• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 552 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
What exactly is it you don't agree with?

PS If he rides a great TT he has a big chance of course. But Valverde, Tejay and Kwiatkowski will be hard to beat.

Flo, i agree with you about Valverde. But Kwiat, seriously?

Come on, even i as a neutral guy knows Contador is going to destroy Kwiat:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No panic here dude:p

but it would suck to see Contador lose vs Valverde, I don't like him

whut,you dont like Alejandro:D:D

Hard to say if Alberto wins PV, these climbs are not too difficult so it will be difficult to drop Valverde.
Is quintana scheduled to ride PV?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
The Valverde 2014 is just a beast, who attacks because he likes it. Contador won TA in fine style, but PV isn't really comparable. I don't think Contador is better than Valverde at this point. And so there is no reason to think Contador is going to win from Piti.

nahh.. i have to disagree. Contador likes to attacks too. I think Purito is a little bit harder to drop than valverde. Besides, Contador was tired after TA. But still manages 2nd place at Catalunya. Yeah, valverde is flying now. But Contador still has the edge when it comes to the mountain compare to valverde. I think, Contador wants to win PV (so close at Catalunya), so he can wrap up his first half of his season with another win.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Only 1 MTF where the gaps will be small, a couple of downhill finishes and a 26km hilly TT. The race will be almost entirely decided in the TT. And I don't trust Contador's time trial skills anymore.

it's hilly TT. He has a chance. if it's pancake flat.. he got no chance :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
He is ready for PV (he mentioned his "S" word). He could have won Catalunya if he wouldn't have messed up I guess...:p

alberto said:
“The balance is pretty good. I have felt well all around and had good sensations. Maybe I've lacked a stage with a different finish and it's a pity that I have not taken better advantage of the mountain stages, especially Vallter 2000.

“I have a few regrets after Vallter 2000, because maybe I could have insisted more. I think that I had the legs for the stage and could have tried something more for the overall, but tactically there are times you play it one way and in another way in other situations.

Jspear said:
Yep he is at the top. If he does well at both the Tour and Vuelta, he should be pretty high up there at the end of the year as well. Who knows, maybe he'll be able to win the WT points competition.

Contador as WT champ(2014) is not at all unlikely, but as always it'll be hard to top Valverde and Jrod because they score points in classics and stages races all year. I just hope it'll be decided after Lombardia so we don't see Contador and Jrod battle for the WorldTour in Beijing.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Peter von said:
Contador as WT champ(2014) is not at all unlikely, but as always it'll be hard to top Valverde and Jrod because they score points in classics and stages races all year. I just hope it'll be decided after Lombardia so we don't see Contador and Jrod battle for the WorldTour in Beijing.

lol,that would be utter ridiculous:D

TRENDING THREADS