• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1775 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

bajbar said:
It is interesting. Froome saying that the TT tomorrow will be simmilar to the two in the Tour and that the results will be a real indicator, while Contador seem to think the exact oposite. Just hoping not to see a repeat of 2013 TT... that was terrible... Porte catching Contador and all... Well, it can't happen this year. It will be more like Contador catching Vuillermoz. That should be fun :D

Not that much, Froome's current form will be approx the same as in july.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

bajbar said:
It is interesting. Froome saying that the TT tomorrow will be simmilar to the two in the Tour and that the results will be a real indicator, while Contador seem to think the exact oposite. Just hoping not to see a repeat of 2013 TT... that was terrible... Porte catching Contador and all... Well, it can't happen this year. It will be more like Contador catching Vuillermoz. That should be fun :D

i don't expect too much from him. If he gets caught by Porte, ow well.. that would be a fun thing to watch :D . Seems only Froome and Porte who are ready to win the race.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Contie is my fav GC rider, but I rarely take anything he says seriously. I'm not sure how he (or Porte, Froome, et als) could ride a WT race and NOT try to win, even if only due to a healthy and necessary ego.

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Personally I agree more with Froome on this. If you go flat-out on this ITT and you lose 3 mins, you're never going to suddenly regain all of that in less then one month. I hope he does well. I'm also confident. He did good in all ITT's this season and trained a lot (or at least all of his photo and filming sessions took place when on the TT machine).

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
bajbar said:

i don't expect too much from him. If he gets caught by Porte, ow well.. that would be a fun thing to watch :D . Seems only Froome and Porte who are ready to win the race.
Well, if he gets caught by Porte, he can forget about the Tour, because Porte starts 14 minutes behind him.

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Of course he won't lose 3 minutes lol. That's 8 seconds per km. Even Rujano wouldn't lose that much.

You understand what I mean. But he better stays within a reasonable margin tomorrow. I'd say 1 second per km.

LaFlorecita said:
wheresmybrakes said:
Can imagine what this forum would be like if he wins tomorrow. :eek:
He won't obviously, he needs something special to win, a perfect parcours or brilliant shape.
I haven't had a close look at the startlist so not sure what would be a reasonable result, I'm guessing top-10.

I think he may well have a good run today. He will want to show the favourites that he is still around and serious. With Froome coming out saying he thinks Porte and Bardet are his biggest rivals (which I agree with along with Valverde and Contador) he may want to just show something to give Froome (and other favourites) something else to worry about.

wheresmybrakes said:
LaFlorecita said:
wheresmybrakes said:
He won't obviously, he needs something special to win, a perfect parcours or brilliant shape.
I haven't had a close look at the startlist so not sure what would be a reasonable result, I'm guessing top-10.

I think he may well have a good run today. He will want to show the favourites that he is still around and serious. With Froome coming out saying he thinks Porte and Bardet are his biggest rivals (which I agree with along with Valverde and Contador) he may want to just show something to give Froome (and other favourites) something else to worry about.
I think Froome named Porte, Bardet and Contador his biggest rivals. Anyway, it's all mind games. :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
wheresmybrakes said:

I somewhat doubt it. I think Porte and Froome have more chances to win it. When he said he'll come for training usually he wasn't that spectacular. I just hope he won't be way far behind from Valverde, Bardet, even Yates. (Froome and Porte are obvious)

Porte -35s (-1.5s/km)
Tony Martin -23s (-1s/km)
Valverde -11s (-0.5s/km)
Contador --
Froome +2s (+0.01s/km)

TDF ITT's
Stage 1 (14km)
Porte -21s
Martin -14s
Valverde -7s
Contador --
Froome +1s