• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 653 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
Isn't it sad to be happy someone lost time only because that's good for your entertainment?

Seriously, dah-link, go back to my earlier post, a few hours ago, we were lamenting the fact that AC was essentially handed the tour by Froome's dnf and whining about how boring the tour was about to become now you're getting panicky over a less than stellar result today.

Go back and watch the 2012 Vuelta and ask yourself why EVERYONE isn't a fan of this guy? We're blessed and privileged to be seeing what we are about to see. Chill, baby, chill! Gonna be fireworks galore.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
He had gear problems in Dauphine too. and he has same pblm today.

who made the gear in his bike? i feel like bashing the vendor. losing time due to hardware pblm is not fair.

murali said:
forget abt this entertainment chaps.

lets look at places where he can get back time.

i think that one among stage 7,8,9

Not before stage 10 and he will probably attack on stage 11 to prevent Squalo charging the descent there. If they are not on their toes there he could even loose more time right there. I think we have to wait until stage 13 to see something happen.

ggusta said:
Seriously, dah-link, go back to my earlier post, a few hours ago, we were lamenting the fact that AC was essentially handed the tour by Froome's dnf and whining about how boring the tour was about to become now you're getting panicky over a less than stellar result today.

Go back and watch the 2012 Vuelta and ask yourself why EVERYONE isn't a fan of this guy? We're blessed and privileged to be seeing what we are about to see. Chill, baby, chill! Gonna be fireworks galore.

I don't really care about those fireworks and I think it's not cool to expect Contador to light up every race he starts.

I just want him to win, forget about the fireworks.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I don't really care about those fireworks and I think it's not cool to expect Contador to light up every race he starts.

I just want him to win, forget about the fireworks.

Knowing the Riis - AC combo, they will come up with something clinical to get back to yellow.

i just wish tht tht stupid oleg will keep his mouth shut. i dont want him ruin AC's chances again.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I want Contador to win as much as the next guy but Nibali won time fair and square today. Win or lose, Contador is gonna die trying. I'd rather have a hard fought 30 second win/2nd place rather than an easy 4 minute cruise ala 2009.

"Hoy fue un dia de supervivencia, perdí tiempo con grandes corredores de la general pero sali vivo y sin caidas. El Tour de Francia empieza ahora!!!
Today was a surviving day,I lost time with very big riders at GC, but I'm still alive and without crashes. The Tour de France start now!!!"

Sounds motivated!

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Contador to go 2012 vuelta and attack at every oppurtunity but this time i dont see anyone matching him he will get the gaps

I see him taking yellow on the stage to Hautacam

infeXio said:
"Hoy fue un dia de supervivencia, perdí tiempo con grandes corredores de la general pero sali vivo y sin caidas. El Tour de Francia empieza ahora!!!
Today was a surviving day,I lost time with very big riders at GC, but I'm still alive and without crashes. The Tour de France start now!!!"

Sounds motivated!

He always sounds motivated. Doesn't mean anything. He sounded motivated last year too.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wish I could have seen Froome v Contador in the Mountains. Just have to be Froome v Contador in Spain with Contador fresh from winning this Tour.:)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's simple, if Contador can't get back 2.40 on Nibali in the mountains he doesn't deserve to win this tour.

It's that simple, he would have never been able to beat froome then. I see his loss as a bit of justice for froome dropping out.