• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 500 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino attacks everyone said:
I think Kreuziger has a better chance at a top 5 than those other guys, but Roche and Majka would probably be ****ed of if they must ride as bottle carriers for AC :eek:

I agree he does have a better shot, but with the other two already announced it just seems very strange to go into a Tour with all three of the strongest potential domestiques with a hard Giro in their legs.

I would have expected the lineup to be:
Majka - Giro - Vuelta
Roche - Giro - Tour
Kreuziger Tour - Vuelta

Miburo said:
Wow i wonder what he said last year :rolleyes:

Still holding a grudge are we? Maybe he should have said that he knows he has no chance and won't even bother to show up. Would that have made you happy, saved you from betting and losing the farm? :rolleyes:
He spoke in terms of his ambitions for the race, what he hoped to achieve, and how he felt leading up to the event. I'm sure he was way more disappointed with his results than you but you can't seem to have let it go and just can't move on.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
With Roche's knee injury I have my doubts that he will be in good condition on time for the giro and may have to change his plans and focus on the tour/vuelta double again. If Rogers is missing then Majka has to be in the team for the Tour aswell as he showed in the Vuelta in helping Roche that he is an excellent and loyal helper.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
sounds like Kreuziger is doing the giro?

I think it must be a wrong translation, every other interview with the team and Kreuziger says hes not riding the Giro, only Majka and Roche is, its also what Riis said in his last interview on danish Tv.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Bit odd if all of Roche, Majka and Kreuziger do the Giro. Even more so if they are all going to be riding it hard. I doubt if Contador would be overjoyed.

I don't think kreuziger will do giro. He said in Tinkoff video, his goal are two part. First is classic and romandie, and second is switzerland and TDF helping alberto.

Roche is betting that his form will better on the second GT (just like last year in vuelta). That's why he is hoping that he'll be actually better at TDF.

I would hope that majka and kreuziger will do Vuelta. Now that Quintana is penciled in for Vuelta, Bertie needs all the help he can get.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
BeP23t7CAAAZQwm.jpg:large

Must say they look happy. :)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I don't think kreuziger will do giro. He said in Tinkoff video, his goal are two part. First is classic and romandie, and second is switzerland and TDF helping alberto.

“This year I am going to stay in the warm climate a bit longer. The Tour of Oman will be a good warm-up stage race for starters. Then, I will be returning to the Strade Bianche and I will also show up at the Milan-San Remo. After two years I will also put an altitude training camp on my agenda instead of the Basque Tour,” Roman revealed.

He also targets the Belgian and Holland classics and he is definitely going to ride the Amstel Gold Race that he won last year. The first part of Roman´s race program will culminate in his participation in the Tour de Romandy. “We are expecting a baby in May so I want to be around my wife , of course. I would like to practice on my bike at home at that time,” said the proud father. “My race program for the second part of the season is not finished yet so I will reveal it later on,” he added.
Link

Carols said:
Google says:
@ FranReyesF: Benjamín Noval. "Contador will win the Tour this year for sure I do not know how much benefit, but sure wins"

I hope he's not betting the house!!!

I remember a race back in 2012..de panne i think, i was following the updates with google translate....rider a was about to catch rider b and the google translate goes "rider a is now entering rider b" lol ouch!:eek:

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
I remember a race back in 2012..de panne i think, i was following the updates with google translate....rider a was about to catch rider b and the google translate goes "rider a is now entering rider b" lol ouch!:eek:

loooooool :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:

Roche is betting that his form will better on the second GT (just like last year in vuelta). That's why he is hoping that he'll be actually better at TDF.

I would hope that majka and kreuziger will do Vuelta. Now that Quintana is penciled in for Vuelta, Bertie needs all the help he can get.

peloton said:

I've posted this link probably three pages back. But here it is again. Just scrub close to the end, if you want to hear kreuziger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3277PpNDLg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

roche interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOOsEd9vO8c#t=421

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Watched the peoples choice classic today, the Tinkoff-Saxo boys looked awesome in their new kit. So easy to spot. ;)

Though this wasnt to lucky lool

BeWBYzhCUAA68Gh.jpg:large

chris juul-jensen ‏@JensenJuul 3h
Tried to get back on bike. Jays Karate chop kept me down. That's what 1 week rooming together has done to us

TRENDING THREADS