Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1020 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it
We will see tomorrow.
 
Big Doopie said:
...hey, when do those terrible allergies that he "always" suffers from kick in?

isn't about now?

or is it only when he is racing the dauphine and prepping for the tdf?

:p
I did notice he was struggling with his breathing on stage 4.

BigMac said:
Don't insufflate, I don't come here for your posts. It just so happens your 'contributions' are inbetween the comments that interest me.
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
 
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it
I would love it if you are right. The only reason I have just a little concern is because of his climbing style (which honesty I can't see him changing.)
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Re:

SeriousSam said:
I'm sure you're all pleased to learn that the omniscient gambling markets have restored Contador as the favourite, together with Richie, at about 40% chance to win the Giro. That's still not the 60% before the fall, but if he can withstand attacks from Aru and Porte tomorrow, he'll probably reclaim his throne as the significantly most likely rider to the win the Giro.
tomorrow will be a telling on how the shoulder affected him. Ok, what do you guys think? Porte takes the stage and Bertie lost some seconds? Porte has been flying under the radar, and has been riding smart and save.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
Or I opt for the third choice, which is doing none of the above.

Posting off topic pictures constantly is not giving a fly for those who have limited internet connections and are not exactly keen on paying some extras at the end of the month, just because madam Fleur and the Zealots™, in all their swagger, feel the need to share irrelevant graphic stuff about their idol.

Thank you for future comprehension.
 
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
Or I opt for the third choice, which is doing none of the above.

Posting off topic pictures constantly is not giving a fly for those who have limited internet connections and are not exactly keen on paying some extras at the end of the month, just because madam Fleur and the Zealots™, in all their swagger, feel the need to share irrelevant graphic stuff about their idol.

Thank you for future comprehension.
Define: constantly.
And no, I will not stop posting pictures every now and then just because you're whining about it.
 
Even if he is dramatizing his injury (casually or not), calling him a compulsive liar is stupid. I'd do the same. Mind games are great. Trolling is always good, because there is always someone who will take it seriously.
 
LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
Or I opt for the third choice, which is doing none of the above.

Posting off topic pictures constantly is not giving a fly for those who have limited internet connections and are not exactly keen on paying some extras at the end of the month, just because madam Fleur and the Zealots™, in all their swagger, feel the need to share irrelevant graphic stuff about their idol.

Thank you for future comprehension.
Define: constantly.
And no, I will not stop posting pictures every now and then just because you're whining about it.
Constantly. On a clearly abnormal rate. Just because I'm whining about it :confused: I gave a reason, but okay girl, not that I expected you to give a crap. So that settles it.
 
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it

geezz... i think what he was concerned about "his shoulder will pop out again". Not so much on the pain. He can handle it. Even the doctor said as long as he doesn't do any crazy movement. Don't you think if you were contador and your season and preparation are on line, you aren't concern or worry if your shoulder might pop out again while you trying to climb hard? (especially after you popped your shoulder the second time just waiting on for the podium?) It's just a common sense to be concern, not an excuse. If he only dislocated his shoulder once after the crash, it might not be such a big deal. (well, maybe if he tears some ligament). Besides, It's different story if all 3 contenders are healthy. So it's common sense too that now Aru and Porte has an upper hand on injured Contador. So to say that contador's injury is an excuse is a bit unfair. After all, Porte and Aru are not hurt.

but I do agree that the media can't stop making the news about contador. I think we got it. He is injured. But he continues to race. I'm contador's fans, but I started to get tired listening to media keep bringing up contador's injury. Tomorrow? sure it's another story. One thing for sure Contador will not only have to fend off healthy Aru and Porte, but himself as well. So those two better be able to drop contador while they can tomorrow since none of them have to suffer shoulder pain. (again common sense :D )
 
LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
Or I opt for the third choice, which is doing none of the above.

Posting off topic pictures constantly is not giving a fly for those who have limited internet connections and are not exactly keen on paying some extras at the end of the month, just because madam Fleur and the Zealots™, in all their swagger, feel the need to share irrelevant graphic stuff about their idol.

Thank you for future comprehension.
Define: constantly.
And no, I will not stop posting pictures every now and then just because you're whining about it.

Come on, we should all be considerate when it comes to other users, especially if request is reasonable and perfectly justified (limited bandwidth is a thing, and pictures do take much more than text).
Little courtesy goes a long way.
Guess I am too old to accept that it is gone :/
 
Apr 18, 2010
240
0
0
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
Well, LittleMac, you have 2 choices: either you ignore my posts in this thread, or you don't open the thread anymore. :)
Or I opt for the third choice, which is doing none of the above.

Posting off topic pictures constantly is not giving a fly for those who have limited internet connections and are not exactly keen on paying some extras at the end of the month, just because madam Fleur and the Zealots™, in all their swagger, feel the need to share irrelevant graphic stuff about their idol.

