• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 979 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Exactly! Only by believing something is possible can one ever accomplish it :) It may be Very Difficult, but possible :)

Exactly. Lance suffered from cancer but was able to do miracles seven times. Because he believed.

ray j willings said:
Miburo said:
sir fly said:
Has he prepared for the allergies?
If I remember correctly, Contador is sensitive on the pollen.
Or was it just another PR spin in order to augment the Giro accomplishment?

Look at this tool, watches cycling for 2 years and thinks he knows what he's talking about.

Contador's allergies issue has been known for more than 5 years, never was an issue for the giro.

Do research next time

What tool his he. Spanner , hammer. maybe a nice set of hex keys.
I reckon sir fly not only should know about Bertie's allergies but I would like him to explain the meaning of our existence.
It's not worth getting worked up about someone's allergy's.
The meaning of our existence... Aaahhh...It's not that simple.
I'm afraid that all the efforts to explain (find) it are just way to cope with fear of inanimateness.
So, the meaning should be whatever you imagine it is, but you can always ask yourself how something comes from nothing, or if it wasn't nothing - where did the something come from and so on and on... in the depths of existential meanings.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:
Miburo said:
sir fly said:

Look at this tool, watches cycling for 2 years and thinks he knows what he's talking about.

Contador's allergies issue has been known for more than 5 years, never was an issue for the giro.

Do research next time

I reckon sir fly not only should know about Bertie's allergies but I would like him to explain the meaning of our existence.
I'm afraid that all the efforts to explain (find) it are just way to cope with fear of inanimateness.
So, the meaning should be whatever you imagine it is, but you can always ask yourself how something comes from nothing, or if it wasn't nothing - where did the something come from and so on and on... in the depths of existential meanings.

So the Higgs Bosson experiment so far comply to theory and we seem to be seeing something coming from nothing. But the question will still be asked what is nothing. Lets see what happens next at CERN.

ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings said:
Miburo said:
sir fly said:

Do research next time

So the Higgs Bosson experiment so far comply to theory and we seem to be seeing something coming from nothing. But the question will still be asked what is nothing. Lets see what happens next at CERN.
See, we have the word "nothing"... in every language. Why do we have it? What are we describing by it? Only the idea of something... something the nothing should be. Or we think it should be... or we think it's missing.
CERN is the place closest to the meaning, but, somehow, I have doubts regarding current human cognitive capacities to perceive and conceptualise the complexity of existence. Humans are beings developed thanks to reflexive abilities and I deeply believe it's the mechanism that leads all our inquiries, so, at the end, we'll always find (just) ourselves.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Who thinks Porte is inevitably going to have a meltdown losing minutes and wrecking his chances, like he always does, based on a sample of 3 or so observations and the belief that riders cannot change their characteristics?

Let's do an avatar bet.
Ok, if you want we can have an avatar bet :)

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings[/url]"]
Miburo said:
sir fly said:

Do research next time

See, we have the word "nothing"... in every language. Why do we have it? What are we describing by it? Only the idea of something... something the nothing should be. Or we think it should be... or we think it's missing.
CERN is the place closest to the meaning, but, somehow, I have doubts regarding current human cognitive capacities to perceive and conceptualise the complexity of existence. Humans are beings developed thanks to reflexive abilities and I deeply believe it's the mechanism that leads all our inquiries, so, at the end, we'll always find (just) ourselves.[/quote]

