• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 298 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
No you can't, that name is preserved.

08-brailsford-gt.jpg

Uncle Fester has always sprung to mind ;)

The Hitch said:
Not Morgoth?

After Morgoth's defeat, his lieutenant Sauron gradually rallied many of Morgoth's servants to his own cause, and during the Second Age established himself in the land of Mordor. Sauron lacked the raw power and malice of his master, but he was far more cunning, and seduced many to his allegiance with lies and false promises. In the Second Age, Sauron repeatedly used his fame among Men as Morgoth's erstwhile lieutenant to portray himself as Morgoth's representative and thus gain the allegiance of his former master's worshippers. Similarly, in Númenor following his capture, Sauron became very powerful by seducing Ar-Pharazôn to the worship of Melkor, establishing a Cult in which it was only natural that, as Melkor's foremost former disciple, he became high priest.[9] This cult exploited the Númenórean fear of death by claiming that human sacrifice to Melkor would grant the Men of Númenor immortality. In actuality by turning away from Eru and the Valar they only dwindled more rapidly. Sauron used this religion among his means of encouraging Ar-Pharazôn's invasion of Valinor, which resulted in the destruction of Númenor by Eru. By the Third Age Sauron came more often to propound himself, rather than Morgoth, as the object of worship for his servants and subjects, but in his pride also portrayed himself as Morgoth returned when it was more convenient for him to do so.

You are right, Vino is MORgoth, and NIbali is Sauron

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
@jesushernandez3: A por Alpe D'Huez!@albertocontador @Roman86_K @nicholasroche Chris y yo viendo etapas del @letour.Esperemos que el tiempo nos respete!!Go!!

Alberto is in France for tdf stage recon with Roman, Nico, CAS and jesus

Nice to hear. Anyone know how his form is now and when he is racing next? Any posting of training anywhere. The last I heard was he relocated. I would imagine he is getting close to good form now.

Bexon30 said:
Nice to hear. Anyone know how his form is now and when he is racing next? Any posting of training anywhere. The last I heard was he relocated. I would imagine he is getting close to good form now.

Next race is the Dauphine, which is when we'll learn about his form (though he may hold his fire (won't want to go deep this close to the TdF))

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
Next race is the Dauphine, which is when we'll learn about his form (though he may hold his fire (won't want to go deep this close to the TdF))

That's good then not too long to wait. Are line ups confirmed?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Did he ever go deep in the Dauphine?

Not in 2009 but in 2010 i think maybe yea.

Anyway dauphine doesn't say that much, just don't get dropped by Froome. If he can achieve that it'll be really good.

Miburo said:
Not in 2009 but in 2010 i think maybe yea.

Anyway dauphine doesn't say that much, just don't get dropped by Froome. If he can achieve that it'll be really good.

I think you might be right about 2010--such an odd year in retrospect. Hopefully he is content to follow wheels and work on his TT. I would much rather him when the TdF than the Dauphine

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Red Rick said:
It seems like he tried in 2010, I agree he was just messing around in 2009 though:D

I just think that none of real Tour contenders goes deep at the Dauphine. They always have some reserve of shape left. Dauphine is for guys like Brajkovic or Moreau...The second echelone that can't win the Tour but can win the Dauphine.

Publicus said:
I think you might be right about 2010--such an odd year in retrospect. Hopefully he is content to follow wheels and work on his TT. I would much rather him when the TdF than the Dauphine

What does that mean?

I believe in Dauphiné, if he does't lose any time in the mountains and can attack Froome once or twice, and really put him in trouble, and limit his losses in the tt (~30s), it means he will be strong in tdf.

Nicholas Roche ‏@nicholasroche 2m
@albertocontador quick coffee before training. Hard day with alpes d huez reco*2... Lucky started to rain 1k from the top of last time up:)

Nicholas Roche ‏@nicholasroche 2m
@albertocontador ... Better with the foto attached :)

BK92mXBCUAE_MY-.jpg:large

:eek::eek: I love this team :)