Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 934 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Well Froome puts out numbers comparable to his 2010 win that he won on the road so if you're gonna play that game Froome would have been 2010 TDF winner if he was good then. You underestimate his TDF win so much lol, did you watch 2012 by any chance when NIBALI was init. Froome destroyed him with the handbrake on. Don't give me the Nibali has improved crap either Froome does not lose to Nibali in the mountains it just don't happen. Contador and Froome>>> Nibali even last year Nibali was almost popped on stage 8 by Contador he was barely holiding on on 2 km climb. He would been toast in the mountains.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
That is a brave statement. No chance means 0%. Not even 0.000000000000001%. Right.
Who crashed on a wet downhill last year was it Froome? That great technical rider was so great he lost over 2 mins to Nibali on the cobbles LMAO. And crashed out of the TDF, extremely superiour. Ah well we should than Froome for making cycling interesting else you would probably be chearing for 11 12 GT wins, Not happening, enjoy:).
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
I dont like whatwas stated in that interview.I think he should conserve energy at giro not destroying opponents...we saw that in 2011,itbwas enough:D
 
TANK91 said:
Im not trolling because i will admit im wrong to label him terrible i know he is okay i seen the stage where Schleck gained time through good luck. So he is ok but you are so wrong, funny how Froome never got distanced on dowhills eh? If his bike handling sucked so much he would be like Thibaut Pinot. His bike handling skills are more than acceptable it is the rain i fear and so should you afterall Contador is the one who smashed himself up on a descent not Froome:(. Froome got took out by a OGE rider the day before the cobbles he then could barely hold the bike because of his wrist. We need to see Froome on the cobbles but especially on a dry day Froome will be fine. The Andy Schleck good luck really rpoves my point he is what you call a bad technical rider who many times was bad downhill, was he okay on the cobbles when it was dry? Yes he was. No chance Froome will lose time if it is dry barring mechanical.:)
Wasn't Froome distanced on the Andalusia stage 3 descent before the final climb or am I mistaken?
 
Contador is ok on the cobbles and we don't know about Froome. Something tells me he won't be good on it. He would probably end in the same group as the favourites did.

Tank91, you can't compare Froome with power time trialists like Cancellara. Froome is skinny and bounces all over the cobbles, where Cancellara carries a lot more weight which makes life easier on the cobbles.
Ofcourse Contador has that same problem, but Contador is also very good time trialist.

If the cobbles are dry this year I doubt Nibali will ride away like he did this year. I hope he will, but Nibali has cojones and is just a hard man of cycling. When the going gets though we can be sure Nibali is around.

Just like that notorious T-A stage a few years back in the rain. Where Froome cracked and Nibali and Sagan rode to the line together.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
TANK91 said:
Who crashed on a wet downhill last year was it Froome? That great technical rider was so great he lost over 2 mins to Nibali on the cobbles LMAO. And crashed out of the TDF, extremely superiour. Ahwell we should than Froome for making cycling interesting else you would probably be chearing for 11 12 GT wins, Not happening, enjoy:).


You Mr Tank asked "Who crashed on a wet downhill last year was it Froome? " I can tell you, it was Contador. Hope that helps.

Most of us know that Contador had a derailleur issue on the cobbles and he could not change gears. You obviously never knew this.

You said "Ah well we should than Froome for making cycling interesting else "

I say to you " hufffffnarrrr stealth banana tango bravo Contador angry jam/ tiny mouse in my headtube"

Point made.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
oh ghod

Oleg weighs in on the Giro-Tour attempt

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/tour-de-france/alberto-contador-will-win-giro-ditalia-and-tour-de-france-says-tinkov-159586

?I?m convinced he?s going to win unless something bad happens like in 2014 with a crash or a tactical mistake,? Tinkov explained.

?Everyone knows he can win, that?s why they are afraid of him and that?s why they don?t want to go to the Giro.?

:eek:
You dont agree with that...thats weird because thosr quotes look reasonable right imo.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
LaFlorecita said:
Regardless of whether I agree or not I think Tinkov should shut up every once in a while..
Why should he be quiet?

Some controversy isn't bad for cycling, people are already way too nice for each other, i doubt Contador cares.

And he's right, nibali ran away from him. I'm sure he would have done the giro if AC didn't do it. I don't know about Froome and Quintana.

But nibali knows he can't win a heads-up against Contador. In the tour it's different though, they are 4 main guys. Many things can happen then but in the giro nibali had no chance.
 
Jul 12, 2014
114
0
0
Miburo said:
Why should he be quiet?

Some controversy isn't bad for cycling, people are already way too nice for each other, i doubt Contador cares.

And he's right, nibali ran away from him. I'm sure he would have done the giro if AC didn't do it. I don't know about Froome and Quintana.

But nibali knows he can't win a heads-up against Contador. In the tour it's different though, they are 4 main guys. Many things can happen then but in the giro nibali had no chance.
how old are you ? 12 ?
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
2
0
Unlikely. 12 year olds tend to have no clue about the economics of sports. Cycling has a money problem, its die-hard fans should tolerate artificial controversy if it promises to attract more people to the sport. Characters like Tinkov are good for cycling.
 
Carols said:
I was a cycling fan for 20+ years before Alberto Contador was BORN. So stop insulting me please :).
This. Look at my profile name and pic. I have been following this sport since the early 1980s when Delgado/Fignon/Roche and LeMond came onto the scene and Hinault was still near the peak of his powers. I have had a soft spot for Spanish all around riders who are aggressive in the mountains. I became a Contador fan back when I first became a fan of him at Paris Nice in 2005 when he coming back from his brain aneurysm.
 
perico said:
This. Look at my profile name and pic. I have been following this sport since the early 1980s when Delgado/Fignon/Roche and LeMond came onto the scene and Hinault was still near the peak of his powers. I have had a soft spot for Spanish all around riders who are aggressive in the mountains. I became a Contador fan back when I first became a fan of him at Paris Nice in 2005 when he coming back from his brain aneurysm.
This sounds like my intro to cycling, minus the Perico avatar and forum name, although he was my favorite rider when I really started following the sport many moons ago. :)
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
BlurryVII said:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/entrevista-bc-contador-mi-motivacion-es-luchar-por-la-victoria-24-02-2015

Very, very interesting interview, he says a lot about this year, his form, his schedule, the way he tackles this season (much more relaxed than last year, only focused on Giro and Tour) and so on..

It's in spanish though
indeed good interview. I tried to read it with english translation. Ow boy, it's kinda not making sense.. google translation is horrible :D But at least I got the gist of it.
 
Oct 17, 2011
1,315
0
0
Miburo said:
What's wrong in talking smack? Since when is that bad for a sport?
It's a good thing. It creates a bit of controversy once in a while which is fun and draws attention to the sport.

The Lance Pantani beef during the 2000 tdf was pretty fun with the smack talk between the too and on the bike tactics against each other.
 
perico said:
This. Look at my profile name and pic. I have been following this sport since the early 1980s when Delgado/Fignon/Roche and LeMond came onto the scene and Hinault was still near the peak of his powers. I have had a soft spot for Spanish all around riders who are aggressive in the mountains. I became a Contador fan back when I first became a fan of him at Paris Nice in 2005 when he coming back from his brain aneurysm.
Those of us who have followed the sports for decades realize that riders of the caliber of Contador come around very infrequently.

Appreciate him while you can folks!
 
Carols said:
Those of us who have followed the sports for decades realize that riders of the caliber of Contador come around very infrequently.

Appreciate him while you can folks!
I will, after that, Vino Attacks Everyone can teach us all how to appreciate /hype some lesser riders, but don't tell him I said that:D
 
Red Rick said:
I will, after that, Vino Attacks Everyone can teach us all how to appreciate /hype some lesser riders, but don't tell him I said that:D
Which lesser riders have I every hyped??

Vino - Arguably the greatest rider of the 21th century
Kash - The biggest talent cycling has ever had.
Nibali - Vino's disciple. Winner of all gts, Destroyer the tour 14, where both the puny Froome and the over-hyped AC started.
Aru - Without a doubt the best climber since Pantani
Lutsenko - A future 5 times LBL winner

I can't see any "lesser" riders here...
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
Which lesser riders have I every hyped??

Vino - Arguably the greatest rider of the 21th century
Kash - The biggest talent cycling has ever had.
Nibali - Vino's disciple. Winner of all gts, Destroyer the tour 14, where both the puny Froome and the over-hyped AC started.
Aru - Without a doubt the best climber since Pantani
Lutsenko - A future 5 times LBL winner

I can't see any "lesser" riders here...
Here's what I loved about the forum when I was lurking. Little trolling, little insulting, just hyping.

;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY