• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 361 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 10h
Organizando todo para el Tour,mirar a mi ayudante...Organizing everything for the Tour,have a look to my assistant...

BNowtULCUAAmXWo.jpg:large

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 10h
Organizando todo para el Tour,mirar a mi ayudante...Organizing everything for the Tour,have a look to my assistant...

BNowtULCUAAmXWo.jpg:large
Wow :eek: :eek: that's a lot of team kit :eek:. Must be less than 1 every 2 stages

Well Contador will be one of the most, if not the most, focused rider during the tour, so his kit has to be flawless everyday for his sponsors.

Also that pile has all type of gear for all type of weather, from rain and cold to extremely hot so its a pretty normal pile of gear imo.

Oh and isn't Tour playing with some sort of teddy bear?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Well Contador will be one of the most, if not the most, focused rider during the tour, so his kit has to be flawless everyday for his sponsors.

Also that pile has all type of gear for all type of weather, from rain and cold to extremely hot so its a pretty normal pile of gear imo.

Maybe it will play with a bunch of yellow lion teddies in a few weeks :D

Parrulo said:

I agree it's not like it's all jerseys and yes that is a teddy bear

Cimber said:
There is also a very interesting Contador interview with him in The Independent from yesterday:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...l-chris-froome-on-tour-de-france-8673812.html

Some quotes from it:

"Cycling is not all about mathematics," he says. "You have to see what your rivals are doing. Fortunately, we're not machines and circumstances inside a race can change so fast. This sport isn't one that you can control as easily as others. This Tour, in particular, could continue to be wide-open right up until the final mountain top finish at Annecy on the second last day."[/I]

Very interesting article and yes the man will never lay down arms and cycling isn't all about numbers in the end, it's about desire and passion and guts :)

I found this especially interesting:
The Saxo-Tinkoff leader says he's not too worried. "I would split my season into two parts," Contador says, "in the first part, aiming for my first peak of form, things didn't really work out as I wanted, although it's also true that I planned things out differently to other years, and with a much stronger team I was no longer under such pressure to win.

So he tried a different way to achieve his first peak; it didn't work. We can only hope the second peak attempt works well. If so this could be a grand, well fought nail biting battle :D

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No I mean how does he know Alberto is weaker.

He doesn't, he thinks he does because they were on the same team for a few season, but that doesn't count for much. Only Alberto's form is weaker (i.e. he was only ~75% according to himself), not his possible abilities i.e. producing another verbier or etna

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No I mean how does he know Alberto is weaker.

Oh I know. Just saying his form was impressive at the Dauphine where I didn't expect him to be anywhere near as good as he was.

Reading today Hernandez said here he was been looking good in training. I go more on what he says than anything Navarro said.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Interview with Kreuziger today, I must say. they sounds very determined and well prepared for this. The more I hear, the more I think AC been sand bagging and playing the underdog. The last 2 days he sounded nothing like it.

Team Saxo-Tinkoff's 27 year-old Roman Kreuziger made an early statement that he was a rider for the future when he won the junior World Championships in 2004. Since then, the Czech all-rounder has won Tour de Suisse in 2008 and Tour de Romandie in 2009. Two times, he has been in the Tour de France top-10 and in 2011, he finished fifth in the Giro d'Italia. Wearing the Team Saxo-Tinkoff jersey, he launched away in the finale of this year's Amstel Gold Race and soloed his way to a perfect win in the Dutch one-day classic. Confirming his form finishing third overall in this year's Tour de Suisse, Roman is looking sharp and ready for this year's Tour de France, which will be his 5th:

“ Every Tour de France is different and every time, I'm really excited to take part in the race. However, this year is a little bit different for me. In my opinion, we have the best Grand Tour rider in the world and I'm so ready to support Alberto. My most important support will be executed in the mountains but I assume I can do some good in the team time trial as well,” says Roman and continues:

“We have a very strong team but we're up against a longer list of rivals.
Everyone's talking about Froome, Valverde and Rodriguez. But if you look the start list there are many other very strong competitors such as Jakob Fuglsang, Cadel Evans, Tejay van Garderen and Richie Porte.”

Being a strong enough rider to aim for a good position in the GC himself, Roman is unselfishly looking forward to filling out the role as a supportive climber to support Alberto Contador in the high mountains:

“The objective is perfectly clear. We want win the Tour with Alberto. That´s the goal for our team. We have three long and very hard weeks ahead of us. My own personal ambition is no other than the team's ambition. Every one of us in the team are motived and focused to give our very best in the 100th Tour de France.”

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Cimber said:
Oh dont fool yourself. The speculations will keep on growing until the first MTF :D

I think they will continue possibly until the final week at ventoux/alpe d'huez. I can't see Ax-3 as being difficult enough to create massive time gaps and i'm not sure about the stage into Bagnerres de Bigorre being extremely decisive either with sky's tactics likely to cause a monotonous tempo.

Alberto says:
“I do want to be one of the people who make it an interesting, spectacular race,” he told the Independent.

“Compared to the last time I did the Tour I'm starting it feeling more rested, very, very motivated, with the route checked out much more thoroughly and with a team that is way stronger.”

So says Mick:
“Personally, a victory by Alberto in the 2013 Tour de France would be a huge thrill and feeling of achievement,” Rogers said. “When you see how much passion and belief Alberto has day in and day out in what he is doing, it's impossible to not feel emotional. Like all great leaders he brings the best out of his team and I can't wait to get things going.”

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...-team-that-is-way-stronger.aspx#ixzz2XKZvLRE4

Bring it On Boys!!!

TRENDING THREADS