• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1014 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

orangerider said:
Terrible sad situation. I had a bad feeling something like would happen when that crash went down. Seems like every time Griepel wins some kind of mayhem happens from behind. Well he should just withdraw and allow time to recover, then smash everyone in the Tour and possibly add the Vuelta on for his double instead. Kreuziger in a good time position, let's see what he can do.

Yep, withdraw and rest up for the TDF. He'll be more than a little angry with how his Giro went.

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

[quote="Taxus4a

Nice try, but he dont have that injury you talk about. Read again the diagnosis.[/quote]

They are vague about the exact type of injury but him not being able to put the pink jersey on and being in a sling says enough. Hope I'm wrong, I want to see a good race with all contenders contending.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

TourOfTexas said:
[quote="Taxus4a

Nice try, but he dont have that injury you talk about. Read again the diagnosis.

They are vague about the exact type of injury but him not being able to put the pink jersey on and being in a sling says enough. Hope I'm wrong, I want to see a good race with all contenders contending.[/quote]

we have to see tomorrow if he starts or abandon in the middle of the stage... *waiting anxiously*

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
all right almost the news on CN was about contador. Poor Greipel, his win is like a footnote. We need something to cheer on.

anyway.. this picture! Gosh.. So many things are .. just wrong :D

CE-F5XFUUAE9USK.jpg:small

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I sustained a rapid (seconds) shoulder dislocation last year. Ended up with nerve damage in the bursa area that has taken forever to heal. I cannot imagine convalescing on the bike the next day, much less climbing on one. The muscular compensation, in no time at all caused my shoulder blade to stick outward. It took a couple of months of intense physical therapy to correct all the misalignment.

If it's anything remotely close to what I experienced he will either not be fit to ride tomorrow or he will climb off soon after starting.

Re:

TourOfTexas said:
It is not the type of injury that shoots pain right after. You can compensate with muscles for a short time to hold it steady. The feeling is a looseness in the shoulder and pain if it pops out again. Riding for hours and hours compensating is going to be very tough for him. Also in that picture you can see his weight is off his right arm. This injury takes six weeks to heal, first week is in a sling.
But it's his left shoulder he hurt? :confused:

hrotha said:
CE-w7HIWAAA9izM.jpg

Judging from the posture, he doesn't look all that concerned about his shoulder to me.

Not sure if allready mentioned, but this was in between shoulder dislocations.
At the crash he popped in the shoulder himself. Didn't feel that bad at that time, but before going on the stage it dislocated again and that one did really hurt he said. Also afterwards, so I guess during this photo he was fairly confident it wasn't a big deal, but when the shoulder dislocated again he wasn't that happy anymore.......

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
People said he was never gonna ride the vuelta with his broken leg. And he won it.

Maybe the story of the broken leg was blown out of proportion, as this one could be.

Maybe it wasn't, but he still won the vuelta.

We'll see today, if he can survive this one, it'll be fine.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Steven de Jongh's partner tweeted something about months of hard work being ruined by a guy wanting a picture, doesn't sound too optimistic.
Ohh my :(

edit:also dont post pictures of freakin tinkov in this thread please

Alberto Contador starts, his Girpo of Italy continues. "Alberto has rested well enough-he said to tuttobiciweb general manager dmanmane immediately she Tinkoff Saxo Stefano Feltrin-this morning has been wearing his clothes from the rider and fell to breakfast with teammates. And decsio of rupartire. Is a first step, certainly important but only a first step. We'll have to see how it will today, very long, especially in light of what may happen tomorrow up».

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jack_89 said:
Alberto Contador starts, his Girpo of Italy continues. "Alberto has rested well enough-he said to tuttobiciweb general manager dmanmane immediately she Tinkoff Saxo Stefano Feltrin-this morning has been wearing his clothes from the rider and fell to breakfast with teammates. And decsio of rupartire. Is a first step, certainly important but only a first step. We'll have to see how it will today, very long, especially in light of what may happen tomorrow up».
I won't believe that until I see him in the finish line in Fiuggi :eek:

Really , i don't know to think. I'm so nervous and sad. u_u

'We are now on the way to the start and he will start and that’s for sure," Jacinto Vidarte, Contador’s official press officer toldCyclingnews this morning.

"He tells me that he’s okay. He had a good night’s sleep and the shoulder is more or less okay for riding. The other injuries are fine too and not so bad. He will start."

TourOfTexas said:
[quote="Taxus4a

Nice try, but he dont have that injury you talk about. Read again the diagnosis.

They are vague about the exact type of injury but him not being able to put the pink jersey on and being in a sling says enough. Hope I'm wrong, I want to see a good race with all contenders contending.[/quote]

They haven't been vague at all: slight dislocated joint in the shoulder. Recommended measures is keeping it rather fixated 1-2 days but after that its important to begin moving the arms again as a rehabilitation so it wont get stiff and the flexibility in the muscle tissue suffers by the lack of movements.

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 3m3 minutes ago
In 1hour I'll be at the start of the stage. They have protected my shoulder and hope it will not go out again.Will be a hard day with 264km.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Even if he starts (and it seems he will), i don't think he can still win the Giro.
Really bad luck for Alberto, again, and bad luck for cycling fans around the world to be honest. The TdF 2014 sucked after he abandoned.
The Giro will now be half as interesting.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Even if he starts (and it seems he will), i don't think he can still win the Giro.
Really bad luck for Alberto, again, and bad luck for cycling fans around the world to be honest. The TdF 2014 sucked after he abandoned.
The Giro will now be half as interesting.

I don't know, it really depends on how the dislocated shoulder's pain is. Some say they had no problems after a day some had issues for weeks.

But if today a stage of 260km, if he can survive and he feels good then he should be fine.

He's also not a normal guy, not your average joe.