• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1195 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Bertie had a go but no joy. He still looks tired, no snap like last year.
One thing is for sure, he looks a wee bit better ,could have been the conditions, Froome was not so good.
Bertie will attack if he can and he will go for a long one if he can. There is no way Froome can respond to a long attack he never has before.
Movie Astana and Tinko should really get their heads together and go for it at every chance they get.
Then they can sort the podium out up alp d huez :D

Re:

Further tentative attacks from Movistar’s Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde failed to splinter the yellow jersey group, and Contador crossed the line in the same time as Froome to remain in sixth place on general classification.

In his post-stage press conference, Froome gave the impression that he had barely noticed Contador’s acceleration. Assessing his rivals during his post-stage press conference, Froome hailed the Spaniard as a more explosive climber than Quintana before pulling the rug from under the compliment by adding: “We haven’t quite seen that side of Alberto yet. Maybe we’ll see it in the Alps.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-defiance-not-enough-for-contador-on-plateau-de-beille

Froome speaks but one hear Brailsfraud.

Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
Further tentative attacks from Movistar’s Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde failed to splinter the yellow jersey group, and Contador crossed the line in the same time as Froome to remain in sixth place on general classification.

In his post-stage press conference, Froome gave the impression that he had barely noticed Contador’s acceleration. Assessing his rivals during his post-stage press conference, Froome hailed the Spaniard as a more explosive climber than Quintana before pulling the rug from under the compliment by adding: “We haven’t quite seen that side of Alberto yet. Maybe we’ll see it in the Alps.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-defiance-not-enough-for-contador-on-plateau-de-beille

What an idiot.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Better than I expected from Alberto but it won't be enough to beat Froome. But after todays stage I would say there is still a small chance for Nairo. Rain also seems to have a slightly larger negative impact on Froome than Quintana or Alberto. So I'm hoping for more rain.

It would have been interesting if Alberto would have waited with his attack and countered the Movistar 1-2 attacks.

LaFlorecita said:
No_Balls said:

What an idiot.

??? He said that Contador's attack was better than Quintana's, but still didn't do much impression on Sky (as evident by how it was reeled in). He also said Contador will be better in Alpes.

What is wrong about that?

We all interpret it differently. I read in an attempt to pretend he "barely" saw the attack just to deliberately play down its significance, which he is of course right about, although said in a highly arrogance fashion. The arrogance continues when he "hails" Contador as "more explosive" than Quintana (as everybody knows already) which sounds in the context as an insult given Quintanas attempts today, before ending on a belittling note.

Complete ********.

No_Balls said:
We all interpret it differently. I read in an attempt to pretend he "barely" saw the attack just to deliberately play down its significance, which he is of course right about, although said in a highly arrogance fashion. The arrogance continues when he "hails" Contador as "more explosive" than Quintana (as everybody knows already) which sounds in the context as an insult given Quintanas attempts today, before ending on a belittling note.

Complete ********.

All he said is exactly what happened out there. Contador attacked but didn't get very far - true.
Quintana attacked and got even less separationa- true
Sky domestiques brought them up - true,
Contador can be stronger in Alpes - true.

What was he supposed to do. Lie and say that his entire team got demolished?
You got some serious confirmation bias going on there

damian13ster said:
No_Balls said:

Complete *********.

All he said is exactly what happened out there. Contador attacked but didn't get very far - true.

th_irony.gif

damian13ster said:
LaFlorecita said:
No_Balls said:

What an idiot.

??? He said that Contador's attack was better than Quintana's, but still didn't do much impression on Sky (as evident by how it was reeled in). He also said Contador will be better in Alpes.

Uhm no. He says "Normally Alberto is more explosive than Quintana but we haven't seen it (yet)"
So that clearly shows he thought Quintana's attack was stronger.

Froome probably was too busy watching his stem to see Alberto attack :rolleyes:

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
LaFlorecita said:
No_Balls said:

What an idiot.

Uhm no. He says "Normally Alberto is more explosive than Quintana but we haven't seen it (yet)"
So that clearly shows he thought Quintana's attack was stronger.

