• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 974 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

SyroboiII said:
LaFlorecita said:
SyroboiII said:
How is it even a a discussion that Froome will beat Contador in the Tour? Have you forgotten that cycling a team sport or at least a combination of team and individual sport. A clown (Oleg) who runs a fragile circus (Tinkoff) against a tactical strategist (Brailsford) with a close-knit unit (Sky).

As it is now, Froome will win 9/10 times. But if Contador got a team like Sky, he may have the edge.
Maybe because Contador is very tough mentally and is much more consistent than Froome? :eek: Tinkov is a clown but that does not mean the team and Contador will be ****.

Contador's team is not that great. Lots of random Danish guys, Sagan's little brother, Kolar, Poljanski, that other Australian guy that's not Rogers, old Italians, Tinkov's Russians.

Then take a lot at Team Sky. There is only stars at that team. At least 5 maybe 10 guys who can top 10 a GT. And at least a handful of riders who can top 10 a cobbled classic.

Please stop exaggerating. What are you on?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Eshnar said:
SyroboiII said:
How is it even a a discussion that Froome will beat Contador in the Tour? Have you forgotten that cycling a team sport or at least a combination of team and individual sport. A clown (Oleg) who runs a fragile circus (Tinkoff) against a tactical strategist (Brailsford) with a close-knit unit (Sky).

As it is now, Froome will win 9/10 times. But if Contador got a team like Sky, he may have the edge.
At least I can see the point of the rest, but the bolded... When was the last time Brailsford came up with anything that resembled an actual tactic?

He was able to put froome on a leash for a while, only a genius can do that.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

SyroboiII said:
Eshnar said:
SyroboiII said:
Eshnar said:
SyroboiII said:

At least I can see the point of the rest, but the bolded... When was the last time Brailsford came up with anything that resembled an actual tactic?

Riding like a train and controlling the peloton, marginal gains, extreme weight loss methods, super preparation, having the richest sponsor, taking the use of power meters to the next level.
The train stuff is from US postal dude. And the rest is called science, whatever that is, and money. Tactics, nope.
Raw power and financial advantages > tactics. I may be a cynic, but that's how things work.
and btw...this is how it works :eek:

SPTDW7051.jpg

edit: and also if you would have been there a bit longer,then my last avatar would explain you too ;)
edit 2: also hi to AC fans, Im finally fully back after my (working) break,again will post everyday :)

SyroboiII said:
Raw power and financial advantages > tactics. I may be a cynic, but that's how things work.
yeah... but that does not make Brailsford a tactician.

PS: Next time you make such a bold statement as "Porte (best GT result: 7th place in the 2010 Giro) is a better GT rider than Contador (who actually has won 6 GTs)" you could at least try to remark it as your humble opinion. So that maybe you get along with the other users here :eek:

Eshnar said:
SyroboiII said:
yeah... but that does not make Brailsford a tactician.

PS: Next time you make such a bold statement as "Porte (best GT result: 7th place in the 2010 Giro) is a better GT rider than Contador (who actually has won 6 GTs)" you could at least try to remark it as your humble opinion. So that maybe you get along with the other users here :eek:
Section-8-notice-during-AST.jpg

:p
JK :p

IMHO bookies won't be very good at all at judging cycling. There's not enough money changing hands to make it worthwhile investing a lot of time or effort in assessing odds.

Brailsford a master tactician. That had me crying. Almost as much as Porte being joint favourite for the Giro! What are CN on?
Still, shouldn't think Alberto will care that much about it. More pressure on Porte the better, methinks.

As for

Riding like a train and controlling the peloton, marginal gains, extreme weight loss methods, super preparation, having the richest sponsor, taking the use of power meters to the next level.

Gosh, that sounds like a team I can really get behind! What fun. :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

PS: Next time you make such a bold statement as "Porte (best GT result: 7th place in the 2010 Giro) is a better GT rider than Contador (who actually has won 6 GTs)" you could at least try to remark it as your humble opinion. So that maybe you get along with the other users here :eek:[/quote]

You should tell that to these guys from cyclingnews :eek:

And stop with the 6 GT, it's terrible. Yea officialy it is but in a discussion of who is a better GT rider they've to be taken into account, especially cause contador didn't lose them cause of doping so it's representative.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Electress said:
IMHO bookies won't be very good at all at judging cycling. There's not enough money changing hands to make it worthwhile investing a lot of time or effort in assessing odds.

Brailsford a master tactician. That had me crying. Almost as much as Porte being joint favourite for the Giro! What are CN on?
Still, shouldn't think Alberto will care that much about it. More pressure on Porte the better, methinks.

As for

Gosh, that sounds like a team I can really get behind! What fun. :rolleyes:
generally bookies have the same knowledge of cycling as we have.journous not.

btw that guy was trolling of course :)

Miburo said:

And stop with the 6 GT, it's terrible. Yea officialy it is but in a discussion of who is a better GT rider they've to be taken into account, especially cause contador didn't lose them cause of doping so it's representative.
Officially it's 6, so I say 6. There's no need to add anything else to compare it with a single top-10 anyway.

Miburo said:
PS: Next time you make such a bold statement as "Porte (best GT result: 7th place in the 2010 Giro) is a better GT rider than Contador (who actually has won 6 GTs)" you could at least try to remark it as your humble opinion. So that maybe you get along with the other users here :eek:[/quote]

Please, no. The least post's containing ''IMO'' or ''IMHO'', the better.

That is obviously implicit in one's statement, unless they finish it off with '', fact''.

Eshnar said:
Miburo said:

Officially it's 6, so I say 6. There's no need to add anything else to compare it with a single top-10 anyway.

Depends on how you phrase it. He won a GT 8 times, even though there's only 6 on his palmares. You can't make it unhappen

BigMac said:
Miburo said:

That is obviously implicit in one's statement, unless they finish it off with '', fact''.

I think it doesn't matter much really, its not nearly as annoying as people always excusing themselves for bad english, regardless of how bad it is

BigMac said:
Miburo said:

yes it is implicit, but it does help sometimes.

Red Rick said:
Eshnar said:
Miburo said:

Depends on how you phrase it. He won a GT 8 times, even though there's only 6 on his palmares. You can't make it unhappen

I always use 6 (8) or 'crossed the finish line first in 8'. Gives him the credit graciously IMHO :)

Carols said:
Red Rick said:
Eshnar said:
Miburo said:

I always use 6 (8) or 'crossed the finish line first in 8'. Gives him the credit graciously IMHO :)
Can also say "he won 8" or "stood on the highest podium step 8 times" :p

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
After seeing today's race, I think Porte is going to be real trouble for Contador at the Giro. Forget the double-tour wins in a year, I just hope Contador gets at least one.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
i hate this hype!!!!!!!!!!! who is richie? what he does in a gt? *** annoying... giro is in the bag for contador, and froome will be THE PROBLEM for contador's tour win

TRENDING THREADS