• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1293 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Since Landa does Ruta del Sol now: Maybe Froome!?

Froome actually was scheduled to race RdS and is still scheduled for P-N. But Sky's final schedule has become a pure miracle, since they seem to decide it ultimately by gusto. So I ain't sure anymore. It would make sense to switch Froome and Landa for P-N & T-A. It would make sense to stick to the original program.

Based on today's information. Froome rides P-N and has become very likely to face Contador at Algarve this afternoon.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Aru, Kwiatkowski, Spilak and Porte, the last 2 will only race Paris-Nice (Both are worldclass when it comes to one week races) and a few other riders.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Alberto just posted this photo on Twitter, he looks super skinny :eek: I think the dog is heavier than him, I've never seen him like this :eek:
I can't post the picture because it is over 1000 pixels high and I can't resize it because I'm on the train with garbage internet but here is the link
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaYvL1dWcAQd9qT.jpg

Oh god! Not the 'he looks really skinny/fat" posts again :D

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto just posted this photo on Twitter, he looks super skinny :eek: I think the dog is heavier than him, I've never seen him like this :eek:
I can't post the picture because it is over 1000 pixels high and I can't resize it because I'm on the train with garbage internet but here is the link
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaYvL1dWcAQd9qT.jpg

Nah. He's still a fatty. :p

In all seriousness, my only concern with him being so thin, so early is whether he will be prone to illness. Oh and overtraining....
Yeah, but I am sure Alberto and the team know what he's doing. They can't afford to get it wrong. But yes we need to hope he doesn't get ill.

Crumbs, he looks emaciated! I hope he won't peak too soon because I think that's the skinniest I've seen him. Not a great look, tbf. I want him to be on great form but I don't really like the trend for cyclists to look like they need food aid.

LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
Miburo said:
So which relevant rider will race in algarve and paris-nice besides Contador?

I said relevant, please don't bring up tj.

When did Froome say he was skipping Paris-Nice?
I remember reading Froome would not ride Paris-Nice or Tirreno and would have a two month break between Herald Sun tour and Catalunya.

It's more like 1 month and a halft...Catalunya usually starts somewhere between 20th of March...Herald Sun Tour is finishing Sunday on 7th, right?

pink_jersey said:
LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
Miburo said:

I remember reading Froome would not ride Paris-Nice or Tirreno and would have a two month break between Herald Sun tour and Catalunya.

It's more like 1 month and a halft...Catalunya usually starts somewhere between 20th of March...Herald Sun Tour is finishing Sunday on 7th, right?
Yeah you are right. But now I am not sure if it is true or if it is just my imagination.

LaFlorecita said:
Publicus said:
Miburo said:

Well, this story from CyclingQuotes says his next race will indeed be Catalunya: http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/froome_to_return_to_catalonia_in_2016/#DcJBh64h7r81wq2C.97

Though a news piece from Velonews seems to contradict it by saying:
After his Australian stint, things will ramp up. Froome will have a busy racing schedule, with Ruta del Sol, Paris-Nice, Volta a Catalunya, and the Tour de Romandie all in his first block of racing. Training camps will be incorporated into his schedule ahead of the Tour, with a likely return to the Critérium du Dauphiné in June.

(http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/01/news/froome-heading-to-australia-for-upcoming-herald-sun-tour_393592)

It won't be an easy season opener for Contador, even though I expect him to be in fine shape. No matter what his goals have been in the previous season, he's always been ready to fight for the victory in the first race.
Anything different would surprise me.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you look at Alberto's Twitter profile, there is a cover picture at the top that shows three different action shots of him:
1. In the winner's red jersey from the 2014 Vuelta;
2. In the pink jersey from last year's Giro which he also won; then
3. A picture of him in Tinkoff Saxo colours wearing the yellow jersey of the Tour de France.

Can anyone say when he wore the yellow jersey in the Tour de France recently (in Tinkoff colours)?
Surely he hasn't worn that jersey since 2010? Or maybe first stage of 2011.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
That's probably the Dauphiné's leader jersey, not Tour's. :)

I was also thinking that...But it definitely tries to give the impression its him at the Tour.
Why put up a pic in the Dauphine's leader jersey ( a relatively small race he didn't even win) alongside Grand Tours like the 2015 Giro and 2014 Vuelta which he actually did win? Maybe Tinkoff wouldn't permit an older Tour winning photo of him in his pre Tinkoff days...

buchanan said:
BigMac said:
That's probably the Dauphiné's leader jersey, not Tour's. :)

I was also thinking that...But it definitely tries to give the impression its him at the Tour.
Why put up a pic in the Dauphine's leader jersey ( a relatively small race he didn't even win) alongside Grand Tours like the 2015 Giro and 2014 Vuelta which he actually did win? Maybe Tinkoff wouldn't permit an older Tour winning photo of him in his pre Tinkoff days...

It is from Dauphine in 2014, though..