Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 639 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Sciocco said:
Can't decide if Nibali's or Tinkoff's are worse, would've preferred something along the lines of this if they're going to go green:

oooahh.. not this color. It's like you wanna be green or green yellowish? I don't like when Contador wore that jersey. He looks hideous. He looks good in other color such as red, yellow, or pink. Other than that, .. next please :D

Jul 19, 2010
LaFlorecita said:
I like the old jerseys a lot better but I agree that it looks a little bland compared to these new ones.
ME TOO like the old color. It's more woodstock yellow. It looks nice on the boys. This one looks more like those 'highlighter' color. But as far as visibility goes, I don't complain about it. I bet it glows too at night when a light shines on it :D

As far as Brand color wise, this kinda off from what tinkoff credit system color palette. Not good for marketing wise, but that darn TDF organizer, just can't accept other yellow color besides yellow jersey. On hindsight, at least they didn't go with white or black dominant. Coz we are going to confuse alberto with either froome or kittel :D

Jan 3, 2011
I can live with the colour. But the russian flag on the back... Really? It would have been a lot better if it was a flag of the riders nationality.

Jul 19, 2010
Cimber said:
I can live with the colour. But the russian flag on the back... Really? It would have been a lot better if it was a flag of the riders nationality.
i was thinking the same thing. I agree, it would more make sense to honor each riders nationality by putting their flag on the back

Jul 11, 2013
Cimber said:
I would prefer the flag rather than some third grade russian rider on the roster...

Jul 11, 2013
Cimber said:
How about neither
Neither would be great..

Riis never plastered the team with danish colours (couldn't blame him as he's not popular with many danes and in particular parts of the danish press)

Tinkoff supplies the doe so i don't worry much about colours as long as he doesn't interfer in ways that affect team performance negative in order to show his ownership...

Aug 4, 2010
LaFlorecita said:
I actually meant that if he's wearing the yellow jersey, it'll be an even more hideous sight ;) Tinkoff yellow bikes and helmet + Fluo yellow shorts + Tour yellow jersey.

It's almost enough to make me wish he does NOT get to wear the yellow jersey :eek:
this!,and it reminds me days of opposite situation,great leaders jersey that matches with everything,this:)

Jspear said:
Yes and if they had gone with a green similar to that, they would have been told to change it because it would be to similar to the green jersey.
It seems to they could have given them more notice so that they could have coordinated the bikes and helmets.

As far as the fluoro yellow I think it should've been expected since Tinkoff's banks colors are yellow and he is the primary sponsor. It looks good to me. Quite easy to identify in the peloton too as mentioned earlier.

Oct 20, 2009
oh this thread exploded today because of the new kit color? i think all protour kits are ugly billboards so i don't care what color it is or was. all i care is if i can tell it's tinkoff and not leaky gas or cannondale on a low resolution stream. the russian flag is pretty lame though.

LaFlorecita said:
I actually meant that if he's wearing the yellow jersey, it'll be an even more hideous sight ;) Tinkoff yellow bikes and helmet + Fluo yellow shorts + Tour yellow jersey.

It's almost enough to make me wish he does NOT get to wear the yellow jersey :eek:
When :) Contador gets the yellow jersey I imagine they will allow him to wear the original Tinkoff kit or special matching yellow shorts.

Where is Bjarne Riis ??? ...he isn't in any of the photos or team reec or plane or hotel pics....only Oleg in everything

Must say I like the French DSs quip (Maudit ??) when asked by Greg Le Mond if Alberto is frightened of the cobbles .." We are thinking of entering him in Paric Roubaix next year"

rhubroma said:
It looks horrible. :(

Why can't teams have nice, earthy tones?

But this is what happens when mega-wealth has no culture. Get a sense of aesthetics.
Earthy? Ugh! A burlap sack of wet fish looks earthy.

This is the Tour de France, and not some ride by the local geography club. Neon yellow is bold, brash and beautiful everything the TDF should be.

Jul 19, 2010
inthepink said:
Where is Bjarne Riis ??? ...he isn't in any of the photos or team reec or plane or hotel pics....only Oleg in everything

Must say I like the French DSs quip (Maudit ??) when asked by Greg Le Mond if Alberto is frightened of the cobbles .." We are thinking of entering him in Paric Roubaix next year"
LOL. great answer :D

Btw, Riis is behind Oleg. if you look really close on the jet photo, way, way, way at the back you can see the bald head of Riis. He is around, just not front and center. You know.. like master yoda :D .. only make appearance when it matters.

RobbieCanuck said:
Earthy? Ugh! A burlap sack of wet fish looks earthy.

This is the Tour de France, and not some ride by the local geography club. Neon yellow is bold, brash and beautiful everything the TDF should be.
Makes me want to vomit.

You just don't get what I meant. The aesthetic, as it generally is, looks like bad 70's comic book superheroes. I really do think of the Smurfs everytime I see Astana these days.

I meant something just moderately connected to the natural world. Pick your color. I prefer generally darker hues, for instance the dark blue Postal kit was pretty good I have to admit (better yet the mostly black Cantina Tollo kit of the early 2000's), but pick whatever fancy's you.

Jan 3, 2011
Berto: "My form this year can be compared to 2009. I have been good all season but it didnt really come all together till just recently"

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS