Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2023 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think the only really conservative win was the 2008 Giro. Even in the 2015 Giro when he was isolated all the time he made some comically aggressive moves.
You couldn't call the 2015 Giro "conservative." Yes, he made most of his time over Aru and Landa in the TT and had to defend from then on, but he was launching attack after attack on them on every mountain stage until they finally cracked him on Finestre, by which time he had enough of a lead that it was too late.

Reactions: Sciatic
You couldn't call the 2015 Giro "conservative." Yes, he made most of his time over Aru and Landa in the TT and had to defend from then on, but he was launching attack after attack on them on every mountain stage until they finally cracked him on Finestre, by which time he had enough of a lead that it was too late.
Loved that there was drama on every mountain stage ‘cause he was always so outnumbered. He even made losing time on Finestre exciting, especially since that’s the first time I’d ever seen the climb in a race.

Reactions: Fuente De
Loved that there was drama on every mountain stage ‘cause he was always so outnumbered. He even made losing time on Finestre exciting, especially since that’s the first time I’d ever seen the climb in a race.
My favorite single moment is Monte Ologno. Contador had no reason to attack, but Landa had a mechanical and Contador decided to literally nuke the first meter of that climb.

Well, I don't think Contador ever was "conservative". Even in his peak years. He attacked whenever he wanted irrespective of his advantage.
For sure, one might argue he was conservative at his 2010 Tour, but I find it kind of misleading, as I think it was just Schleck that was really impressive over there.

ASK THE COMMUNITY