• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1003 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Carols said:
trevim said:
"Sometimes I get restless in a race" typical Velasco :D
Tactically it isn't that great to have pink at this point but hey it's Contador in pink so f**** tactics :)

Indeed :)

“I wasn’t thinking about attacking. I was there, looking at the other riders, and to tell the truth, I didn’t feel that great, but sometimes it’s hard for me to just stay in the group, and I went for it,” Contador said. “At the end of the day, it’s a good result. Urán lost a bit more time, as well as some other riders. Aru and Porte are very strong, but I think it’s a good situation after five days.”

He just can't help himself :D

And to think that the first day or so I was actually a little worried that we were going to see Sky-bot tactics taking over at Tinkoff!! Fat chance.

So good for cycling to have competitors with this mentality whatever team they race for.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What do you think about team strenght in mountains so far?

I see a problem with Kreuziger and changes of pace, if somebody attacks he rarely changes the rhytm, he is like Basso imo.In case of Mick and Ivan I think they'll improve as Giro continues, ;) but for now they look bad.
Also Im a bit surprised by Astana mountains domestiques, otoh it shouldnt affect AC too much, I expect Aru to lose a minute in that TT.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You must be a new Contador fan that buys all the "contador sucks now at ITT" if you think aru will only lose 1 minute to Contador.

God sake.

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Would astanta push the pace to force bertie to stay in pink?

2mins i can see him pulling on aru in the tt, can see him matching porte if not taking time out of him too.

Jelantik said:
Netserk said:
Later in the same article....

As for Porte and how he viewed his former Australian teammate after five days of having Porte as a direct rival, Contador argued “he’s not changed so much as a rider, but he’s a lot more experienced and a lot thinner. His strong point is going to be the time trial.”

I hope he isn't underestimating Lil' Richie motorhome, as he looks like the next Sky Revelation! He needs to be taken seriously IMO.

Re:

ILovecycling said:

I see a problem with Kreuziger and changes of pace, if somebody attacks he rarely changes the rhytm, he is like Basso imo.In case of Mick and Ivan I think they'll improve as Giro continues, ;) but for now they look bad.
Also Im a bit surprised by Astana mountains domestiques, otoh it shouldnt affect AC too much, I expect Aru to lose a minute in that TT.

We can only pray Basso improves. Mick looks much better than him IMO. I used to love Basso but he is as useful to Alberto as Lil' Richie was in the past....... Roman will still be around late I think.

Alberto will have to use the Astana guys I guess. Geez they are Strong!

Carols said:
ILovecycling said:

We can only pray Basso improves. Mick looks much better than him IMO. I used to love Basso but he is as useful to Alberto as Lil' Richie was in the past....... Roman will still be around late I think.

Alberto will have to use the Astana guys I guess. Geez they are Strong!

I'm not so worried for Bertie. He seems to have spent half a career being isolated by his team Sky have more to worry about, even if Porte did say it was 'going to plan'. Porte didn't look that cheery on the start line this morning, either.

Berto confirmed he's missing race days and not quite 100%…

Basso is so crap that I keep thinking that TS have to be playing some deep game - i.e. he's going to turn out to be hiding scintillating form and shock everyone.

Wish I believed it. :eek:

(Nice pink sunglasses, Alberto!)

IMG_20150514_131052_zps5jd2pjoq.jpg

Best/worst color combo ever :D

TRENDING THREADS