• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 302 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
GJB123 said:
But the overall result of the attack was less than impressive gaining him absolutely nothing on Cobo.

If you handle that Froome move so partially, you should take into account how many times Contador put a significant time into overall contenders in GT in his career. It happened only twice at Verbier and Angliru

Naturally, Pena Cabarga was the most impressive mountain duel since Contador and Rasmussen at Peyresourde.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Cimber said:
According to a Danish newspaper it seems 5 guys are fighting for the last 2 spots: Mørkøv, Noval, Paulinho, Tosatto and Benatti.

The 7 who seem to have cashed in their tickets are: Bertie, Jesus, Nicki, Roche, Rogers, Kreuziger, and CAS

Paulinho is 100% on Le Tour lineup at the start, you can count on that.

airstream said:
If you handle that Froome move so partially, you should take into account how many times Contador put a significant time into overall contenders in GT in his career. It happened only at Verbier, Angliru, Etna, Grossglockner, Fuente De and all stages in Tour 2007 excluding Rasmussen

Naturally, Pena Cabarga was the most impressive mountain duel since Contador and Rasmussen at Peyresourde.

fixed your post

Cimber said:
According to a Danish newspaper it seems 5 guys are fighting for the last 2 spots: Mørkøv, Noval, Paulinho, Tosatto and Benatti.

The 7 who seem to have cashed in their tickets are: Bertie, Jesus, Nicki, Roche, Rogers, Kreuziger, and CAS

For TDF? I hope Tosatto and Paulinho. Bennati and Morkov would be handy for the TTT though.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
Since when Rujano is a GC rival to him?

And Valverde had no chance to beat him in GC as well

I'm saying not about threat, I'm saying about GC contenders. In both cases Valverde and Rujano were GC contenders. All the more so we discussed solo attack in which apparently the time over Froome is planned to gain.

Cimber said:

I thought Nicki wasn't riding the TdF? I seem to recall a cycling news article to that effect earlier this year.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Ye meant for the Tour

Bennati thinks he will be at the tour:

@Benna80: x me e'sicuramente stato un inizio di stagione molto difficile e faticoso,queste due settimane di #Giro saranno davvero importanti per..

@Benna80: .iniziare ad allenarmi bene in vista dei miei prox appuntamenti #Svizzera e @letour

If he has been "promised" a spot, I think Mørkøv or Tosatto will earn the last spot

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
I thought Nicki wasn't riding the TdF? I seem to recall a cycling news article to that effect earlier this year.

Ye that was the plan. That he would do the Giro instead. But after performing very will in the late spring they changed their minds and pulled him out of the Giro lineup cos they wanted him in the Tour

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd be disapointed if Mørkøv didn't get a spot, providing he has the form. On form he is hugely talented at getting in the right break... :)

Let's not forget that he is an Olympic Medalist in team pursuit, so obviously a clear contender for Yellow in Paris ;)

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yea, Hannah is really cool :) her enthusiasm is great

And apparently she makes delicious brownies :D All the riders want are brownies apparently

Maybe that explains why some of the riders keep falling of their bikes lately... :D

I'm more envious of her new instant ice cream machine, but at £2,500 it might be a while before I see one in my camper van... :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
I'd be disapointed if Mørkøv didn't get a spot, providing he has the form. On form he is hugely talented at getting in the right break... :)

Let's not forget that he is an Olympic Medalist in team pursuit, so obviously a clear contender for Yellow in Paris ;)

Yep, also hoping Morkov get's a spot, I greatly enjoyed him constantly getting into break after break in the 2012 Tour.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:

Tough choice between tossato, bennati, morkov, paulinho. Noval, not so much. He ate too much Hannah's brownies :D he is a little fatty fat fat :p

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:

There would be no breakaways for him this year. His job would be to keep Bertie safe and sound on flat stages.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Tough choice between tossato, bennati, morkov, paulinho. Noval, not so much. He ate too much Hannah's brownies :D he is a little fatty fat fat :p

It is very tough indeed.My pick is surely Morkov and for the last spot probably Paulinho or Tossato.Very tough.:confused:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I think Alberto definitely wants Tosatto on the team. In the 2011 Giro he was amazing. I don't know about Bennati. I guess if he gets a spot on the team it's because of the ttt.

Yea,he is better friend and very good guy,so thats maybe better for the atmosphere in the Tour team

I think Alberto wants Paulinho and Tosatto to take the last to spots, but let's be honest, does he really need Paulinho? He already has Hernandez, Kreuziger, Roche, CAS and Rogers as climbers. Only Nicki to protect him on the flat. If he gets caught behind a crash, he needs strong guys to help bring him back. So I guess it would be smart to take two of Bennati, Morkov and Tosatto to the Tour.

TRENDING THREADS