• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I would love Purito to win a GT but not one Alberto participates in. :p

Well, all I'm saying there's only two potential winners of this year's Vuelta.

Alberto (99.9% chance of winning)
Purito (the other 0.01% chance)

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:

Interesting to see what you said before this years Giro and last years Vuelta.

They are different circumstances but cycling is renowned for its unpredictability and even not considering crashes etc, Contador may not be on top form and 100 other scenarios could also occur.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:

They are different circumstances but cycling is renowned for its unpredictability and even not considering crashes etc, Contador may not be on top form and 100 other scenarios could also occur.

In the spirit of this thread, I will stick to my original statement though

Froome19 said:

since when does contador need to be in top form to win a GT? :eek:

the worst shape he has shown in a GT since 07 was still enough to win him the tour :p

Fetisoff said:

there is more than a 0.01 % chance that Contador can crash or something in which case it is wide open and anyone from Anton to jrod to de Gendt to maybe even a tdf guy like Evans, could win it.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
since when does contador need to be in top form to win a GT? :eek:

the worst shape he has shown in a GT since 07 was still enough to win him the tour :p

He doesnt, but his form after a lack of racing may be 99% strong enough to win, but there is still a 1% chance it wont be, unlike Fetissof implied.

Froome19 said:
He doesnt, but his form after a lack of racing may be 99% strong enough to win, but there is still a 1% chance it wont be, unlike Fetissof implied.

he will only stay away 6 months from racing and will have a week of race before then vuelta starts.

he said in a interview last month that he already reached a peak of form like he would usually do for a race in april which was when he beat his record up the climb he usually times himself and since the last record was from the week before the giro then we can only guess how strong he was.

i don't think he will have any problems getting into shape for the vuelta.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
he will only stay away 6 months from racing and will have a week of race before then vuelta starts.

he said in a interview last month that he already reached a peak of form like he would usually do for a race in april which was when he beat his record up the climb he usually times himself and since the last record was from the week before the giro then we can only guess how strong he was.

i don't think he will have any problems getting into shape for the vuelta.

Exactly, but if you can say anything which is a total certainty in cycling, then......

TRENDING THREADS