• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 635 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I really liked the way AC put it:
It’s going to be difficult to beat him, but nobody’s unbeatable. That’s what they said about me, too.

and this:

I felt a bit odd when our team went up on the [2013] Tour podium as winners of the best team award.

It seemed as if the team classification win was more humiliating to him than not winning the tour.

i think AC talked abt Wiggo not being included to tell Froome that he doesnt hav the best team with him.

I still feel that in the battle of minds, AC has won by just following the wheels of CF in CD.

Any news abt the team jersey yet? I think yellow suits them better than any other color ;)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Alberto Contador‏@albertocontador·8 mins 
Hoy toco reconocimiento del pave de la etapa 5 del @letour .Buen entrenamiento! @tinkoff_saxo #3dias #Tour

Brig4n_IMAAdLCS.jpg

He looks super lean, but not emaciated. It's been a while since he's looked like this (2009 comes to mind).

EDIT: I never noticed it before today, but he has his logo (stylized hands doing the pistol shot) on the fronts of his shoes. I wonder if this is a new thing for the Tour....

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Alberto Contador‏@albertocontador·8 mins 
Hoy toco reconocimiento del pave de la etapa 5 del @letour .Buen entrenamiento! @tinkoff_saxo #3dias #Tour

Brig4n_IMAAdLCS.jpg

darrrnn.. he keeps training and training. Btw thanks for the pic of oleg jets and TS boys. They seemed to be happy. Did Majka look happy?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
no long legs girls? what a sad private jet, oleg

absolutely right!

i told you, i hate this guy ;)

on second thought, i think i will forgive him this time. he's having those two KGB-ish guys protecting the team in a luxury jet ;)

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I tweeted the author, and he was aware that Kreuziger worked for Contador, but said he didn't feel like he completely sacrificed himself for AC.

no wonder he wrote such an article.

He claims Bertie is not flamboyant. then he claims that Froome lost because of crash. Rogers is a Sky product. For him, AC is copying Sky's "novel" training technique; trying to imply that even if AC wins(which he is not willing to admit), the success is due to the Sky's technique and not to AC's abilities.

In short, the author is biased.
One thing that has come out is tht DB is worried abt stage 5. so thts one stage where tactics will come to play. with a little bit of help from the OPQS guys, AC should be able to distance a few opponents ;) in tht stage

TRENDING THREADS