Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 22, 2011
2,843
1
0
LaFlorecita said:
I would love Purito to win a GT but not one Alberto participates in. :p
Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
Fetisoff said:
Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)
Interesting to see what you said before this years Giro and last years Vuelta.

They are different circumstances but cycling is renowned for its unpredictability and even not considering crashes etc, Contador may not be on top form and 100 other scenarios could also occur.
 
Jan 22, 2011
2,843
1
0
Froome19 said:
Interesting to see what you said before this years Giro and last years Vuelta.

They are different circumstances but cycling is renowned for its unpredictability and even not considering crashes etc, Contador may not be on top form and 100 other scenarios could also occur.
In the spirit of this thread, I will stick to my original statement though
 
Froome19 said:
Interesting to see what you said before this years Giro and last years Vuelta.

They are different circumstances but cycling is renowned for its unpredictability and even not considering crashes etc, Contador may not be on top form and 100 other scenarios could also occur.
since when does contador need to be in top form to win a GT? :eek:

the worst shape he has shown in a GT since 07 was still enough to win him the tour :p
 
Fetisoff said:
Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)
Yes that's true. But I'm afraid that Alberto will fail because there is so much pressure on him because everyone expects him to really dominate the race.
 
Fetisoff said:
Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)
there is more than a 0.01 % chance that Contador can crash or something in which case it is wide open and anyone from Anton to jrod to de Gendt to maybe even a tdf guy like Evans, could win it.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
Parrulo said:
since when does contador need to be in top form to win a GT? :eek:

the worst shape he has shown in a GT since 07 was still enough to win him the tour :p
He doesnt, but his form after a lack of racing may be 99% strong enough to win, but there is still a 1% chance it wont be, unlike Fetissof implied.
 
Froome19 said:
He doesnt, but his form after a lack of racing may be 99% strong enough to win, but there is still a 1% chance it wont be, unlike Fetissof implied.
he will only stay away 6 months from racing and will have a week of race before then vuelta starts.

he said in a interview last month that he already reached a peak of form like he would usually do for a race in april which was when he beat his record up the climb he usually times himself and since the last record was from the week before the giro then we can only guess how strong he was.

i don't think he will have any problems getting into shape for the vuelta.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
Parrulo said:
he will only stay away 6 months from racing and will have a week of race before then vuelta starts.

he said in a interview last month that he already reached a peak of form like he would usually do for a race in april which was when he beat his record up the climb he usually times himself and since the last record was from the week before the giro then we can only guess how strong he was.

i don't think he will have any problems getting into shape for the vuelta.
Exactly, but if you can say anything which is a total certainty in cycling, then......
 
Fetisoff said:
Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)
How about Chris Froome ?

I can't believe I said that without laughing. I probably spelled his name wrong and all...:)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS