• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 642 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Afrank said:
Tinkov you brilliant troll you. Seeing the kit on the road I notice in the right light, the new kits look the exact same shade of yellow. But it's a fluo color (which you only notice in darker light), so they can't claim it too similar to the yellow jersey. Simply brilliant. :D

Honestly I thought they had switched back to their usual kit. :D

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
Tinkov you brilliant troll you. Seeing the kit on the road I notice in the right light, the new kits look the exact same shade of yellow. But it's a fluo color (which you only notice in darker light), so they can't claim it too similar to the yellow jersey. Simply brilliant. :D

absolutely.
i think i will hav to take back my complaints abt the designer.

Ha ha, nice!

BrySllQCAAAJax_.jpg

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep jerseys certainly look better in the pack. Looking forward to comparing them versus the actual yellow jersey tomorrow. Could ASO force further color changes?

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Just admit to being surprised and frightened at Froome's famed sprinting abilities. The man can really do it all.

i'm surprised and frightened that the main gc favorite would jeopardize his tour by participating in that sprint. what a dummy

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Rogers looked like a captain today. Always first 15-20 positions and keeping Alberto out of trouble. Very composed , seemingly effortless. I think he is in great shape right now.
Roche showed he's in great shape at Route du Sud. Majka will ride himself into condition for the Alps.

Kiryenka seemed to suffer. Hasn't shown anything this year. I think Kiryenka and Lopez are key figures for team SKY. If they are not in good form, Thomas Nieve and Porte will have to set the pace very early. Or chase depending on race situation.

Tomorrow will be interesting. If the race goes hard and Alberto feels good, he might try something.

icefire said:
Then he beat the current Fleche Wallone winner in an uphill sprint

jaylew said:
Honestly, that would make it even more impressive as he's been one of the best at that particular skill for years. In truth, he was on the front chasing Roche for a good while before Mick came around him in the sprint.

It almost sounded like SeriousSam was saying that because Mick beat Valverde he's an okay sprinter. My only point was that he might be a good sprinter uphill...that suits him more. Today he was were he was not because he's an amazing sprinter but because of tactical smartness and some luck.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
Just admit to being surprised and frightened at Froome's famed sprinting abilities. The man can really do it all.

i just p***ed in my *****t out of fear.

Hail Hitler!!!

Seriously though, a Froome fan should be seriously worried. The team doesnt appear to be string enough. They were not in the front. Kiriyenka, Pate, Xandio is a definite worry.

In the case of TCS, except for Majka (due to obv reasons) everyone else looked pretty strong.

and WTF was Froome doing following rogers' wheels? tht was the dumbest move ever made by a gc rider. Sky's team car is still behind tinkof's car. This is where saxo showed smartness. They used Rogers to get the spot.

it looks as if Froome is destined to crash like the way he did in CD, and blame it for losing the jersey.

TRENDING THREADS