• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 638 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't decide if Nibali's or Tinkoff's are worse, would've preferred something along the lines of this if they're going to go green:

Alberto+Contador+Criterium+du+Dauphine+Stage+P-2Y0usaCUDl.jpg

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It's not green, it's fluo yellow. I could have told you ages ago Tinkov was never going to give up yellow in his team's jersey. Why would he choose green?

With the new kits, depending on the lighting in some photos they appear quite green to me, others nearly yellow.

The kits from last year had some yellow, but much less yellow didn't they? I am not a fan of neon and this color is unusual. I'm interested to see how they match other things, bicycle, helmet and glasses.

Last years I like, maybe not good if they are superstitious though.
TFdJpgr.jpg

Sciocco said:
With the new kits, depending on the lighting in some photos they appear quite green to me, others nearly yellow.

The kits from last year had some yellow, but much less yellow didn't they? I am not a fan of neon and this color is unusual. I'm interested to see how they match other things, bicycle, helmet and glasses.

Last years I like, maybe not good if they are superstitious though.
TFdJpgr.jpg

I am afraid they won't match their bikes with the new jersey. It looks ugly together, and it will be even worse if Contador gets yellow.

And regarding last year's jersey, do you really think Tinkov would like to go back to the jersey with the Saxo color most prominent? :)

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I am afraid they won't match their bikes with the new jersey. It looks ugly together, and it will be even worse if Contador gets yellow.

And regarding last year's jersey, do you really think Tinkov would like to go back to the jersey with the Saxo color most prominent? :)

I have to agree with you on that. I am hoping Contador gets a jersey ASAP(Nibali too), though I can imagine him wanting to wait to go for the yellow.

I'm sure he wouldn't, but it has yellow and was allowed by the ASO.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
No Russians on the Tour team. Also-

TeamYorkshire-642x428.jpg

I quite like this. Will be very visible on TV, even in rain or fog, or from the helicopter. Therefore it will serve its purpose well.

Interesting that Oleg has put the Russian flag and lettering on the kit. Cheeky little political touch to reward ASO for making him change his kit?

Wish they had helmets and bikes to match. I liked the previous kits too, but now seeing the two yellows together, the Tinkoff school bus yellow looks a bit dated.

IMO of course.
:D

Sciocco said:
I have to agree with you on that. I am hoping Contador gets a jersey ASAP(Nibali too), though I can imagine him wanting to wait to go for the yellow.

I'm sure he wouldn't, but it has yellow and was allowed by the ASO.

I actually meant that if he's wearing the yellow jersey, it'll be an even more hideous sight ;) Tinkoff yellow bikes and helmet + Fluo yellow shorts + Tour yellow jersey.

It's almost enough to make me wish he does NOT get to wear the yellow jersey :eek:

Beech Mtn said:
I quite like this. Will be very visible on TV, even in rain or fog, or from the helicopter. Therefore it will serve its purpose well.

Interesting that Oleg has put the Russian flag and lettering on the kit. Cheeky little political touch to reward ASO for making him change his kit?

Wish they had helmets and bikes to match. I liked the previous kits too, but now seeing the two yellows together, the Tinkoff school bus yellow looks a bit dated.

IMO of course.
:D

I like the old jerseys a lot better but I agree that it looks a little bland compared to these new ones.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I actually meant that if he's wearing the yellow jersey, it'll be an even more hideous sight ;) Tinkoff yellow bikes and helmet + Fluo yellow shorts + Tour yellow jersey.

It's almost enough to make me wish he does NOT get to wear the yellow jersey :eek:

Surely he would change his shorts... I hope.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He hasn't done that this year.... And in 2011 and 2012 he only got some small colored accents on his shorts to match Giro pink and Vuelta red.

Maybe Contador should grab the KotM jersey... normal Tinkoff helmet and bicycle, fluo shorts and polka dot jersey.

TRENDING THREADS