• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 703 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sorry Mods about my post on Nibali. I was reading and responding to posts in the order I read them; 4 pages overnight!

I will delete it if you think it is off topic.

I think Alberto is the Best I've since Hinault; the most talented bike rider for decades. But No race win is guaranteed to anyone. They have to go out and earn it. Unfortunately for everyone he crashed out and lost yet another opportunity to write his name down on the great list. It is dreadfully disappointing but the race goes on, life goes on. He will heal, he will come back, he will win. It is who he is :)

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy cycling as I have for 45+ years. Cycling is life; it reflects our up and down journey through life. We struggle, we fall, we get up and continue on!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Lets sum up his GT carrer:

Tour
2005: 31st (not good enough)
2006: DNS (first great season, and couldnt due team problems)
2007: 1st (with bit of luck,but still could have won)
2008: DNS (great build up, and couldnt due team problems)
2009: 1st (best perf., despite idiots Arm. and Bru.)
2010: DQ (1st - dq with great uci substantiation:rolleyes:,cant write more)
2011: DQ (5th - too long process aka great uci politics,had to race giro)
2012: DNS (you know why...ok,actually nobody knows)
2013: 4th (worst since 2005,not good enough,his fault)
2014: DNF (fall, bad luck)

Those bolded could have won,of course he wouldnt have win them all,but still at least 4/6 hopefully.
Giro
2008: 1st
2011: DQ:eek: (1st)

Vuelta
2008: 1st
2012: 1st

Note: please mods,if its too much clinic then say it to me,I will edit it,dont delete please.

Geez NBCSN did an entire retrospective of the abandon with pics and were talking about his incredible courage. Had me tearing up again.

They also explained the entire bike incident. Summary: 1 crash. Broken bike happened in crash with Belkin car. Showed picture of Alberto's spare bike hanging off the Belkin car!!! This was the broken bike!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Fine. A helper less for Contador, but Sagan can also be an advantage for Alberto.

I am not sure about that, the teams definitely have to work extra hard if they are both green and yellow contenders on board. Cannondales on some stages are doing big work.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Sorry Mods about my post on Nibali. I was reading and responding to posts in the order I read them; 4 pages overnight!

I will delete it if you think it is off topic.

Which post is that? I decided to read only the the last 2 pages of this thread. :eek: Contador fans sure can talk/post a lot. :p

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy cycling as I have for 45+ years. Cycling is life; it reflects our up and down journey through life. We struggle, we fall, we get up and continue on!

+1

TRENDING THREADS