• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 488 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
It reminds of this.
images

Just for you:
Astana-001.jpg

:D

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
burning said:
He dropped him on the Galibier, but that was due to Rasmussen's breakaway in my opinion, Rasmussen was easily the strongest guy in 2007

'Easily' doesn't seem totally fair and true to me. I'd say they were pretty close, in the mountains. Rasmussen, however, the smartest and most efficient one, IMO (Contador rode like a rookie, which of course he pretty much was, but too gutsy sometimes). That being said, Contador normally would have done better in the last TT, and (neutralizing Rasmussen's breakaway) could already have had a 39 second advantage - which of course isn't correct either.

Nilsson said:
'Easily' doesn't seem totally fair and true to me. I'd say they were pretty close, in the mountains. Rasmussen, however, the smartest and most efficient one, IMO (Contador rode like a rookie, which of course he pretty much was, but too gutsy sometimes). That being said, Contador normally would have done better in the last TT, and (neutralizing Rasmussen's breakaway) could already have had a 39 second advantage - which of course isn't correct either.

Same with Evans- but he had to mark 3 riders, Contador only one.

If only he had not tried to respond to every attack:mad:

Also his gap to Contador was 23 seconds:cool::p:D

TRENDING THREADS