• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
virandociclista said:
I can not believe.. only 4 days for the return of the king Alberto!!!
And the drought will be over
drought_clipart.gif

Good News:

Chris Anker Sorensen needs no surgery and he says:

If my hand heals quickly and I can manage to work out, I'm ready to run for Contador. I'd like to race because I think we have a good chance of winning there. I have not yet raced on a team in one of the big stage races where we've won. I want to try."

richwagmn said:
Seems like Contador has been pretty silent lately. Anyone have any recent updates from him (interviews, tweets, whatever)?

Well for tweets just check @albertocontador, basically he's just training, also no interviews:

"Riis has been in contact with Contador several times a week, being updated on his training. Contador is serving out the end of a doping-related ban, which expires on August 6. He is expected to start in the Eneco Tour before taking on the Vuelta.

Contador “has looked at all the stages, and we've already talked a little about them. Soon he will have the route book in his hand, and we get to see who will start the race, and then we can really prepare. But it's actually fairly simple, for he must win,” Riis told sporten.dk.

The final plans will be made at Eneco. “When we get down there, we will put the Vuelta strategy together. We will look at how we should ride the various stages, and then take it day by day when it starts.”

Contador has been concentrating on his training and therefore given no interviews lately, both Riis and the Spaniard's personal spokesman, Jacinto Vidarte said."

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Contador has been concentrating on his training and therefore given no interviews lately, both Riis and the Spaniard's personal spokesman, Jacinto Vidarte said."

I think Alberto is going to come back with such a vengeance at the Vuelta. I expect something like his Giro 2011 performance.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
richwagmn said:
I think Alberto is going to come back with such a vengeance at the Vuelta. I expect something like his Giro 2011 performance.

Aye, it calls for a good old Platoon quote:

"Somewhere out there is the beast... and he's hungry tonight" :D

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
richwagmn said:

Complete domination :D As I have set before, barring crashes, if Froome beats him I will finally join the pitchfork wielding clinic crowd lambasting Sky.

LaFlorecita said:
Lol, so embarrassing, even fans don't know that Alberto is suspended up to and including the 5th. You should see them celebrating on twitter it's embarrassing lol.

Strangely enough it seems Alberto and Team Double Bank are equally confused. They are holding a press conference tomorrow at 1500 at the team hotel, which I don't believe is permitted with a suspended rider.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Lol, so embarrassing, even fans don't know that Alberto is suspended up to and including the 5th. You should see them celebrating on twitter it's embarrassing lol.

Publicus said:
Strangely enough it seems Alberto and Team Double Bank are equally confused. They are holding a press conference tomorrow at 1500 at the team hotel, which I don't believe is permitted with a suspended rider.

La Florecita doesn't know he is clear the 5th, it's embarrassing:p:D

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Beating Scarponi the benchmark? Don't know the exact startlist of the Vuelta but I bet there will be stronger riders in comparison to the Giro last year.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Beating Scarponi the benchmark? Don't know the exact startlist of the Vuelta but I bet there will be stronger riders in comparison to the Giro last year.

Nibbles was there too