• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 386 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
listening from uk to Eurosport. They just played a clip asking riders about there childhood Tour heroes. Various choices, then they asked Contador and he said Armstrong. Uk commentator kirby didnt like that lol. ****ing prat. If Armstrong was his hero growing up then thats his choice.

arvc40 said:
listening from uk to Eurosport. They just played a clip asking riders about there childhood Tour heroes. Various choices, then they asked Contador and he said Armstrong. Uk commentator kirby didnt like that lol. ****ing prat. If Armstrong was his hero growing up then thats his choice.

Yup agreed. Should he lie about it or what.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
arvc40 said:

ow, for godshake kirby should get a life. A lot of young rider in the peloton now had idolized amstrong when they were a kid, even tejay. His brit hero wiggo, also think so highly about amstrong. So if he was contador's idol when he was a kid, so what?

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
ow, for godshake kirby should get a life. A lot of young rider in the peloton now had idolized amstrong when they were a kid, even tejay. His brit hero wiggo, also think so highly about amstrong. So if he was contador's idol when he was a kid, so what?

Getting used to Kirbys drivel now. SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY. I hope Contador smashes them.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
boladelmundo said:
At least Spanish channels have Movistar or Katusha + ......
You should watch Spanish TVs once in a while.

Sure because Great Britain has only 1 big favorite. Sky is a team phenomenon of last years so they deserve numerous mentions.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
airstream said:
Do you doubt some spanish channels comment diffrerently?

Ive no idea what there commentary is like but i dare say its the same all over. I think its a shame that we cant have a neutral commentator that at least talks a little about a range of riders. I guess a part of it is Kirbys lack off knowledge.

Ive been watching this race for 28 years and there was a better spread when i was growing up and all we had was 30 min on Channel 4.

Come on Contador, whatever it takes !

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
arvc40 said:
Ive no idea what there commentary is like but i dare say its the same all over. I think its a shame that we cant have a neutral commentator that at least talks a little about a range of riders. I guess a part of it is Kirbys lack off knowledge.

Ive been watching this race for 28 years and there was a better spread when i was growing up and all we had was 30 min on Channel 4.

Come on Contador, whatever it takes !

Heh, probably it's not worth treating it so sensitively? :) Say for years I watch the Tour on Russian Eurosport , whose commentator is a devil-may-care Contador fan and likes to bash Schleck and Sky harshly and calls Tinkov everyday. However I hold on so far.:D

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
airstream said:
Sure because Great Britain has only 1 big favorite. Sky is a team phenomenon of last years so they deserve numerous mentions.

Id also like sky to talk a little more about the non uk riders on the team of which there is many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And just for the record, once you have lived here in the uk your whole life, gone to school here, raced here and watched all our **** tv progs, then you can call yourself a uk rider !. lol