• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 358 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 24, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
me and taxus4a will easily find guys to talk without florecita, xray and sirius cat. but you have big troubles with skills of сilivized communication. you attempts to monopolize the thread with trash talk like 'don't talk to them' are laughable.

The fact that I use the same arguments is false. I use very different arguments. And discussion with I_Love_Cycling about Froome's and Contador's styles confirms it.

picture.php

STOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!

Enuff already!!

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
"@albertocontador: I've already the team that will accompany me to the Tour,very happy and proud of all of them,it's a pity that only 9can go, many deserve it."

"@albertocontador: They will be with me at the Tour Rogers,Kreuziger,Roche,Hernandez,Noval,Tosatto,Bennati&Paulinho.Guys,it will be tough but a beautiful July."

"@albertocontador: Today has been the last hard training, with a leg pain...!!!Now,to recover well,that on Saturday starts the Tour. #6daystogo #Tour"

"@albertocontador: Enhorabuena @MichaelMorkov ,nuevo campeon de Dinamarca.Congrats to my teammate @MichaelMorkov ,new champion of Denmark @teamsaxotinkoff"

Not really anything interesting :p

Thanks for that :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I think Contador might do something in this stage

galeria62457-004.jpg

According to gilbert the descent at the end is really technical so i think Contador is obliged to do something ;). Maybe together with voeckler, valverde, purito orso.

I don't see any reason besides hiding your true form for not doing it but Contador is not that kinda guy. Besides if by some miracle he has the yellow jersey there's a TTT next stage thus he'll most likely lose it and giving Froome a mental hit that early would be a great thing. Obviously i'm assuming Froome won't be able to follow :eek: The descent will be crucial.

And that's also a great thing about sky, it doesn't matter if they've the yellow jersey or not they'll always ride. They only have one game, they could play out Porte in a stage but i think they'll never ever do that. It's all about Froome.

Edit: I forgot Sagan of course. Contador needs to be with Sagan at the end of the climb and try and follow him in the descent.

Putting Froome on a constant pressure is advised imo. He might make a mistake, try and get him out of his comfort zone. He forgot to put on a jacket in T-A stage 6 for example. That stuff can make you lose the tour.

Miburo said:

galeria62457-004.jpg

According to gilbert the descent at the end is really technical so i think Contador is obliged to do something ;). Maybe together with voeckler, valverde, purito orso.

I don't see any reason besides hiding your true form for not doing it but Contador is not that kinda guy. Besides if by some miracle he has the yellow jersey there's a TTT next stage thus he'll most likely lose it and giving Froome a mental hit that early would be a great thing. Obviously i'm assuming Froome won't be able to follow :eek: The descent will be crucial.

And that's also a great thing about sky, it doesn't matter if they've the yellow jersey or not they'll always ride. They only have one game, they could play out Porte in a stage but i think they'll never ever do that. It's all about Froome.

I hope he will - that would be cool

Miburo said:

galeria62457-004.jpg

Edit: I forgot Sagan of course. Contador needs to be with Sagan at the end of the climb and try and follow him in the descent.

Putting Froome on a constant pressure is advised imo. He might make a mistake, try and get him out of his comfort zone. He forgot to put on a jacket in T-A stage 6 for example. That stuff can make you lose the tour.
Are Contador and the Spanish gc-guys good enough descenders to take a gap in a 5 km descent against a 30-40ish peloton? Seriously?

TRENDING THREADS