• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 602 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bp64ne2CcAArpYK.jpg:large

Froome looking at Alberto's stem:rolleyes:

murali said:
i am getting irritated by the eventless race so far. 3 interesting attacks is all we got in this race, and none were from top-3 in GC.

i would rather have a 1990s type doped to the gills race with loads of attacks than such a passive race.

We got way better action on Col du Béal than anyone could expect, stage 3 was for sprinters and yesterday was always going to be one for the break away with the GC guys doing nothing.

So it was pretty decent so far I'd say, especially because stage racing is simply not the most entertaining part of cycling anyway.

Flamin said:
We got way better action on Col du Béal than anyone could expect, stage 3 was for sprinters and yesterday was always going to be one for the break away with the GC guys doing nothing.

So it was pretty decent so far I'd say, especially because stage racing is simply not the most entertaining part of cycling anyway.

And today was also pretty interesting so far. Sadly we have no live-coverage of it.

1 man attacking with 30km to go in the descent of a preperation race

1 man hiding behind his teammates cause it's more than 5km from the finish line and because he's too dumb to understand any sort of other tactic

And people wonder why Contador has more fans on this forum:eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Red Rick said:
1 man attacking with 30km to go in the descent of a preperation race

1 man hiding behind his teammates cause it's more than 5km from the finish line and because he's too dumb to understand any sort of other tactic

And people wonder why Contador has more fans on this forum:eek:
Yep,its ridiculous:rolleyes:
Miburo said:
Why would you ever think Contador will attack on a stage like this in the freaking dauphine?

Contador btw barely does any attacking in the dauphine regardless. His racing style is completely in the dauphine compared to other races.

Hehe :),never underestimate Alberto Contador Velasco:D:D

cauberg1999

BANNED
Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
being a fan is one thing. smirking his first opponent with and without reason is the other. froomes fan are just more mature to react could be

alberto was making a repition of his long range move on tour probably but there this will be will massive help from the team

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
when i came online i saw a message that porte closed the gap to contador. :(

any footage of the AC attack?

And, a certain gentleman said yesterday that dauphine is not the kind of terrain that Contador will attack, esp in a training ride. It was supposed to be boring.

well, as long as the good old riders like AC are around, an attack is always just around the corner. :)

(still kicking myself for coming online late:mad:)

murali said:
when i came online i saw a message that porte closed the gap to contador. :(

any footage of the AC attack?

And, a certain gentleman said yesterday that dauphine is not the kind of terrain that Contador will attack, esp in a training ride. It was supposed to be boring.

well, as long as the good old riders like AC are around, an attack is always just around the corner. :)

(still kicking myself for coming online late:mad:)

I'm sure there will be highlights since it was THE action of the stage save Kelderman's attack in the final 3KM (which I think was precipitated by Contador's attack)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
pretty awesome attack. at one point, froome was almost shaking, head all over the place,quite scared. he had luck that richie was strong and that alberto didn't have guys up front
very nice preview of what will happen in le tour. bravo alberto!

I'm not so sure this attack is a good sign,you do this kind of things when your opponent is stronger.I wait for Contador to drop Froome on mountains,not this Fuente De crap,which is funny if your name is not Purito.:D

jens_attacks said:
pretty awesome attack. at one point, froome was almost shaking, head all over the place,quite scared. he had luck that richie was strong and that alberto didn't have guys up front
very nice preview of what will happen in le tour. bravo alberto!

Bertie looked quite comfortable... Not too tired :D

And smiling and waving to his fangirls watching the race :D

murali said:
how many TS riders were with him when AC attacked?

He attacked on his own looking to bridge to riders up the road. I heard there were 2 of them, but we only saw him join Paulinho who towed him for a bit before he attacked off up the hill again. It was a good attack to my mind despite being unsuccessful, if nothing else it showed what kind of strength Sky do have in their train as they were forced to commit to covering it.

MBotero said:
I'm not so sure this attack is a good sign,you do this kind of things when your opponent is stronger.I wait for Contador to drop Froome on mountains,not this Fuente De crap,which is funny if your name is not Purito.:D

I disagree that it might be a bad sign. I think you have to find and exploit your opponents weakness. I think AC was probing here.

EDIT: It seems Froome agrees with your assessment.

Froome: "Si Contador está tan fuerte, atacará subiendo y no bajando". La batalla dialéctica ha empezado.

Froome: "If Contador is so strong, it will attack up and not down." The battle of wits has begun.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Eclipse said:
He attacked on his own looking to bridge to riders up the road. I heard there were 2 of them, but we only saw him join Paulinho who towed him for a bit before he attacked off up the hill again. It was a good attack to my mind despite being unsuccessful, if nothing else it showed what kind of strength Sky do have in their train as they were forced to commit to covering it.

so he basically said: I am attacking alone. let me see whether you can catch up?

that's a pretty strong statement. Froome relying on others to catch up is ....well.... TdF is going to light up now.

If Froome cant get a decisive lead over AC with a strong team, then what will he be able to do in TdF when bertie will have his full team!!!

murali said:
so he basically said: I am attacking alone. let me see whether you can catch up?

that's a pretty strong statement. Froome relying on others to catch up is ....well.... TdF is going to light up now.

If Froome cant get a decisive lead over AC with a strong team, then what will he be able to do in TdF when bertie will have his full team!!!

Todays showed Porte & Nieve both look to be in great shape and to be frank I don't think he needs a decisive lead as he's a better time trialist and looks be gaining a second a kilometer on Contador.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hoping to win the tour with just TT is foolish.

I dont think anyone can rely on a strong TT finish so late in the tour to win TdF.

The mountains will decide, instead of TTs.

Is there any chance for AC in Final kilometers:
PROFILKMS.png

they say the 15% is just for 100m

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I missed the stage, anyone want to give me some insight into the details of Contador's attack? I.E. where it was, how long it lasted, how the others reacted, etc. Thanks. :)

MatParker117 said:
Todays showed Porte & Nieve both look to be in great shape and to be frank I don't think he needs a decisive lead as he's a better time trialist and looks be gaining a second a kilometer on Contador.

Given that the ITT is the penultimate stage, I don't know if you can draw any conclusions yet. To me the final ITT is all about who is best able to recover and judging by last year, Froome seems to be strongest in the first two weeks. We'll see if he's dialed that in better this year.