• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 636 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 24, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
hopefuly this man wont remain in this business for too long:eek:

Will is one of the better Journo's, he's maybe right, I didn't see much of it so can't say for sure. Not saying he's right but I personally don't have evidence to question him

May 24, 2010
Visit site
murali said:
no wonder he wrote such an article.

He claims Bertie is not flamboyant. then he claims that Froome lost because of crash. Rogers is a Sky product. For him, AC is copying Sky's "novel" training technique; trying to imply that even if AC wins(which he is not willing to admit), the success is due to the Sky's technique and not to AC's abilities.

In short, the author is biased.
One thing that has come out is tht DB is worried abt stage 5. so thts one stage where tactics will come to play. with a little bit of help from the OPQS guys, AC should be able to distance a few opponents ;) in tht stage

he's writing news stories for a British Newspaper of course it's biased if he doesn't write that crap he doesn't get paid... go read some of his bios, great books Coppi especially

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
Will is one of the better Journo's, he's maybe right, I didn't see much of it so can't say for sure. Not saying he's right but I personally don't have evidence to question him

maybe he writes good books,but he hasnt got a clue about present pro-peloton;)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
Setting aside that point, I think the article is actually pretty decent overall.

I agree. I didn't see anything that's too off. I just read the article as a different Contador's answer compare to last year. Last year he kept talking about how the tour was a clean slate, everyone started 0 again so Dauphine was different race and really not an indication of TDF winner. He kept reiterating that he was going to be good at the start of the tour. And we all know, he talked hype but shooting blank last year. This year, his comment is more about respect to Froome. And not once (at least in articles that I have read so far) he made a proclamation about his form. He is very modest with his interview so far and I hope that this is just him downplaying what he can actually deliver.

Let the game begins..

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I tweeted the author, and he was aware that Kreuziger worked for Contador, but said he didn't feel like he completely sacrificed himself for AC.

What a dumbass, cycling journalists are really the worst.

murali said:
One thing that has come out is tht DB is worried abt stage 5. so thts one stage where tactics will come to play. with a little bit of help from the OPQS guys, AC should be able to distance a few opponents ;) in tht stage

Contador has just as much chance of losing time on stage 5 as Froome or the other GC guys, Contador is obviously more adaptable tactically however Froome has Eisel and Thomas who are both top 10-20 PR riders. I would say most GC guys will be very nervous about the cobbles as their Tour could be over on that stage.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Contador has just as much chance of losing time on stage 5 as Froome or the other GC guys, Contador is obviously more adaptable tactically however Froome has Eisel and Thomas who are both top 10-20 PR riders. I would say most GC guys will be very nervous about the cobbles as their Tour could be over on that stage.

All GC riders will be worried about stage 5. It isn't an opportunity to make time only lose it, and that will be determined on luck, the tactic for the best luck is get to the front.
One tactic might be ignore your team and try to take the wheel of a likely stage winner, Cancellara, Terpstra or Van Marcke(?). You know they'll be well placed and if they lose a little ground they can make it up.

karlboss said:
All GC riders will be worried about stage 5. It isn't an opportunity to make time only lose it, and that will be determined on luck, the tactic for the best luck is get to the front.
One tactic might be ignore your team and try to take the wheel of a likely stage winner, Cancellara, Terpstra or Van Marcke(?). You know they'll be well placed and if they lose a little ground they can make it up.

Completely agree with this, If I was a GC rider id just be focusing on having a few teammates around me, also to be close to Cancellara or the OPQS team who will obviously make this stage very hard to get a win. If it's raced hard they will have to really bury themselves on that stage but it could be worth it, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of the GC guys lost a couple of minutes at least.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The new Tour-jersey. Neon-yellow. I hope they will change the bikes to match too.

Matt Stephens‏@RealStephens·2 mins
First look at the new @tinkoff_saxo kit as worn by @olegtinkov himself...

Brm-yEfIQAAdsUg.jpg

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Not long now till the big battle. I was just thinking imagine no Froome, Contador would have returned and would dominate so just proves he is best of his generation, but is also testament to Froome as even Contador says he as never followed anyone stronger. This could be huge few years for both guy's legacy, Contador has already proven his but im sure he would not like to be beaten again by Froome and vice versa with Froome he wont like to lose either. But this will be a big battle for a few years i think.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty good,but I hope Alberto will race in all maillot jaune with shorts,cuz this 'yellow' doesnt match with tour yellow;)

Bikes should be changed too,but I doubt it.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Kit is ok.

Anyway in the 2 next months Contador can upgrade his status tremendously.

Winning the tour and possibly the vuelta. If he could do that, he makes a serious claim to be the best rider of the last 15 years.

TRENDING THREADS