and so forth. It's just gonna cast so many doubts on our minds.

This has nothing to do with Quintana being a favourite, if he gets dropped by him or anyone else, it's equally worrying.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
ILovecycling said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Thats a nonsense, Quintana is on par with him climbing wise in this form (well we dont know their form, but predicted), how would that be terrible result? :rolleyes:
Any Quintana is not on par with peak Contador climbing wise.

Regardless, Contador getting dropped would be a bad sign either way, because we won't know if his form is going downhill , or if he is tired, is he gonna recover, is this planned and so on and so forth. It's just gonna cast so many doubts on our minds.

This has nothing to do with Quintana being a favourite, if he gets dropped by him or anyone else, it's equally worrying.
That's how I feel. If Quintana roars off like he did last time and drops Bertie, It would be worrying.
If Bertie destroys Quintana tomorrow , I will be happy. That would be sign of confidence and would serve a psychological blow to Nibs and Froome.,,,,,,,not Porte :D
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
ILovecycling said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Thats a nonsense, Quintana is on par with him climbing wise in this form (well we dont know their form, but predicted), how would that be terrible result? :rolleyes:

Any Quintana is not on par with peak Contador climbing wise.

Regardless, Contador getting dropped would be a bad sign either way, because we won't know if his form is going downhill , or if he is tired, is he gonna recover, is this planned and so on and so forth. It's just gonna cast so many doubts on our minds.

This has nothing to do with Quintana being a favourite, if he gets dropped by him or anyone else, it's equally worrying.
If you think AC will be on his peak then we can start to celebrate ;) :)
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
BlurryVII said:
ILovecycling said:
ray j willings said:
I want to see Bertie step up tomorrow. If he gets dropped by Quintana then his tour chances become very slim IMO.
Looking good so far. He really been chucking his bike around " the wiggle" that's a good sign.
Thats a nonsense, Quintana is on par with him climbing wise in this form (well we dont know their form, but predicted), how would that be terrible result? :rolleyes:
Any Quintana is not on par with peak Contador climbing wise.

Regardless, Contador getting dropped would be a bad sign either way, because we won't know if his form is going downhill , or if he is tired, is he gonna recover, is this planned and so on and so forth. It's just gonna cast so many doubts on our minds.

This has nothing to do with Quintana being a favourite, if he gets dropped by him or anyone else, it's equally worrying.
That's how I feel. If Quintana roars off like he did last time and drops Bertie, It would be worrying.
If Bertie destroys Quintana tomorrow , I will be happy. That would be sign of confidence and would serve a psychological blow to Nibs and Froome.,,,,,,,not Porte :D
This won't happen of course, unless Quintana made some terrible mistake in his preparation.Even if he is in so-so form it would require huge amount of energy from Alberto to 'destroy' Quintana, which I doubt he wants to use ;)

I can see a) the sprint scenario b)attack in last few km on the descent :cool:
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
I expect Contador to be a little bit less than his Giro form. If we say he arrived at the Giro at 80 %, and by the end reached about 90 %, then he should be back to around 80 % again now. He haven't really been training so much these last three weeks.

With these 4 days of racing, and then training before the Tour, then he should arrive at there at 90 %. He'll lack the punch we know on espacially Mur de Huy, like we saw at the beginning of the Vuelta last year, but by stage 10 I think he'll be ready.

He would be too fatigued, if he was in a very good shape right now.

I dont expect him to drop Quintana at all, I actually think he'll get dropped at some point, because he doesn't want to go into red. Then I expect this forum to go wild, but Contador doesn't have the luxury to go full gas like Quintana. He simply just need to found out what his level is right now, and then train according to that.

We know that he has a good winterbase, so he'll be able to gain form relative quickly.
 
Jun 9, 2010
2,007
0
0
Re: Re:

TheYouyou7 said:
SeriousSam said:
According to a bookmaker, Contador is the most likely rider to win the stage tomorrow. :eek:
Where did you see this ?
He is into that world so He knows from first hand.

Also you can check several betting sites tho
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts