• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 696 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My spanish is non-existent and this isn't a format that i run it through google translate

BsmlZ-zCAAA3EUe.jpg

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Futuroscope said:
They should postpone the Vuelta so Contador can recover.

Even without AC this vuelta has a lot of potential but the form of many contenders will be questionable.

How will piti, purito and quintana their form be?

The only one i'm sure that'll be 100% is Froome.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Even without AC this vuelta has a lot of potential but the form of many contenders will be questionable.

How will piti, purito and quintana their form be?

The only one i'm sure that'll be 100% is Froome.

I think Quintana will be strong but still a step below his Giro form. Usually second peak is lower than the first. Next year he will be a monster though.

Rodriguez, difficult to say. I think he will be weaker than previous years.

I don't think Valverde will be a factor in the Vuelta.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
You learn a lot from just trying to read articles and listen to interviews ;)
thats impressive:),to learn a language from interviews etc,your will is big too!
(at least I dont think dutch is similar to spanish...actually to anything tbh:D)
Publicus said:
My spanish is non-existent and this isn't a format that i run it through google translate

BsmlZ-zCAAA3EUe.jpg
There is interesting part about that fracture where doctor says that the fracture is in a place (outside position) which is not 'weight-bearing' (dont know how to say in english).The bone (fibia) is without other problem and skin is pretty good too.

Today, Alberto Contador said goodbye to his teammates during breakfast and went to the Clinica Centro Hospital in Madrid with high hopes of a quick recovery – fast enough to participate in the Vuelta a España, although everyone in the Tinkoff-Saxo team are aware of how hard it will be to become fully competitive in just 40 days.

After thorough examination, the medical staff at the hospital with speciality in this kind of injury came up with this conclusion:

“The doctor told me that surgery would increase the trauma the knee has suffered and will delay the recovery time even further so I’m not undergoing surgery. The good news is that I have no tendon or ligament injured and the fissure is in the best possible place. I’m homebound for minimum two weeks and, until the wounds heal, the leg has to be immobilized”, said Alberto Contador after leaving the hospital in Madrid and added:

“Doctors have told me it will be almost impossible to become ready for the Vuelta but we’ll see how the recovery develops. I’m calm because the doctors gave me the worst case scenario but I will work hard in the coming weeks and we’ll see how far I can get”, said the leader of Tinkoff-Saxo.

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/contador-avoids-surgery/

ILovecycling said:
There is interesting part about that fracture where doctor says that the fracture is in a place (outside position) which is not 'weight-bearing' (dont know how to say in english).The bone (fibia) is without other problem and skin is pretty good too.

Yes very good news. Also that once the swelling decreases, they'll start moving the knee:)

Dr. Leyes needs to brush up his Spanish:
“Estar en La Vuelta a España es difícil pero no imposible, algo que sí pasaría si le hubiéramos intervenido, dado el poco margen de recuperación que esto supone”

To be at La Vuelta is difficult but not impossible, something that would happen if we had operated on him. given the short recovery margin that this supposes"

First part is clear, but the conditional part undergoing surgery would have prevented OR helped him to start La Vuelta?
Because I'm reading different accounts on the outcome of the surgery: On this thread it has been said that surgery makes it faster for the short term but no very good in the long run.
On El Mundo it has been explained that the surgery required 6-8 weeks bearing no weight.

Anyway the conditional sentence fails to express it clearly, as "something" is not previously well defined (it could be "To be at la Vuelta" or "impossible")

“Doctors have told me it will be almost impossible to become ready for the Vuelta but we’ll see how the recovery develops. I’m calm because the doctors gave me the worst case scenario but I will work hard in the coming weeks and we’ll see how far I can get”, said the leader of Tinkoff-Saxo.

Like a boss. Grande Alberto! Heart of a warrior.

This crash made me understand that much of my passion for cycling depends on Contador. There are other riders I like but this year I was mainly looking forward to see Contador back in top shape in the big stage of the Tour. Everything was looking bright with his great early season and then this crash really made me sad :(
I wonder if when Contador (in 2047:p) retires I will have much more free time to do something else rather than spend it following cycling.

what do you all think, will he race le tour next year?i think he will go for il giro and then he will see if he can go in france too. this race gave him a lot of course but also many times was cruel to him

and by the way i don't think he should force himself to ride la vuelta just because he announced it since last year. better take care and have a slow full recovery

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
slosada said:
Dr. Leyes needs to brush up his Spanish:

To be at La Vuelta is difficult but not impossible, something that would happen if we had operated on him. given the short recovery margin that this supposes"

First part is clear, but the conditional part undergoing surgery would have prevented OR helped him to start La Vuelta?
Because I'm reading different accounts on the outcome of the surgery: On this thread it has been said that surgery makes it faster for the short term but no very good in the long run.
On El Mundo it has been explained that the surgery required 6-8 weeks bearing no weight.

Anyway the conditional sentence fails to express it clearly, as "something" is not previously well defined (it could be "To be at la Vuelta" or "impossible")
his spanish is ..meh:eek:,is he vasco,gallego or what?:rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand this part.
Tinkoff-Saxo Team said:
I&#8217]two weeks[/U] and, until the wounds heal, the leg has to be immobilized”, said Alberto Contador after leaving the hospital in Madrid and added:

“Doctors have told me it will be almost impossible to become ready for the Vuelta but we’ll see how the recovery develops.
How is this impossible then?Vuelta is 5 and half weeks away.If he won't touch a bike in 2 weeks he still will have 3 and half weeks (so almost a month) to get in shape - of course not 100%,but still.

ILovecycling said:
I dont understand this part.

How is this impossible then?Vuelta is 5 and half weeks away.If he won't touch a bike in 2 weeks he still will have 3 and half weeks (so almost a month) to get in shape - of course not 100%,but still.

He will probably have to build up his training slowly, after those two weeks they'll start moving it, but that doesn't mean he can immediately use it properly, and most importantly, without pain.

TRENDING THREADS