• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 238 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
That Contador didn't help Vino at all? Do you think that Moser was helped by Sagan in Strade?

AT ALL. There is a huge difference between real help and doing nothing for other. If someone had attacked and Contador had sat Vino on his wheel and towed him, it would have been real help. So it was nothing.

Airstream is the definition of the word troll. He supports whoever he needs to support to troll the Alberto fans, whether it is Andy, Wiggins, Froome, Vino or Kenny van Hummel and if there's no one to support he'll just bash Alberto and his fans to troll them. The fact that he believes Alberto should be shot in the head because of clinic reasons but has no problem with supporting "Alex" Valverde and Cobo says it all really
You overestimate your personal role on the forum otherwise you should look into the case from other viewpoint too. Contador fans troll other GC riders' fans f**ingly horrendously. And yet I never supported Alex, only Juanjo.

airstream said:
AT ALL. There is a huge difference between real help and doing nothing for other. If someone had attacked and Contador had sat Vino on his wheel and towed him, it would have been real help. So it was nothing.

You overestimate your personal role on the forum otherwise you should look into the case from other viewpoint too. Contador fans troll other GC riders' fans f**ingly horrendously. And yet I never supported Alex, only Juanjo.
How about Sagan/Moser in Strade? No real help?

airstream said:
I'm sorry I can be wrong. This clip doesn't give proper impression to make correct conclusion.
In the final after Moser had attacked, Sagan marked all the other moves without taking any pulls. Because Sagan has such a good finish, nobody wanted to drag him to the line. In the end it meant that many of the chasers ended up looking at each other instead of catching Moser. No Sagan = no Moser victory.

Bertie admitting age is becoming a factor....it always does :(

Froome and Contador, in any case, will cross swords this week again in Tirreno-Adriatico, where Contador says he “hopes to be fighting for the overall triumph.” He admitted, though, that “with age, it’s harder to get top form. I will try to win but this year the level of competition in Tirreno is going to be very high, everybody’s chosen that race. That’s good and personally motivates me, but it’s a race I don’t know, one that I’ve never taken part in.”

Carols said:

Froome and Contador, in any case, will cross swords this week again in Tirreno-Adriatico, where Contador says he “hopes to be fighting for the overall triumph.” He admitted, though, that “with age, it’s harder to get top form. I will try to win but this year the level of competition in Tirreno is going to be very high, everybody’s chosen that race. That’s good and personally motivates me, but it’s a race I don’t know, one that I’ve never taken part in.”

At least he recognizes it is a factor, many delude themselves that age is not a factor. Hopefully he is looking for ways to continue to win. That's (adaptability) one of the marks of greatness in my opinion.

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Carols said:

Surely 30 isn't old though? Armstrong, Evans and Wiggins were all around three years older than that when they won the Tour? Also Purito keeps getting better.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
It's old enough for Bertie to find it more difficult to find his form.....

That's pretty normal, he isn't 25 anymore. But it's his work. ;)

I guess Cadel Evans has to work more than twice than other riders.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Why are you guys taking Contador's talk about his age so serious?

I doubt it's the case, Contador will use any argument possible to downplay his chances.

He said he want to be better than the way he was in the giro '11 :rolleyes: