• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 697 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jens_attacks said:
what do you all think, will he race le tour next year?i think he will go for il giro and then he will see if he can go in france too. this race gave him a lot of course but also many times was cruel to him

and by the way i don't think he should force himself to ride la vuelta just because he announced it since last year. better take care and have a slow full recovery

I agree on all points jens

I really don't understand why there is all this conspiracy theory about Contador's crash

It is as Nico says and he was riding behind him....Initial reports were mixed up
One thing about Roche ...he is very honest..so I believe him

One crash...Roche stops with Contador and tried to put him back on his own bike after Contador's was broken in crash...Contadors second bike was broken in team car interaction..We see the McClaren lying by the road when team car arrives..its possible Contador rode the McClaren for a bit until car arrived
Nico appeared on TV by himself standig by the road waving for the team car. Later is just beyond having got a bike from the car and is waiting for Contador

JvdB & Fuglsang may be commenting because they may be fed up of Tinkoff Saxo bossing the peloton ,hogging the front of the race & riding fast to the front in order to do this ...they may see this a dangerous while TCS do not...It was just an accident ...simple

Anyway the most poignant piece o the article was that TCS were not planning to win yesterday ...they were planning to put Contador in yellow

We were all confident that our team leader Alberto Contador would be very close to taking the yellow jersey of race leader at the end of the stage

He (they ) must have been very confident he could take Nibali
I thought he would definitely be in yellow by close of play on Saturday at the latest

He was the strongest in the race with the strongest team

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He will probably have to build up his training slowly, after those two weeks they'll start moving it, but that doesn't mean he can immediately use it properly, and most importantly, without pain.
You are right.It will depend on his body,how fast it will be.Like somebody said here,he should get TUE.
Fortunately from my experience,after healing period it should never hurt again:).

jens_attacks said:
what do you all think, will he race le tour next year?

Yes :cool:

i think he will go for il giro and then he will see if he can go in france too. this race gave him a lot of course but also many times was cruel to him

I think they ultimately realises this was a tragic racing incident. That this sort off stuff are a possibility in every race and that the risks are there despite where you race. I'm pretty sure Tinkov and the boys wants a 100% fit AC back in France.

Though, he'll think twice next time he stretches after a energy bar. :)

and by the way i don't think he should force himself to ride la vuelta just because he announced it since last year. better take care and have a slow full recovery

I'm positive they have it under control. The examination gave some good answers.

thehook said:
As a huge Conta fan. I'm gutted/sad to see those photos. Dude was going to dynamite this tour! And he knows it. He was going to give the fans what they have been waiting for. Alot of hard work and this is how it goes. Dam!

But as AC fans. What I think he would want us to do. Is conduct ourselves with the same class he does. No need to bash Nibs or who ever else wins this tour. We tip our hat to them and come back stronger. As AC did after last years tour.
IMHO

I will still watch the tour because I love the sport. But it has lost a lot to me.

There are some people I could see myself getting ugly about had they been the benficiary of the crash, but I really have no feelings towards Nibali one way or the other.

jens_attacks said:
what do you all think, will he race le tour next year?i think he will go for il giro and then he will see if he can go in france too. this race gave him a lot of course but also many times was cruel to him

The second stage next year (echelons stage) will probably be a crashfest, so I hope he rides the Giro.

trevim said:
This crash made me understand that much of my passion for cycling depends on Contador. There are other riders I like but this year I was mainly looking forward to see Contador back in top shape in the big stage of the Tour. Everything was looking bright with his great early season and then this crash really made me sad :(
I wonder if when Contador (in 2047:p) retires I will have much more free time to do something else rather than spend it following cycling.

Yeah, I feel the same way, although I think I will continue following cycling but not as closely as I do now, and most likely I won't be anywhere near as emotionally invested as I am, which is probably a good thing because it's unbearable. :p

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Question for LaFlo? And others?

What do you think of how Oleg has handled the injury to AC?

I think Oleg has handled it well. He can come out huge in this time of disaster. Support AC and his team 100% and he will be a better owner for it.
my .02$

Okay I'm totally confused after reading all the versions of his diagnosis!! Guess I'll go with the Saxo press release, it seems the most optimistic anyway despite the '“Doctors have told me it will be almost impossible to become ready for the Vuelta but we’ll see how the recovery develops'

I hope he doesn't rush it and try to make the Vuelta and increases the recovery time as a result. But if he can make the Vuelta he shouldn't lose all that fitness he had. The peak is wasted regardless and he won't get that back!

As far as Oleg I think he has made a much better full owner than a minority owner. He really seems to care about 'his team' and 'his boys' now :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
thehook said:
Question for LaFlo? And others?

What do you think of how Oleg has handled the injury to AC?

I think Oleg has handled it well. He can come out huge in this time of disaster. Support AC and his team 100% and he will be a better owner for it.
my .02$
Oleg and Alberto
6308175-tingkov_contador_polfoto.jpg

(today) Bjarne,Oleg with team without Jesus and Alberto
BslBoIuCYAEfvY-.jpg:large

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea screw the tour. Not that it had anything to do with it but riding the 1st week in the tour is like playing russian roulette with your body.

Anyway looking at the bigger picture, the guy rode up a climb with a broken leg. There's a possibility he'll ride the vuelta. I'm sure he's gonna ride it, he doesn't want to end the season this way and thay way he can at least prepare for wc and lombardia. But in the small chance he'll have top shape and wins the vuelta against the heavy competition. That's imo more impressive than winning the tour.

jens_attacks said:
and now he just reminds me of my stupid dream with alberto crashing on that descent and got in an ambulance, back in dauphine. damn

Crazy sh*t. I as well dreamed about Contador crashing horribly during a descent when I was on holiday. Actually a period that I wasnt able to watch cycling and only checked results.

I never deeam of cycling, well atleast not that I remember except for that time.
Lol, sometimes you get these crazy kind of deja vus.

Not a deja vu i wanted to happen though :(

TRENDING THREADS