Froome probably was too busy watching his stem to see Alberto attack :rolleyes:

Yeah, but how is that disrespectful? His team wasn't put in trouble today. He said he expects Alberto to be stronger in the Alpes. Don't we all? So are we also disrespectful if we say that rider is not in top shape?

Let alone calling someone an idiot or douchebag for a response like that. Seriously people.....

Re:

Kwibus said:
Also most people get offended really quick here at times. I really doubt Contador gets offended by some harmless observations from Froome.
Actually he is right as well.
No, he wouldn't get offended, I doubt he gives a single *** about Froome.
Does that mean we cannot read those statements and conclude Froome is disrespectful or arrogant?

damian13ster said:
No_Balls said:

Complete ********.

Accuses felllow forumite of confirmation bias - asks two others to confirm his.

As i said, we read in texts differently. Froome likes to play mr nice guy when everything doesnt go well (then he can actually say some decent things) but as soon as he is in the driving seat he drop the mask and starts questioning riders morale, claims he doesnt see these puny attacks, plays down rivals attempts to insignificance and so on. Sometimes he should just shut up with whatever comes from the head and start lift up the other riders like a true champ would.

damian13ster said:
Kwibus said:
Reality is that Froome respects Contador as he has said plenty before.

I think Contadors attack was more in hope that Froome would respond so that he would shed Porte earlier.

Exactly, that's why I don't see what's the all the fuss about.
It is a desperate search for something that can antagonize the rider
So that is exactly what you are doing with Contador, using Majka?

No_Balls said:
Accuses felllow forumite of confirmation bias - asks two others to confirm his.

As i said, we read in texts differently. Froome likes to play mr nice guy when everything doesnt go well (then he can actually say some decent things) but as soon as he is in the driving seat he drop the mask and starts questioning riders morale, claims he doesnt see these puny attacks, plays down rivals attempts to insignificance and so on. Sometimes he should just shut up with whatever comes from the head and start lift up the other riders like a true champ would.
Exactly.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Take a breather fleur :D

Damian is being silly, he still hasn't touched upon his allegation on contador's allergies being fake. Today proved it was legit. Shows the kinda guy he is although in this topic i think you're wrong fleur.

Not sure why he's on contador's case all the time, contador must have a crushed a guy he was cheering for. Proof for that? During stage thread he was bashing tinkoff strategy the whole time while not even looking at movistar or any other team their strategy which was at least as terrible as tinkoff. The man might be right about tinkoff strategy but he ignores other team since it's convenient for him.

No point discussing with such people who cherry pick like that.

Today was a good day for Contador. Some hope, not much but aslong as he's feeling good i don't care that much if he wins or not. I want to see him race and try to win a stage.

Re:

Miburo said:

Damian is being silly, he still hasn't touched upon his allegation on contador's allergies being fake. Today proved it was legit. Shows the kinda guy he is although in this topic i think you're wrong fleur.

Not sure why he's on contador's case all the time, contador must have a crushed a guy he was cheering for. Proof for that? During stage thread he was bashing tinkoff strategy the whole time while not even looking at movistar or any other team their strategy which was at least as terrible as tinkoff. The man might be right about tinkoff strategy but he ignores other team since it's convenient for him.

Today was a good day for Contador. Some hope, not much but aslong as he's feeling good i don't care that much if he wins or not. I want to see him race and try to win a stage.

That's a lie. I backtracked from it pretty fast after doing some research and apologized. I have absolutely zero issue with admitting it when I am wrong, so stop spreading lies.

Are you saying Tinkoffs strategy was good?
And I have criticized Movistar for the way they rode stage 11, same with Martin's strategy during stage 12 (although he said he couldn't follow the break).
Seriously, stop making stuff up. You are 0-3 so far.
I only complimented Sky's strategy in this Tour so far because they are always in right place and letting others do the work. Astana, BMC and other teams are simply not able to do anything for lack of strength.

And for the last bolded part: Yay!! you got a single thing right in a post (if you go couple of pages back I complimented Contador on his ride today). Contador rode good today but he didn't need domestiques, they should go for stage wins.

Re:

Miburo said:

He's a big Majka fan, I can understand he is upset Majka isn't allowed to ride for himself but no need to take it out on Alberto.