• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 540 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
expect mediocre contador at Catalunya folks..:D

“As you know it’s never easy to win such race. The race level will be at the highest and the profile of the race pretty hard. In the past few years the first two stages were offering a surprising scenario so we have to be ready and never forget that everything can happen. After those first two stages, we enter mountain terrain where I expect a big fight between the GC riders. We will have to do our best to support Alberto and we have the team to do so. Of course after Tirreno everybody expects Alberto doing another spectacular show but we have to bear in mind that he did some thing incredibly outstanding in Tirreno and it's really difficult to produce such performance at that level of competition. So we will take it day by day and the team will do their best to give him the support he deserves,” says Mauduit.

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ec3e8e1740086f503f9ba786b&id=5a54e51f82&e=b51ed284f5

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
KateOnTheGo @KateOnTheGo 8h ago
I see Alberto Contador, the drug cheat, is back winning races in Europe.

KateOnTheGo @KateOnTheGo 8h ago
Except now he’s Alberto Contador Velasco. Sorry, but you’re still a drug cheat even when you change your name.

So she thought he changed his name?

I´m glad she isn´t my lawyer...:rolleyes:

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Jspear said:
Maybe they're just preparing everyone for him losing against Froome?

no, it's smart PR

they don't know who's better at this moment so they play it safe

And it's expected after the ridiculous "i bet they watching on TV at home" comments. You don't go out chest beating after you won your first important race in the last 1.5 years.

EnacheV said:
no, it's smart PR

And it's expected after the ridiculous "i bet they watching on TV at home" comments. You don't go out chest beating after you won your first important race in the last 1.5 years.

Clearly Riis was asked about team Sky by the journalists.

Riis loves a battle as much as Dave Brailsford and knows that Team Sky will be watching and analyzing Contador's impressive performances at Tirreno-Adriatico.

"I bet they are sitting home and watching, no doubt about that," Riis said.

"Are they worried? I don't know. But this is competition. If you want to win you need to be good. If you want to beat the rest you need to be the best."

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
so it's going to come down to:

Altitude training (Froome, Purito, Tejay)

VS

Racing legs (Contador, Quintana, Horner, Dan Martin and co.)

whose leg reigns supreme? :D

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
EnacheV said:
no, it's smart PR

loooooooool jesus christ, it never stops huh.
It was an interview, he was asked a question by a journalist, he answered it, pure and simple, and this is what you can get out of it?

Hilarious.

Taxus4a said:
I have just seen Contador now...
He wdid something great... but there is anything differente from last year.. NIbali and Froome arent here, and Quintana is not peaking now as Alberto is doing form Now on till one month.
In a short stage, to attack in Lanciano is something he can do.

Of course Contador isn't peaking :rolleyes: and yes it's different because he looked smoother and more in control and stronger than he has in at least 1.5 years.

BjQwhdJCYAAikIS.jpg

Cool pic

May 26, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Excited already.... And nervous :eek: c'mon Berto beat the Dawg

Well if Contador can't beat Froome after Froome's had a 'bad back' and therefore lost training time etc then Bertie is never going to beat him.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
Well if Contador can't beat Froome after Froome's had a 'bad back' and therefore lost training time etc then Bertie is never going to beat him.

I don't buy that lost of training will have any effect to Froome's preparation. (granted he only miss 2 days. His march 13 news said he was half way of his training blocks. Go figure). Besides, Sky is known for defying the universe rule :D (hint: peak all year long, turn in a no name rider into superman domestique). And Froome already looked stellar at Oman, with what he called: "relax and slow build" approach this year.

As far as Bertie. He does looks sharper than last year at TA. And he is more focused and serious. Quite the opposite of Froome :D

TRENDING THREADS