• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 995 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
bettiniphoto_0206931_1_full_670.jpg

Forget the media, Alberto is going to spend all his free time having to take photos with Oleg.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Can Berto win the double? according to pro's
http://video.gazzetta.it/giro-contador-doppietta-ci-riuscira/5c504026-f6f1-11e4-96a6-429e497ae952

And this is the Processo alla tappa video but it does not work for me and several others :confused:
http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/media/giro-rai3-b7fd5551-ffdb-42c0-b7b0-c41c2cc0d9b4.html
I hope it's just something on their end.. I installed silverlight, updated java, installed firefox and cleared cache and cookies and it still doesn't work :(
LOLLL :D

also doesnt work for me

Good job by saxo guys today!
edit: Ohh,I forgot to change may avatar yesterday to AC

Red Rick said:
peloton said:
Jack_89 said:
Very good work also today by the squad. Maybe a little too

Dunno, better to stay at the front and burn some matches, than risk a crash (hate them :( )

Here's one funny close up for Fleur :p

258z9mc.png

Bertie and the Italians.....

Better love story than twilight
Most love stories are better than Twilight :p
Take it from me, I've been forced to watch all of the movies :eek:

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
LaFlorecita said:

so what did all of them say? impossible? that's the only word I can recognize.. lol.. I don't know italian or french or spanish..

Roughly this. Sorry if I'm completely off.

Nocentini: From a champion such as him, you have to expect it all. Although I think that the double will be very hard. (can't understand) I hope that Pozzo wins.

Montaguti: (something imperceptible) It's already very difficult to win Il Giro, so trying to win the Tour after, impossible.

Mori: ...Alberto, I think, is one of the last true champions, so there's that possibility.

Pellizotti: We have seen in these last years that it is very difficult, not to say impossible, but he is a great champion, and set as his objective the Giro-Tour double, and I trust in his will(?).

Chava: I do think it is possible. He set the bar quite high, but a rider such as him has the ability to surpass it.

Antón: If there's anyone who can do it, it's Alberto.

LaFlorecita said:
peloton said:
Jack_89 said:
Very good work also today by the squad. Maybe a little too

Dunno, better to stay at the front and burn some matches, than risk a crash (hate them :( )

Here's one funny close up for Fleur :p

258z9mc.png
I was watching the rai multiple camera online thingy and one cam at some point just showed 5 minutes of Berto slow-mo's :D

Sadly, I wasn't watching that ! :D

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Contador climbed the last pass of the day sat on the saddle most of the time, doing the pantani climbing position from time to time. Strange behaviour. Can't wait for wednesday, I'm still not 100% confident about his current form. Need confirmation.

Re:

BlurryVII said:
Contador climbed the last pass of the day sat on the saddle most of the time, doing the pantani climbing position from time to time. Strange behaviour. Can't wait for wednesday, I'm still not 100% confident about his current form. Need confirmation.

He's gonna start doing a combination of seated Froome attacks and Pantani attacks to destroy the field. He will save his own superior trademarked AC style of mountain climbing for the Tour.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
I also noticed it. he was too keen on the bike

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

qwer said:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. He was spinning that very low gear, sat all the time... it reminded me of Port de Paillères 13' to be fair. :(
Those signs are very important, remember the Tour 13' when he said he was already having bad sensations in Corsica, he was doing his head tilt and was not out of the saddle on those first few climbs of the Tour.

He's gonna start doing a combination of seated Froome attacks and Pantani attacks to destroy the field. He will save his own superior trademarked AC style of mountain climbing for the Tour.

He really looked like Froome Today. But given that it's not his usual style, it's a bit worrying.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

BlurryVII said:
qwer said:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. He was spinning that very low gear, sat all the time... it reminded me of Port de Paillères 13' to be fair. :(
Those signs are very important, remember the Tour 13' when he said he was already having bad sensations in Corsica, he was doing his head tilt and was not out of the saddle on those first few climbs of the Tour.

He really looked like Froome Today. But given that it's not his usual style, it's a bit worrying.
he looks sharp and desperate to destroy them all!!!!

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
IF he is back to 13' form something must have gone wrong in the prep, or his head is/was not the righ place..

I really don't think he has timed the form wrong due to incompetence.. He is way too experinced for that..

Only question for me is if the new team setup and all the internal disturbance wth Tinkov/Sagan/Riis has affected his preperation or his head too much..

We shall see soon I guess..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts