• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1440 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
jilbiker said:
The one positive we can all take from this is that Froome has exposed his hand early and Bertie has not (we assume Bertie has a hand...chuckle). My criticism of Froome remains, he is not a tactful rider, he feels as long as I have the strength no one can stop me. Well thats sort of true and he did that in 2013 and 2015. I see that Bertie dropped suddenly almost as if he saw a red indicator and called it off. Was he testing himself with Froome? Perhaps we over-assume about Bertie, that he is doing all this based on a plan, he may just have been plain thrashed.

Think the whole yo-yo strat suggests otherwise.
I don't think it's a strategy, he just doesn't want to go above a certain power output.
Sometimes I wish Alberto would learn a bit from that so he wouldn't explode so often :p

May 23, 2016
Visit site

Forever The Best said:
MovistarRider said:
Forever The Best said:
MovistarRider said:
There goes al the hype. If Froome is able to do this to Bertie than i guess only lord knows what Nairo will do with Bertie in the 3d week of the TdF. Should be quite fun :D
Quintana still won't win the Tour.

Quintana will finish above Contador, i can assure you that.

portugal11 said:
Nairo and contador just can't compete with froome's accelerations. Col d'aspin will be terrible

Quintana is at a age that leaves him still alot of room for improving. Contador not, so there is a big difference between those 2 riders.
But winning matters.And Quintana won't win.

Yeah keep repeating that Quintana won't win, it's the best thing you bertie-fanboys can hope for in July since your boy has as much of a chance as England winning the Euros. Oh i can smell the fear :D

Re:

jilbiker said:
The one positive we can all take from this is that Froome has exposed his hand early and Bertie has not (we assume Bertie has a hand...chuckle). My criticism of Froome remains, he is not a tactful rider, he feels as long as I have the strength no one can stop me. Well thats sort of true and he did that in 2013 and 2015. I see that Bertie dropped suddenly almost as if he saw a red indicator and called it off. Was he testing himself with Froome? Perhaps we over-assume about Bertie, that he is doing all this based on a plan, he may just have been plain thrashed.
Of course he got thrashed.

That didn't look good at all. He seemed to follow Dan Martin quite easily and even followed Froome quite happily and then all of a sudden it was lights out. I am curious to know what explanation he will give, if any. I hope he will recover because another Tour de France Sky-borefest is more than I van take.

We have to be objective.Here many as those who follow him early in his career, they will soon realize that, even before the attack on Frome, Alberto was riding heavy. He looked ''packed'' on his bike.
All recognize that in the last two stages of the Basque Country, he had another ride, and then another level. higher.
We'll see if there will be an improvement tomorrow or later. Otherwise we wait for the tour hoping it reaches again the shape of the Basque Country

Forever The Best said:
liamito said:
Any chance he was suffering from his allergies today?
I also thought that.Because he is much better in rain,almost invincible.

This. Compare today with how easily he got rid of everyone (bar Henao) on the penultimate stage in Pais Vasco. Everyone just died on his wheel (including a certain Colombian...).

In 2014 he followed an attack like that on Beal. Today he did not. He played a role of Nibali in Dauphine 2014... Maybe that means that both Froome and Porte are going to crash out of the Tour... and he is going to win by 10 minutes :D

MovistarRider said:
Forever The Best said:
MovistarRider said:
Forever The Best said:
MovistarRider said:
There goes al the hype. If Froome is able to do this to Bertie than i guess only lord knows what Nairo will do with Bertie in the 3d week of the TdF. Should be quite fun :D
Quintana still won't win the Tour.

Quintana will finish above Contador, i can assure you that.

portugal11 said:
Nairo and contador just can't compete with froome's accelerations. Col d'aspin will be terrible

Quintana is at a age that leaves him still alot of room for improving. Contador not, so there is a big difference between those 2 riders.
But winning matters.And Quintana won't win.

Yeah keep repeating that Quintana won't win, it's the best thing you bertie-fanboys can hope for in July since your boy has as much of a chance as England winning the Euros. Oh i can smell the fear :D

I started a NQ vs CF vs AC thread a while back, which is a better place for this conversation. And luckily the English have more chance than the Dutch of winning the Euros

Maybe Im wrong, but I think Contador should do the same as Froome and doesnt respond too deep to attacks in order to preserve his energy for the entire climb. He rides quite like a neopro responding attacks and then cooking himself. He has to learn to pace himself up the climbs.

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
This thread reminds me of that girl in class who cries for scoring 19 out of 20.
I think it can be compared to scoring a 19 out of 20 when you've been studying the entire year and need a 20 out of 20 to be admitted to the specific university that you've dreamed of all your life and
The situation you wrote has nothing to do with Contador.Because Contador has already won a lot of races and if he retires tomorrow he will still be a great rider :)

TRENDING THREADS