• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 546 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Tomorrow is the proper test, as you say let's hope it's on! I have a feeling Contador will do it tomorrow. Froome looks to have lost a little race form due to his minor injury.

contador seems to be concerned about how he fares against froome today. Logically, froome should be rusty, but Froome said he is planning to smooke everyone tomorrow :D

“I think tomorrow will be more my style of racing. Again I’m here after a big break so I’m just hoping to do the best race possible and just to get that race feeling back into the legs again.”
Read more at http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,30313_9233740,00.html#y0oKV3EmbqW01gPJ.99

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ninja!

BjuYgzFIgAAQU8h.jpg

Esta un poco fresquito el dia!Etapa reina hoy en @VoltaCatalunya .It seems there is a little cold!Queen stage today. pic.twitter.com/wFEDBE8NQ1

Jelantik said:
contador seems to be concerned about how he fares against froome today. Logically, froome should be rusty, but Froome said he is planning to smooke everyone tomorrow :D

No he didn't. Read the article properly he says : “I’m happy I tried but I know I’ve got a lot of work to do on my condition.”
Read more at http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,30313_9233740,00.html#UcuOo3ulBz8gTOyZ.99

He only mentioned that the tougher climb will suit him more than yesterday which is obviously true to anyone who knows anything about the sport. He also mentioned he wants to do as well as possible, not necessarily win the stage.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Ninja!

BjuYgzFIgAAQU8h.jpg

Esta un poco fresquito el dia!Etapa reina hoy en @VoltaCatalunya .It seems there is a little cold!Queen stage today. pic.twitter.com/wFEDBE8NQ1

Smart plan for him, it worked for Purito after all.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Tomorrow is a chance too. But I agree that it'll be very hard, he should've put time into Purito today. Purito will be able to grab boni's tomorrow and Sunday.

I don't know how hard that climb is tomorrow. It's not that long, so Alberto really has to attack from far out.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Damn it! So close... grrr

Yes, I agree! From what I read on Twitter, Froome attacked and Contador, Purito and Quintana followed. Then Contador attacked but only Purito and Quintana responded. The three kept going until Bradet passed them with van Garderen. The two kept going with Contador chasing from behind and you know the rest.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
All I care about is who crosses the line first, AC or the dawg.
Does it matter?
Not in regards of who is in the better shape of the 2, but in regards to the mental boost that it means especially to AC, then it´s extremely important.
Who wins in July I have no idea, but for the fans, riders and teams this is a boost that can and will move a few borders compared to last years disaster, so the suspense is intact and we can await a nice battle in July.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
They are not really accurate with the times. I think Alberto got two seconds instead of one today.

But Purito yesterday got 5 seconds to my opinion instead of 4.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
No he didn't. Read the article properly he says : “I’m happy I tried but I know I’ve got a lot of work to do on my condition.”
Read more at http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,30313_9233740,00.html#UcuOo3ulBz8gTOyZ.99

He only mentioned that the tougher climb will suit him more than yesterday which is obviously true to anyone who knows anything about the sport. He also mentioned he wants to do as well as possible, not necessarily win the stage.

duh.. it's a joke. I know what he said... take it as tongue and cheek..:D