• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 520 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
I understand the rest of your point but he had rode Andalucia/ Murcia before that, so two stage races. Porte in contrast had only rode the Tour of Oman and i know Quintana rode well at P-N on the climbs, but Porte was superb there.

its no even comparable, Murcia was "1 day classic" and Andaluzia competion is rarely good

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I read on twitter that Alberto's brother said in an interview with Spanish radio that Alberto will retire in 1 or 2 years. :eek: :(

so rumors about Alonso team is really just rumors then.

If it's true, I don't blame him to retire that early. I see him having a hard time to motivate himself these days. Wasn't he so devastated when he was handed his ban? (remember reading it somewhere that the hardest part for him was watching his mom cried all the time). Well, I don't blame him. I would too, same thing like working in a office, you are a rockstar and your career shoots up like a rocket and suddenly you're being demoted. That's hard for anyone to swallow.

Also, I notice that he is very busy with his cycling project these days. That's kinda a tell that his mind isn't even solely about racing and winning. I remembered on one of his interview when he got back, he said there is a life too outside cycling. So some where, some what he has changed mentally.

Well, I hope he will have a great year this year. Just one more time.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
so rumors about Alonso team is really just rumors then.

If it's true, I don't blame him to retire that early. I see him having a hard time to motivate himself these days. Wasn't he so devastated when he was handed his ban? (remember reading it somewhere that the hardest part for him was watching his mom cried all the time). Well, I don't blame him. I would too, same thing like working in a office, you are a rockstar and your career shoots up like a rocket and suddenly you're being demoted. That's hard for anyone to swallow.

Also, I notice that he is very busy with his cycling project these days. That's kinda a tell that his mind isn't even solely about racing and winning. I remembered on one of his interview when he got back, he said there is a life too outside cycling. So some where, some what he has changed mentally.

Well, I hope he will have a great year this year. Just one more time.

Cycling projects and charity work are great smokescreens and great for PR after doping bans. He wants to win bad and will give 100% this year.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Can't afford to lose 4 weeks. I need to be able to support Tommeke with an avatar from e3 to P-R.

How about just a week?

ok 1 week is no big deal, I dont need odds then.

bring it on :D

(in before he gets beaten by Ritchie and the thread goes into depression)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
arvc40 said:
Cycling projects and charity work are great smokescreens and great for PR after doping bans. He wants to win bad and will give 100% this year.

well don't be too skeptical. Not everything is bad thing you know. None of us know how he felt after the ban. We all know bad experience can change a person.

nonetheless, next Wednesday, he got his chances to try to win T-A. Froomey isn't riding due to bad back. Quintana is leading moviestar. Porte and Wiggins team up for the sky. So should be interesting. If Berti can win it, it's a huge boost to his confidence.

TRENDING THREADS