• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 637 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Vomit green trying to pass itself off as yellow but not yellow and be highlighter at the same time. No thanks, don't like it. Doesn't look a thing like the highlighters either IMO.

I just hope Contador get's yellow early so he doesn't have to wear that. And pray to god they give him yellow shorts too, as that green will look horrendous with the yellow jersey.

Afrank said:
Vomit green trying to pass itself off as yellow but not yellow and be highlighter at the same time. No thanks, don't like it. Doesn't look a thing like the highlighters either IMO.

I just hope Contador get's yellow early so he doesn't have to wear that. And pray to god they give him yellow shorts too, as that green will look horrendous with the yellow jersey.

It's not green, it's fluo yellow :p

I quite like it although I prefer the normal jersey.

I think it looks better than the yellow jersey:eek:

Oh, and if your vomit looks like that, better see a doctor :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It's not green, it's fluo yellow :p

I quite like it although I prefer the normal jersey.

I think it looks better than the yellow jersey:eek:

Oh, and if your vomit looks like that, better see a doctor

This, is fluo yellow
Neri-Sottoli-Yellow-Fluo-2014-Cipollini-Bond.jpg

This, is a faint fluo green/yellow that tries to pass itself off as entirely yellow.
BrnCvelCMAEyAs3.jpg

Maybe I've just gotten to use to their usual yellow. It really was one of the best kits in the peloton.

Afrank said:
This, is fluo yellow
Neri-Sottoli-Yellow-Fluo-2014-Cipollini-Bond.jpg

This, is a faint fluo green/yellow that tries to pass itself off as entirely yellow.
BrnCvelCMAEyAs3.jpg

Maybe I've just gotten to use to their usual yellow. It really was one of the best kits in the peloton.

I don't really see the difference to be honest. The Tinkoff fluo yellow might have a touch more green in it - but who cares. It reminds me of the color of a tennis ball, which I guess some people might call green.

Anyway, I agree that compared to the original jersey this one is ****, especially combined with the 'old' helmets and bikes. I think it'll look good on TV though and especially in the sun.

And I think it'll look better when they're wearing tighter jerseys too :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Looks a little better in this pic. Perhaps just the sun in those other pics making it look brighter then it actually is. Hard to tell sometimes with Fluo. Maybe it will grow on me.

saxo_zps8f96f5fe.png

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
whether you call yellow or fluo or green or tennis ball, this jersey succks!!

Why cant oleg pay some real money to real designers? Even a high school kid will do better than this design.

The only good thing abt this jersey is tht no one else will go for this sh**ty color. So even if watching in a bad stream, we can always spot the saxo riders.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I hate the new colors. remind me of those neon color of Danile di luca team. I hope this is just for TDF. The yellow looks nicer than this greenish neon color.

Btw, the flag behind the back of the jersey might be the flag for each rider nations. So if it's russian flag who's russian?:D morkov?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I hate the new colors. remind me of those neon color of Danile di luca team. I hope this is just for TDF. The yellow looks nicer than this greenish neon color.

Btw, the flag behind the back of the jersey might be the flag for each rider nations. So if it's russian flag who's russian?:D morkov?

No Russians on the Tour team. Also-

TeamYorkshire-642x428.jpg

TRENDING THREADS