• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think this article from cyclingnews pretty much clears up the question of whether his knee was the factor that caused him to lose time (it wasn't). [From discussion started in Andy Schleck Discussion Thread]

"It wasn't a good day for me, I just didn't have the strength in the last 10 kilometres," he said in the finish. "I felt a terrible weakness. The last few kilometres were really hard. I don't know if I just blew up - I was able to follow wheels but in the end, I decided to climb at my own rhythm."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-tour-de-france-victory-hopes-dashed-on-galibier

From what I recall, he didn't look good at all during the stage. The fact that he didn't jump on Andy's wheel on his initial attack told me he didn't have it that day.
 
Publicus said:
I think this article from cyclingnews pretty much clears up the question of whether his knee was the factor that caused him to lose time (it wasn't). [From discussion started in Andy Schleck Discussion Thread]

Thanks for clearing that up.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-tour-de-france-victory-hopes-dashed-on-galibier

From what I recall, he didn't look good at all during the stage. The fact that he didn't jump on Andy's wheel on his initial attack told me he didn't have it that day.

To be honest he didn't have it the entire race.
 
May 30, 2009
109
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
I think this article from cyclingnews pretty much clears up the question of whether his knee was the factor that caused him to lose time (it wasn't). [From discussion started in Andy Schleck Discussion Thread]



http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-tour-de-france-victory-hopes-dashed-on-galibier

From what I recall, he didn't look good at all during the stage. The fact that he didn't jump on Andy's wheel on his initial attack told me he didn't have it that day.

I'd argue that the knee was an indirect cause, as it prevented him from using the first two weeks to recoup from the Giro. He simply never hit the form during that TdF.
 
He came into the race fatigued, crashed multiple times causing injuries and didn't recover enough to be anywhere near effective until Gap. Jeez the man was riding lame, just compare his normal action to what you were seeing.

From the Gap stage on he rode with a much more normal pedaling style and hence attacked and attacked.....while it didn't get him a podium or stage win it certainly affected everyone else in the race and he made the race darned exciting!
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,122
0
0
Visit site
Carols said:
He came into the race fatigued, crashed multiple times causing injuries and didn't recover enough to be anywhere near effective until Gap. Jeez the man was riding lame, just compare his normal action to what you were seeing.

From the Gap stage on he rode with a much more normal pedaling style and hence attacked and attacked.....while it didn't get him a podium or stage win it certainly affected everyone else in the race and he made the race darned exciting!

It's a limitless debate as one's action is always predetermined by opponents' preparedness (shape, fit). The conventional wisdom is Contador was allegedly weaker than usual in 2010 that gave the rivals a chance. It's unprobable and just wrong the bottom of things because such a point takes into consideration the only thing - Contador and his perfomance visually - and doesn't look up to the opponents whatsoever. He could easily be the same, but the opposition got stronger. But most of the forum prefers to ignore that opinion.
 
airstream said:
It's a limitless debate as one's action is always predetermined by opponents' preparedness (shape, fit). The conventional wisdom is Contador was allegedly weaker than usual in 2010 that gave the rivals a chance. It's unprobable and just wrong the bottom of things because such a point takes into consideration the only thing - Contador and his perfomance visually - and doesn't look up to the opponents whatsoever. He could easily be the same, but the opposition got stronger. But most of the forum prefers to ignore that opinion.

But he was Not the same if you compare his pedaling style after the crashes to either before them or in the 3rd week...he was pedaling one legged. But some will Chose to not see that :)
 
auscyclefan94 said:
LaFlorecita, stop carrying on like an idiot! People would just rather a bit more variety. I copped much worse than you have on Cadel than you have for Alberto. Toughen up!

People like variety yes, but if that means varying entertaining and attacking winners with the "make sure nothing happens and i'll smoke the TT" winners i'm very sure variety is the thing i just don't want:rolleyes:
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
"Yes, you will." "No, I won't."

You know, five-year-olds actually aren't allowed to post here....

Susan

And as an administrator you should hold your self neutral Susan, I don´t think it´s suited for someone in your position to post derogatory personal comments about LaFlorecita´s age since you actually know she´s not five yo, if you not happy about her posts or comments, I suggest you take it to pm. ;)
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
A moderator shouldn't moderate? That's a new one to me.

Susan

It´s not the issue if you moderate or not, the issue is how you do it...
But I see from your answer you just like to be condescending, don´t know if it make you feel better or look smarter, but I guess it does.
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Tour+de+France+2009+Stage+Seventeen+nj5IXUHWD_Al.jpg



LaFlo is a wise woman:D


Stage 17 of Tour 2009, the best stage brothers have done as a pair.

loool yeah, with Riis.... do I need to say more?
 
Fidolix said:
It´s not the issue if you moderate or not, the issue is how you do it...
But I see from your answer you just like to be condescending, don´t know if it make you feel better or look smarter, but I guess it does.

Don't bother. Susan is actually a really pleasant individual if she isn't moderating. I'm sure she isn't as emotionless as she comes across.
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Don't bother. Susan is actually a really pleasant individual if she isn't moderating. I'm sure she isn't as emotionless as she comes across.

Don´t worry, it´s not something I´m gonna spend much time on, and I¨m sure Susan is a nice person to, and nobody is perfect.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Excuse me, I must be mistaken. You're not talking about me now are you?

--------->

LaFlorecita said:
Don't worry, it will happen never again. I'm not going to post Alberto anymore because apparently the forum doesn't appreciate Alberto fans, everyone needs to hate him. Luckily there is still some other place where I am allowed to post about Alberto.

LaFlorecita said:
Okay I get it Susan. No other thread about Alberto is allowed. Not even posts about Alberto are allowed outside of this thread. And we can have 10000s of threads about Andy, Wiggo, etc?

Nevermind, it doesn't matter. I will be a regular cycling fan from now on so that I don't have to deal with dozens of restrictions.
 

TRENDING THREADS