Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 543 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2011
1,315
0
0
podunavac said:
I've understood it like a way to respond in the same manner as he was asked
The question was formulated like they were talking about the third party, so...
Nothing strange, imo.

I agree just the way they asked it.
 
BYOP88 said:
If the interview was in English, I'd give him a pass. If it was in Spanish I'd think it was a touch weird.

Why would that be weird? He was asked "Alberto Contador is here to win too?" instead of "you're here to win too?". "Alberto is here..." seems like the normal way to answer that question. I'd reply the same way.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Why would that be weird? He was asked "Alberto Contador is here to win too?" instead of "you're here to win too?". "Alberto is here..." seems like the normal way to answer that question. I'd reply the same way.

But you're weird too!!!:D

BTW your friend was here a while ago, a few sub-forums down.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
I saw that, won't reply though or she'll call me a crazy stalker chick psycho girl again :D

Well I never thought I would agree with Miss Cound, but she is right about that:D:D:D
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
LaFlorecita said:
I saw that, won't reply though or she'll call me a crazy stalker chick psycho girl again :D

Um, that's the prerogative of Macarena Pescador and no one else. If Macarena has no problem with you, you're fine. :p
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
it's kinda hard to read Contador now. He doesn't show some kind of confidence like in TA. He is a little more scaled back with his ambition. He didn't even mention about the "s" word either. His DS didn't say anything remotely like in TA. So I wonder if he is actually in a fatique period.. :confused:

I just hope he won't get embarrassed by Froome. Now with Porte is gone, one less headache to deal with. But I'm sure Lopez or Sitsou might play the Richie's role.
 
The team is playing it very low key. I don't think they want him to go to deep and save it for July. But it would be great psychologically for him to beat Froome in at least one stage here I think. Tomorrow we find out where they all are!

- There is no pressure on Alberto tomorrow. He did a fantastic job in Tirreno, and he doesn’t have to push himself too much at this point in the season. For sure, tomorrow will be interesting, but it’s also very unpredictable because of bad weather. And also shape-wise, nobody knows how the competitors are feeling, so we’ll wait and see until the climb, says Philippe Mauduit.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
2
0
Fzotrlool said:
Bertie is 1.76-77 (I think), but he looks more like 1.88-89 in that picture.

maybe if you are blind. porte is clealry not standing straight and hanging more on one leg ducking forwards.
 
Feb 2, 2014
156
0
0
So excited about tomorrow!

Sky is still quite brutal compared to Tinkoff, even without Porte. Contador will be left to himself.

I mean, in a group of 30-40 men, Froome should still have Nieve and Lopez (and maybe even Siutsou), while Contador will have none.
 
Feb 2, 2014
156
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
maybe if you are blind. porte is clealry not standing straight and hanging more on one leg ducking forwards.

art-svPORTE-420x0.jpg


The entire picture is here. Conta still looks a couple of inches taller to me. He is standing on the ground with one of his feet.
 
Sykhrzon said:
So excited about tomorrow!

Sky is still quite brutal compared to Tinkoff, even without Porte. Contador will be left to himself.

I mean, in a group of 30-40 men, Froome should still have Nieve and Lopez (and maybe even Siutsou), while Contador will have none.

It's supposed to be cold and rainy, weather that Froome is not especially fond of (as I recall from 2013 T-A). But there's no question Froome has the strongest team on paper. I think in a rush to push this matchup folks are overlooking Movistar, Katusha and AG2R. There will be a lot of teams viaing for the win. It will be interesting to see who can throws down the gauntlet first. I think Froome sets a high pace and tries to leave it from the final 1-2KM to blow up the group of leaders
 
Feb 2, 2014
156
0
0
Publicus said:
I think Froome sets a high pace and tries to leave it from the final 1-2KM to blow up the group of leaders
Yeah, definitely. The big question is whether Contador will be able to respond to Froomes explosion or whether he'll try to take the initiative and attack by himself even earlier.
 
Feb 2, 2014
156
0
0
Publicus said:
It's supposed to be cold and rainy, weather that Froome is not especially fond of (as I recall from 2013 T-A).
And yeah, he's definitely not happy about the bad weather conditions, but he is lucky that there is no Nibali.

Not sure what the other GC riders perform in rain, wind and sleet.

A rider like S. Sanchez is really good in such conditions, but he seems to be in decline. Uran should be great as well.
 
Sykhrzon said:
Yeah, definitely. The big question is whether Contador will be able to respond to Froomes explosion or whether he'll try to take the initiative and attack by himself even earlier.

That was his approach last year (e.g., T.A. and Dauphine) and Froome ALWAYS rode him down. Maybe he has the legs and stamina to make such an attack stick this year. Maybe not. I think that is why he and his team are playing their cards close to their vest. They have no idea where they are relative to Froome 2013 or 2014.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Publicus said:
It's supposed to be cold and rainy, weather that Froome is not especially fond of (as I recall from 2013 T-A). But there's no question Froome has the strongest team on paper. I think in a rush to push this matchup folks are overlooking Movistar, Katusha and AG2R. There will be a lot of teams viaing for the win. It will be interesting to see who can throws down the gauntlet first. I think Froome sets a high pace and tries to leave it from the final 1-2KM to blow up the group of leaders

Remember Romandie 2013;)
 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
Jelantik said:
it's kinda hard to read Contador now. He doesn't show some kind of confidence like in TA. He is a little more scaled back with his ambition. He didn't even mention about the "s" word either. His DS didn't say anything remotely like in TA. So I wonder if he is actually in a fatique period.. :confused:

I just hope he won't get embarrassed by Froome. Now with Porte is gone, one less headache to deal with. But I'm sure Lopez or Sitsou might play the Richie's role.

He´s just playing with the Froomedawg, before he totally destroys him, like a lion playing with it´s meal before it kills it and eats it.
It´s the new Alberto, the new IRONMAN FROM PINTO part 2.

Be afraid, be very afraid!! :D:D
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Butterhead said:
He´s just playing with the Froomedawg, before he totally destroys him, like a lion playing with it´s meal before it kills it and eats it.
It´s the new Alberto, the new IRONMAN FROM PINTO part 2.

Be afraid, be very afraid!! :D:D

LOL..:D I hope you are right. I'm too.. scaling back my hope. But not lying, tomorrow is a suspense :p Maybe tomorrow won't be so much attacking compare to Thursday. But learning from last year TDF, Froome likes to destroy everyone on the first mountain stage. I hope Contador can match Froome toe to toe.

Weather wise, Purito doesn't like wet and cold. Contador is fine in the rain and cold, but his fitness after TA is unknown. Bentacur is fine and I believe Quintana too.