Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1951 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

lenric said:
Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Great spirit from Contador, but it's perfectly natural (if you have a brain, that is) for guys like Zakarin and Kelderman to chase.
Let's hope that tomorrow Alberto still has good legs.
How about writing a sentence without insulting people? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:
Sky was gonna chase anyways, what Sunweb did was embarrassing to see.
I didn't mention a single name, yet you felt insulted. Feel free to figure the connection.

Anyway, stop being so emotional. Kelderman has never achieved a podium and Sunweb has the chance of getting a GT win plus (another) a GT podium and the points classification in TDF. Is it really that hard to understand why would they chase a guy who can very well get the 3rd place tomorrow? If it is, then I'm afraid it's useless to keep this convo going.
So you can insult the other users without mentioning names? Didn't know this forum allowed it.
 
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Great spirit from Contador, but it's perfectly natural (if you have a brain, that is) for guys like Zakarin and Kelderman to chase.
Let's hope that tomorrow Alberto still has good legs.
How about writing a sentence without insulting people? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:
Sky was gonna chase anyways, what Sunweb did was embarrassing to see.
I didn't mention a single name, yet you felt insulted. Feel free to figure the connection.

Anyway, stop being so emotional. Kelderman has never achieved a podium and Sunweb has the chance of getting a GT win plus (another) a GT podium and the points classification in TDF. Is it really that hard to understand why would they chase a guy who can very well get the 3rd place tomorrow? If it is, then I'm afraid it's useless to keep this convo going.
So you can insult the other users without mentioning names? Didn't know this forum allowed it.
Again, I haven't mentioned a name and didn't insult anyone. What I wrote is a harsh way of criticizing emotional posts. Yet, you felt insulted from all the people who read the last pages. Feel free to figure the connection.

Either way, report the post. Or don't, don't really care.
 
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Carols said:
Whatever he has in his body he will pour out on the road tomorrow.
Unmissable La Flo!
I know. I will watch of course, but I fear I'll be devastated if he doesn't win :( there'll be tears, either way, it's inevitable :p
Just enjoy what he has to give. If he wins, well that is just the icing on the cake!

Yes there will be tears, win or lose, there will be tears here also.
 
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
Red Rick and Climber123 was raising their discontent as well. (and you were saying that it is sad that they were chasing, so you were raising your discontent as well) The comment of lenric was obviously aimed at the 4 of us.
 
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
Well maybe Forever the best can also report himself. Because he is insulting his own intelligence with his post. If I was his brain I'd be offended and report myself.
 
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
Well maybe Forever the best can also report himself. Because he is insulting his own intelligence with his post. If I was his brain I'd be offended and report myself.
Oh come on, let's stay friendly
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
Well maybe Forever the best can also report himself. Because he is insulting his own intelligence with his post. If I was his brain I'd be offended and report myself.
Oh come on, let's stay friendly
Indeed. Not gonna answer that post by DT. Obviously reported it though.
 
Let's all calm down....it's an emotional time. But obviously Sunweb had a lot to lose, so of course they chased. Their DS should be fired if they didn't!

Alberto is fine with what they did, it is cycling. He rolled the dice and this time it didn't pay off. Hopefully tomorrow, the last racing stage of his career, he has enough to give us a Grand Show.

Either way he is a Legend and will live on in the lore of cycling as a Great Champion. Little boys will get on their bikes dreaming of being able to race like the Great Alberto Contador. Enjoy it and be thankful you witnessed him, I am :).
 
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
Red Rick and Climber123 was raising their discontent as well. (and you were saying that it is sad that they were chasing, so you were raising your discontent as well) The comment of lenric was obviously aimed at the 4 of us.
Nah, I understood why they chased but I thought it was sad to see Contador attacking and all the others just hanging back. It's sad because soon we'll only have those cowards left.

Well, Zaka, Aru, Lopez, Chaves are promising, hope they can keep it up
 
May 13, 2015
165
0
0
Re:

Pennino said:
This was just a short TT effort. Will not have any problems at all tomorrow. Vamos. VAMOS.
So is....
Today Alberto performed the last fierce training of his life (and achieved 1 minute in 2.5 Kms.)
Tomorrow will be the last (real) career of his professional life
Arrives in a shot of 10/10!
My doubt is that podium position will occupy and I do not discard any position ... neither the 2nd nor any other.
 
And you may quit the bickering, though I would love to see this thread reach 50k posts. That would be magnanimous. I expect it will happen, as it will be bumped for years how he's missed every time a mountain is climbed at sky pace.
 
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Well, considering Forever the Best was the only one who was voiced his discontent with Sunweb chasing, it was pretty obvious your post was aimed at him. But either way, I don't think insulting a bigger group of posters without mentioning names is allowed either?
No, he wasn't.
And I haven't insulted anyone. Only criticized in a harsh way those who are unable to think rationally.
However, those who felt insulted had 3 options: ignore, report, or whine.
I'm perfectly ok with any. ;)


EDIT: only saw RR post now, sorry.
 
Re:

Carols said:
Let's all calm down....it's an emotional time. But obviously Sunweb had a lot to lose, so of course they chased. Their DS should be fired if they didn't!

Alberto is fine with what they did, it is cycling. He rolled the dice and this time it didn't pay off. Hopefully tomorrow, the last racing stage of his career, he has enough to give us a Grand Show.

Either way he is a Legend and will live on in the lore of cycling as a Great Champion. Little boys will get on their bikes dreaming of being able to race like the Great Alberto Contador. Enjoy it and be thankful you witnessed him, I am :)
.
I agree 100%! :)
 
Re:

Carols said:
Little boys will get on their bikes dreaming of being able to race like the Great Alberto Contador.
This. No one will grow up dreaming of racing like Froome :D (not being a hater, but it's like when a wise man once said "no one wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville"). I sometimes imagine myself being Contador on any sort of incline and try dance on the pedals. Then I remember I can't push 500 watts for extended periods of time and I die.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS