• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 600 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gentel(wo)men...and TANK91,

Please refrain from Clinic references outside the Clinic.

Don't feed the trolls.

And desist from baiting.

I suggest those who struggle with comprehension and grammar take a little longer than usual to read this post, and let its inherant message sink in before succumbing to your desire to hit the "submit" button

cheers
bison

rhubroma said:
The dilemma is that Contador will need to put time into Froome in the mountains, not just not get dropped.

Saturday he needs to try to win the stage me thinks and put in a good attack. At a certain point he can't just let the Briton lay down the law if he wants to beat him.

I agree. In the Tour. At the right time. Not in Dauphine.

I like how Contador, Nibali, and the others agreed on letting Froome do all the work in the group. They'll probably need such tactics in order to win the TdF. But it's much easier to effectuate such tactics at Dauphine than at TdF! I'm sure lots of teams will be satisfied with one of the lesser podium spots even if that means helping Froome to another win. So we'll probably see much more of this in July:

d0hgXIV.jpg

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
el_angliru said:
I like how Contador, Nibali, and the others agreed on letting Froome do all the work in the group. They'll probably need such tactics in order to win the TdF. But it's much easier to effectuate such tactics at Dauphine than at TdF! I'm sure lots of teams will be satisfied with one of the lesser podium spots even if that means helping Froome to another win. So we'll probably see much more of this in July:

d0hgXIV.jpg

Oh I remember that. God, I hate when they fight for anything but the win.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
sittingbison said:
Gentel(wo)men...and TANK91,

Please refrain from Clinic references outside the Clinic.

Don't feed the trolls.

And desist from baiting.

I suggest those who struggle with comprehension and grammar take a little longer than usual to read this post, and let its inherant message sink in before succumbing to your desire to hit the "submit" button

cheers
bison

thank you bison for giving the warning.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
it was a bit edgy, but Kreuziger was clearly not at his TA level, and didn't really do to much for AC in Basque this year.

I agree, he wasn't at his TA level but what I saw was Kreuziger doing good job for Alberto as he was only one to stay with him in hills except maybe for Sutherland, rest of the team nowhere to be seen. I was asking about some crision mentioned by Nilsson with regards to Paulinho, you know Netserk's answer - not helpful at all :)
To say he was crap is just trolling. Or is this know expression for doing ok? :)

Kokoso said:
I agree, he wasn't at his TA level but what I saw was Kreuziger doing good job for Alberto as he was only one to stay with him in hills except maybe for Sutherland, rest of the team nowhere to be seen. I was asking about some crision mentioned by Nilsson with regards to Paulinho, you know Netserk's answer - not helpful at all :)
To say he was crap is just trolling. Or is this know expression for doing ok? :)

Crap compared to what he is capable of I guess ;)

Red Rick said:
If there's another 500m, Froome starts his sprint 500m later:rolleyes:

is a case that was the last km (harder) to make the selection? Indeed, the last 500m 8.5%?

it is one thing to respond to an attack on a section of 6/6.5% , another is to respond on 8.5%:rolleyes:

However, I think that Alberto will improve from today to Saturday and do a good performance in Emosson :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Playing mind games or not, Fact: Contador did say he was on his limit. Period. I think we should stop over analyzing what happen on stage 2. Froome is clearly stronger than Contador, but Contador so far are able to match him. Yes, even though Froome won. By how many seconds? 0. He got his time from bonus. (no bonus at TDF). So move on to the next stage. Gap? Does contador want to test Froome's downhill skill? if not. Move on. Stage 7. We'll see if they actually equally match with each other. Like I said, Froome will win Dauphene, but it would be nice if Contador can win at least one mountain stage, which means he has to finish ahead of Froome even if the winning time difference is 0.

Other than that I would get ready with my popcorn, stop over analyzing, and enjoy june fireworks :D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Playing mind games or not, Fact: Contador did say he was on his limit. Period. I think we should stop over analyzing what happen on stage 2. Froome is clearly stronger than Contador, but Contador so far are able to match him. Yes, even though Froome won. By how many seconds? 0. He got his time from bonus. (no bonus at TDF). So move on to the next stage. Gap? Does contador want to test Froome's downhill skill? if not. Move on. Stage 7. We'll see if they actually equally match with each other. Like I said, Froome will win Dauphene, but it would be nice if Contador can win at least one mountain stage, which means he has to finish ahead of Froome even if the winning time difference is 0.

Other than that I would get ready with my popcorn, stop over analyzing, and enjoy june fireworks :D

And you actually believe him,so naive:p Im not saying its not true, but we cant take his words seriously,its Alberto:D

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
can we come to stage 4, please.

i personally think AC will attack in the final climb and descent like a rocket. probably he will send someone up in the early break, but not sure abt it.

Froome is expected to set a very high tempo to shed as many riders (in other teams) as possible and descent behind porte or thomas to the finish.

Nibali will attack. i dont know from where.

Kelderman will follow the main group and attack later.

Anyother possible tactics for the top-4?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
And you actually believe him,so naive:p Im not saying its not true,but we cant take his words seriously,its Alberto:D

Weeeeellll..I have too. For now at least :D. He did say similar thing on TA (not totally the same). I remembered in his interview he kept saying that he was worry about Kwiat and later we saw that he blew kwiat out on Lanciano. This time around, the way he says to the press is a little different than last year. He seemed to be down playing a lot more. So maybe, your suspicions probably have a merit. But as I said, I don't want to over analyze what he said or not said since I'm not the one who has a heart rate of 203...

So for now, I will take his word. :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
murali said:

i personally think AC will attack in the final climb and descent like a rocket. probably he will send someone up in the early break, but not sure abt it.

Froome is expected to set a very high tempo to shed as many riders (in other teams) as possible and descent behind porte or thomas to the finish.

If Contador attacks it's probably to test his leg. The climb isn't steep enough in my understanding. So I don't think he will be the first one to attack. Out of the 4, I think the first attack will come from Nibali. He needs to show something for himself. Some reassurance that he got the tactical savvy even if his form isn't there. If that happens, Contador will follow or let Froome closes and he follows. And so does Van Der Broeck. If the attack successfully split the group, Kelderman and Van der Broeck might want to keep the pace high all the way down since they are chasing for position.

murali said:

Personally I think that AC, Froomie, Nibali, Talansky, Kelderman, and company will all come in on the same time. I'd give a stage like this to a breakaway. I know Froome has said he expects some action, but the profile doesn't look hard enough to make any serious attacks. Still I'd be happy if I was wrong and someone like Nibali tried to get away on the decent. Even then I think Contador will just follow Froome.

TRENDING THREADS