Hmmm...this is all very deep. But completely pointless to the discussion at hand: CONTADOR.
Oh speaking of Contador, Sir Fly, remember our avatar bet (we had two actually, but the first is coming up soon.) You said AC wouldn't ride the Giro, I said he would ride the Giro and he would win. Just wanted to remind you the loser has to have an avatar of the winners choosing till the Tour. :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Contador will find it hard to win when Richie will be racing up mountains like an electron awaiting its annihilation at CERN, but due to his lower invariant mass, I still believe that he will pull ahead of the Tasmanian when they climb at relativistic speeds.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Contador will find it hard to win when Richie will be racing up mountains like an electron awaiting its annihilation at CERN, but due to his lower invariant mass, I still believe that he will pull ahead of the Tasmanian when they climb at relativistic speeds.
Yeah... That's the way to trigger the fusion of the discussions.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't doubt the ability of contador to pull the Giro over Porte. The question is more about "how much trying to dispatch Porte will cost his energy reserved for TDF?" Porte is really flying. He beats contador already (yes, yes... contador is not on his form. I get that). Win is a win and it's a morale boost for Porte. We have seen how contador in 2013, and it's a little nerve wracking to see how his form in 2015. Which one we will see? 2013 or 2014 v.2.0? Yes he won't make the same mistake, but there's not telling either it would be otherwise other than our faith that he will be better. Nonetheles, of course I want contador comes out swinging, and win the Giro. I guess, it's nice to see an indication at least, put your mind at ease. With contador so far, we haven't seen that yet. That's a little nerve wrecking for me. *you don't know how much I would like to see contador wipe 'porte's smile' with his salsa pedal dancing*. But until the giro arrives, it's all speculation.. :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So you're gonna start talking nonsense to disguise the fact you don't know what you're talking about and made a complete fool out of yourself.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
So you're gonna start talking nonsense to disguise the fact you don't know what you're talking about and made a complete fool out of yourself.

He/she already did, by claiming Contador wasn't riding the Giro, couple months ago...
Ignore helps

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I think this is turning out to be a perfect scenario for good racing in the Giro.
Porte entering in stellar form and (probably) fading towards the end will hopefully gain time on Contador in Campitello Maltese, Abetone and ITT.
Contador improving as the Giro progresses may be obliged to make an attack from far out in either Mortirolo or Finestre,writing his name in the history of those legendary climbs. With Aru & Uran as gooseberries among them. It will be exciting for sure.

Re:

Ataraxus said:
I think this is turning out to be a perfect scenario for good racing in the Giro.
Porte entering in stellar form and (probably) fading towards the end will hopefully gain time on Contador in Campitello Maltese, Abetone and ITT.
Contador improving as the Giro progresses may be obliged to make an attack from far out in either Mortirolo or Finestre,writing his name in the history of those legendary climbs. With Aru & Uran as gooseberries among them. It will be exciting for sure.

His name is already written literally on the Recta Contador portion of the Mortirolo :).

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Carols said:
Ataraxus said:

His name is already written literally on the Recta Contador portion of the Mortirolo :).

History =/= portion :)

LaFlorecita said:
movingtarget said:
I don't give Contador any chance of winning the Tour. I just don't think the double is possible anymore. Possible to make the podium of the Tour at best I think. Even if he sees off Porte and even if he has a margin of a few minutes on Aru and Uran he still has to ride a three week race on a hard course and if he is leading going into the final week he will have to defend his lead against attacks that will surely come. The Tour is a stressful race and faster with all the other pressures as the biggest bike race in the world against a fresh Froome and Quintana. I think the recovery time between races is against him and even Contador has admitted that himself. Of course if Froome and Quintana turn up at the Tour and have bad luck or are not in the best of form, that changes things completely but you always need some luck to win a GT especially avoiding illness and bad falls re last year's Tour for Froome and Contador.
So why did you say you don't give him any chance to win the Tour? :confused:

Contador thinks it is possible, and that's all I need to know. I think he is very realistic about his chances, he says it will be very difficult but certainly not impossible.

Because I think it's more unlikely than likely. What happened in last year's Tour ruined the race for many fans. The odds are it won't happen again this year and of course Nibali will also be there as well now that Astana have survived. Contador is going up against riders in the Giro that have never won a GT. In The Tour he is up against GT winners, one is a multiple winner and the other two have multiple podiums and GT wins. I just think Contador will be up against it. The fans will believe of course at least many of them.

Re:

Ataraxus said:

Abetone's a joke as climb, maybe Campitello could says something more but it's not too steep ( 6.9% ) and i dont' see how Ritchie can drop Berto. His only chance to put some seconds is ITT, but anyway i'm not sure :rolleyes:

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Sir fly ,,,I think that we can only judge ourselves on what science we know. Its a massive massive universe. Our existence is almost non existent in time and space as is our own specific human makeup as far as we are aware. We think we are self aware but that is only based on what we know of our existence. Other life different, more advanced or similar is surly out there and surly come and gone with out a trace of existence in the span of time. We are like a grain of sand on a beach and at some point we will get washed back into the sea and it will be of no significance to no one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts