• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 331 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Publicus said:
282-PIC373890853.jpg

Appearently Froome likes showing the world that he could go faster than his teammates :eek:

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
This is some fine trolling here. Yes, Contador dropped his own attack NOT to try and help Rogers salvage his podium position, but because he wanted to avoid having to respond to a then-unknown, but apparently expected, diabolical attack from Froome.... Where do you dream this stuff up? :p:rolleyes:

I'm saying he didn't want to come back to the peloton after Rogers' collapse, because he was called the tempo had increased significantly (which was the case) and apparently Sky prepared an attack. Surely I doubt Contador is afraid to be beaten. He saw too much in his career. So that was just an assumption.

Also, he was out of the saddle yesterday (Porte was digging a little deep yesterday).
They stand up on the pedals not only for maximum effort, for some dynamic variety too.

Angliru said:
He could have been looking back to see where his rivals were, not to see how much suffering he was putting Porte through.

I don't know, I think its the way he does it, Alberto was doing just as good a job of dropping Rogers while trying to help him up the hill, but when he looked round and dialled it back it didn't have the same nature as Froomes efforts, Froome was looking at Porte much the same way he was looking back at Wiggins last year.

Inquitus said:
I don't know, I think its the way he does it, Alberto was doing just as good a job of dropping Rogers while trying to help him up the hill, but when he looked round and dialled it back it didn't have the same nature as Froomes efforts, Froome was looking at Porte much the same way he was looking back at Wiggins last year.

From how I understand it Froome wanted to deliver the stage victory to Porte

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Froome could have powered past di marchi yesterday and put half a minute into him, had it mattered. Don't think he was out of the saddle at any point.

We have not seen him really tackling a mountain at full fitness since vuelta 2011. I think we will see a Verbier
2009 performance from him
at some point during the tour.

Then Contador will do a alpe d'huez 2001 performance :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
froome did show on the tele that he was at his limit yesterday. Everyone is talking about Froome 100%. Maybe the look of last year 2012 TDF, would be his base of 100%? He was strong at the TT and always like walking in the park in the mountain. IMHO, i think Froome might already be 85% or even 95%. But some one will say how do I know.. LOL. Of course I don't. None of us know. It's all speculation :p

Contador said today he'll be equal rival with froome come tdf. We can't really see how his TT actual form. In the mountain, he wasn't like he was dropped either. Unfortunately, Rodgers wasn't strong enough to hang with the group. What's the point of winning the stage when you got teammate with better placing for WT point? just to show Froome he can pass him in one week race with his 75% form? if comes TDF he can't beat Froome, what's the point?.

For him, winning a stage at Dauphine was irrelevant in the grand schema of winning TDF. He has won more than one GT, he doesn't need confidence boost. He is mentally strong and focus. TDF top step is what matters for him. And we all know, when contador sets a goal, no one can persuade him otherwise. I would reserve my view on contador until the fat french lady sing end of july.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN. AND MAY THE BEST MAN WIN! :)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
IMHO, i think Froome might already be 85&#37]
They are not able to elevate these numbers more or less precisely, not to mention about us.

For him, winning a stage at Dauphine was irrelevant in the grand schema of winning TDF. He has won more than one GT, he doesn't need confidence boost.
I wouldt be so categorical. The fact of stage win is irrelevant, true I agree. However, Contador didn't mind dropping Froome once for confidence. There's no doubt. Or you really think it didn't desturb him after he was harsly flipped by Froome on the Green Mountain and Tivo?

In my view Contador realized he would lose Froome significatly in TT and made a bet on mountain stages. Dropping Froome was one of the goals. Otherwise what goals did Contador have while riding the Dauphine then? Just to ride with Froome in one group and gain 1000 racing kms? It's not quite logical.

Jelantik said:
froome did show on the tele that he was at his limit yesterday. Everyone is talking about Froome 100%. Maybe the look of last year 2012 TDF, would be his base of 100%? He was strong at the TT and always like walking in the park in the mountain. IMHO, i think Froome might already be 85% or even 95%. But some one will say how do I know.. LOL. Of course I don't. None of us know. It's all speculation :p

Contador said today he'll be equal rival with froome come tdf. We can't really see how his TT actual form. In the mountain, he wasn't like he was dropped either. Unfortunately, Rodgers wasn't strong enough to hang with the group. What's the point of winning the stage when you got teammate with better placing for WT point? just to show Froome he can pass him in one week race with his 75% form? if comes TDF he can't beat Froome, what's the point?.

For him, winning a stage at Dauphine was irrelevant in the grand schema of winning TDF. He has won more than one GT, he doesn't need confidence boost. He is mentally strong and focus. TDF top step is what matters for him. And we all know, when contador sets a goal, no one can persuade him otherwise. I would reserve my view on contador until the fat french lady sing end of july.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN. AND MAY THE BEST MAN WIN! :)

Those percentages are gross under estimations as usual. Part of the ridiculous mental warfare that takes place prior to the Tour every year.

What percentage would they say they were at in Tirreno, 60? And yet they were both over 6 watts/kilo for 38 minutes. If there were any truth to these guys' form percentage estimates they would have to brake at the top of the cols to keep from flying off once the reached 100%.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see the tour de suisse live today. (can't figure out what time it actually started with different time zone). But looks like Kreuziger in a top shape. His cheek shows he is thin. Good news for Saxo. All he needs is to beat Porte to create complicated situation for sky. :D:D July can't come that faster huh?

May 24, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Sky say one thing and think other one. That's very good for such big games. Yes, Sky season is ok so far. They think they reduce Contador factor with good reason.

If you have at least 1 drop of conscience in your head, you will never come to the forum in case Contador will lose the Tour. Given how many times you offended me personally.

Never.... if you expect us to take the trolling BS you roll out and not bite back then you are sadly mistaken. At every opportunity you slam one of the best riders of them all yet expect us to keep quiet. If you really want me to offend you then just say the word!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
They are not able to elevate these numbers more or less precisely, not to mention about us.

I wouldt be so categorical. The fact of stage win is irrelevant, true I agree. However, Contador didn't mind dropping Froome once for confidence. There's no doubt. Or you really think it didn't desturb him after he was harsly flipped by Froome on the Green Mountain and Tivo?

In my view Contador realized he would lose Froome significatly in TT and made a bet on mountain stages. Dropping Froome was one of the goals. Otherwise what goals did Contador have while riding the Dauphine then? Just to ride with Froome in one group and gain 1000 racing kms? It's not quite logical.

hmm.. you did have a good point there.

TRENDING THREADS