• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1021 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
lenric said:
Even if he is dramatizing his injury (casually or not), calling him a compulsive liar is stupid. I'd do the same. Mind games are great. Trolling is always good, because there is always someone who will take it seriously.

I dont like that way, but no problem...

But if he do that what the rest must to do? assumed if he is not ok in the last week is for his crash??

I am here analysing cycling, and Contador can speak and act as he wants, by if he is doing "mind games", I am not going to do my analysis with his words.

He had a crash, a non easy crash, and tomorrow he will suffer more than without that crash, that is easy to understand, but from that the crash is not a joker to use in the future.

Actually, I'd do the same as him, especially if I'm not as injured as he says he is.
Porte and Aru, being the strongest riders (apart from Contador), don't have much experience in a leader role, so this kind of declarations might result in them being more reckless, which will only benefit Contador, because he can follow them, but Aru needs to gain time on both of them.

Tomorrow we're going to see what happens, but I bet on Contador. It's an injured shoulder, not an injured knee.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I just watched that Verbier attack again. Damn so smooth. Never even grimacing. Literally dancing on the pedals. Unbeatable. . Armstrong's look of utter defeat is probably the pinnacle.

I do wonder whether he'll ever be able to climb at that level again

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
I just watched that Verbier attack again. Damn so smooth. Never even grimacing. Literally dancing on the pedals. Unbeatable. . Armstrong's look of utter defeat is probably the pinnacle.

He was.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
In 2011? No. Some speculate that he had that level in 2014. Maybe. We'll never know. He still didn't look that good climbing. His climbing at the Verbier is nothing short of inspirational in form, style and speed. Perhaps I'm overrating it a bit because it was such a sweet, joyful annihilation of Lance Armstrong.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
In 2011? No. Some speculate that he had that level in 2014. Maybe. He still didn't look that good. His climbing at the Verbier is nothing short of inspirational in form, style and speed. Perhaps I'm overrating it a bit because it was such a sweet, joyful annihilation of Lance Armstrong.
July 2014 ;)

..and yeah I think verbier attack is a bit overrated.

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
Come on, we should all be considerate when it comes to other users, especially if request is reasonable and perfectly justified (limited bandwidth is a thing, and pictures do take much more than text).
Little courtesy goes a long way.
Guess I am too old to accept that it is gone :/
Two things:
In no way am I posting these pictures to bother other people and/or take up their bandwidth. However, this is a forum. There are plenty of pictures on here. Will 1 or 2 really make a massive difference? And there is always the hide pictures option. I am not going to refrain from posting a picture, simply because of the possibility that 1 picture could put someone somewhere over their limit.
Secondly, if the request had come from a person I respect, I might think twice when posting a picture, however BigMac has a history of attacking me and insulting me. And to think I defended him back when he got banned :rolleyes:

When did I insult you? I guess you could say I attacked you a few times, but the obvious targets were always your posts. You defended me? You were very kind to let the mods know I wished to contact them. ;) Thanks a lot for that.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:
In 2011? No. Some speculate that he had that level in 2014. Maybe. He still didn't look that good. His climbing at the Verbier is nothing short of inspirational in form, style and speed. Perhaps I'm overrating it a bit because it was such a sweet, joyful annihilation of Lance Armstrong.
July 2014 ;)

I'd say some people don't even suspect how powerful was that attack. The way everyone saw it was from the front moto camera, so it looked a bit crushed but still powerful even in that angle. Now there's a video I found which shows the attack from choppers camera, and I couldn't believe it the first time. The moment he passes F.Schleck, he litterally shoots off at a crazy speed. It looked like he was on a motorbike. Haven't seen anything similar since.

BlurryVII said:
ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:
July 2014 ;)

I'd say some people don't even suspect how powerful was that attack. The way everyone saw it was from the front moto camera, so it looked a bit crushed but still powerful even in that angle. Now there's a video I found which shows the attack from choppers camera, and I couldn't believe it the first time. The moment he passes F.Schleck, he litterally shoots off at a crazy speed. It looked like he was on a motorbike. Haven't seen anything similar since.

I take it you no longer have a link to this video. :(

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Publicus said:
BlurryVII said:
ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:
July 2014 ;)

I take it you no longer have a link to this video. :(

I believe the video has been taken out but I'll try to find another link

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
SeriousSam said:

He was.

He was? There is no proof of that. He said he was his lightest, best prepared etc etc but we never saw it. I dont think he would have been anywhere near that Verbier level though or some of his attacks vs Rasmussen were unbelievably strong.

I imagine he will drop Aru and Porte tomorrow.

Big Doopie said:
ILovecycling said:
Little apetizer for tomorrow :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLGtG_yQzo
lolz at that music :D

you do realize that he won absolutely nothing that day. zero.

and he did not win that giro either.

all he did was ruin a race to satisfy his own ego.

xaGWofH.jpg

This alone is vastly more signficant than everything you can do in your life, I feel sorry for you.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
burning said:
Big Doopie said:
ILovecycling said:
Little apetizer for tomorrow :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLGtG_yQzo
lolz at that music :D

you do realize that he won absolutely nothing that day. zero.

and he did not win that giro either.

all he did was ruin a race to satisfy his own ego.

xaGWofH.jpg

This alone is vastly more signficant than everything you can do in your life, I feel sorry for you.

tbf he can make up nicknames for riders based on what drugs they failed for and repeat them ad nauseam, so that's something.

Big Doopie said:
burning said:

lol. the chamois-sniffers are in full force in the CN Forums.

just like the pharmstrong zealots that ruined the credibility of at least two other forums that now lie dead.

lol and lol again.

Lol indeed, anyway I'd like to discuss with you in clinic if you can post something other than calling him names.

Edit: Btw, how's Ryder doing?