• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 542 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
art-porte_contador-420x0.jpg

Bertie thinking "damnit Bjarne buy me some better domestiques pronto"

Little did he know this guy would be in the top 5 climbers of the world 2 years later.

Richie Porte is in the top 3

1)Froome

2)Horner
3)Porte

BTW how small is Porte?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I can't believe we are back to the "Berto is old" storyline again. Have a little faith, peeps. It ain't time to be doubting him just yet.

His every word and action is fodder for either raising expectations to the heavens or losing all hope. It must be stressful as hell being AC with all the pressure on him from fans, let alone that Russian tyrant. ;)

LaFlorecita said:

Porte's head is really big for his body.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
At least he won Tirreno :) now I'm just hoping for an OK performance in la Volta :)

if by ok you mean not getting dropped repeatedly by Dawg and/or losing 30+ seconds on a mtf then I agree.

It wouldnt bother me too much if he loses to Dawg in the GC, as long as he doesnt get embarrassed.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
So: you have now admitted to having photos of an old man in his underwear on your computer. Interesting :p

(Got similar pix too for Jens Voigt and Chris Horner?) :eek:

She has pics of all the peloton in their underwear on her computer. If they don't agree to it, Flo emails the UCI.

peloton said:
1.72? Wow

That would make Contador close to 1.90 and he is just above 1.70

Fzotrlool said:
Bertie is 1.76-77 (I think), but he looks more like 1.88-89 in that picture.

BYOP88 said:
There's no way that Porte is 1.72 if Contador is 1.76

I don't know about you guys, but my forehead isn't 17-18 cm high :D

And it seems like Porte is sitting on his frame while Contador is sitting on his saddle, which means he might be standing on his tiptoes (to look longer :p)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Alberto looks really good,hope it will be enough on dawg comes july.about Cataluna,it will be a weird race,looks like nobody is in a really good shape.hope Alberto won't lose too much.

Porte us defintely standing on tiptoes:D

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
del1962 said:
Why does Contador refer to himself in the third person, it is always a bit weird when people do this
I've understood it like a way to respond in the same manner as he was asked
...when asked if “Alberto Contador was here to win too?”
The question was formulated like they were talking about the third party, so...
Nothing strange, imo.

TRENDING THREADS