Thank you for future comprehension.
Define: constantly.
And no, I will not stop posting pictures every now and then just because you're whining about it.
Constantly. On a clearly abnormal rate. Just because I'm whining about it :confused: I gave a reason, but okay girl, not that I expected you to give a crap. So that settles it.
i understand the limited internet access/loading times/additional end of month expense argument. that said:

it is not possible for any picture of contador to be off topic in a thread titled "alberto contador discussion thread." anyone unaware of the history of how/why this thread was created should review the first few pages of this thread. like it or not....it am whut it be.
 
damian13ster said:
Come on, we should all be considerate when it comes to other users, especially if request is reasonable and perfectly justified (limited bandwidth is a thing, and pictures do take much more than text).
Little courtesy goes a long way.
Guess I am too old to accept that it is gone :/
Two things:
In no way am I posting these pictures to bother other people and/or take up their bandwidth. However, this is a forum. There are plenty of pictures on here. Will 1 or 2 really make a massive difference? And there is always the hide pictures option. I am not going to refrain from posting a picture, simply because of the possibility that 1 picture could put someone somewhere over their limit.
Secondly, if the request had come from a person I respect, I might think twice when posting a picture, however BigMac has a history of attacking me and insulting me. And to think I defended him back when he got banned :rolleyes:
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
0
0
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
geezz... i think what he was concerned about "his shoulder will pop out again". Not so much on the pain. He can handle it. Even the doctor said as long as he doesn't do any crazy movement. Don't you think if you were contador and your season and preparation are on line, you aren't concern or worry if your shoulder might pop out again while you trying to climb hard? (especially after you popped your shoulder the second time just waiting on for the podium?)
I wonder if they've taped it or used something else to try to provide some stability to it while it heals? Contador seemed to mention something about this.
 
Re: Re:

richwagmn said:
Jelantik said:
geezz... i think what he was concerned about "his shoulder will pop out again". Not so much on the pain. He can handle it. Even the doctor said as long as he doesn't do any crazy movement. Don't you think if you were contador and your season and preparation are on line, you aren't concern or worry if your shoulder might pop out again while you trying to climb hard? (especially after you popped your shoulder the second time just waiting on for the podium?)
I wonder if they've taped it or used something else to try to provide some stability to it while it heals? Contador seemed to mention something about this.
Flor posted some picture about that earlier which was removed (of course due to concerns for the bandwidth) :p
 
Re: Re:

richwagmn said:
Jelantik said:
geezz... i think what he was concerned about "his shoulder will pop out again". Not so much on the pain. He can handle it. Even the doctor said as long as he doesn't do any crazy movement. Don't you think if you were contador and your season and preparation are on line, you aren't concern or worry if your shoulder might pop out again while you trying to climb hard? (especially after you popped your shoulder the second time just waiting on for the podium?)
I wonder if they've taped it or used something else to try to provide some stability to it while it heals? Contador seemed to mention something about this.
Yea, it's been taped :)
 
Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
Flor posted some picture about that earlier which was removed (of course due to concerns for the bandwidth) :p
Yes :D nah I removed it because I almost immediately realized it wasn't a picture of Alberto, but rather a picture of the son (?) of the Belgian physio who posted the photo. I think he sent that picture to the team doctors or something, because it had instructions written on the tape.
 
Feb 21, 2014
2,133
0
0
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it
If he gets dropped tomorrow, it's obviously only the shoulder. Contador is certainly not in the kind of form to be dropped. Not at his best, but he's good enough to even drop them both (I mean if no crash happened).

So he loses times, it's only the coming from the crash, it's not excuses, it's a fact.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
SeriousSam said:
I'm sure you're all pleased to learn that the omniscient gambling markets have restored Contador as the favourite, together with Richie, at about 40% chance to win the Giro. That's still not the 60% before the fall, but if he can withstand attacks from Aru and Porte tomorrow, he'll probably reclaim his throne as the significantly most likely rider to the win the Giro.
tomorrow will be a telling on how the shoulder affected him. Ok, what do you guys think? Porte takes the stage and Bertie lost some seconds? Porte has been flying under the radar, and has been riding smart and save.
Yep, it can bother him when standing on the pedals, but I think he looked pretty good today, otoh I still have some articles to read...
I wonder what tactics will sky you tomorrow.
 
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it
Zero effect? where did you go to medical school and how long have you been in sports medicine? When did you start treating Contador?
 
Re:

lenric said:
Even if he is dramatizing his injury (casually or not), calling him a compulsive liar is stupid. I'd do the same. Mind games are great. Trolling is always good, because there is always someone who will take it seriously.
I dont like that way, but no problem...

But if he do that what the rest must to do? assumed if he is not ok in the last week is for his crash??

I am here analysing cycling, and Contador can speak and act as he wants, by if he is doing "mind games", I am not going to do my analysis with his words.

He had a crash, a non easy crash, and tomorrow he will suffer more than without that crash, that is easy to understand, but from that the crash is not a joker to use in the future.
 
Re:

damian13ster said:
Dislocated shoulder from two days ago will have zero, and I do mean ZERO effect on his result tommorow. Maybe just a slight pain, but with adrenaline of the race you just forget about it. It doesnt limit his movement (as seen by today's stage), his stamina, his legs, it has no effect whatsoever. Stop coming up with excuses before there even is a need for them.

Just look up my posts from yesterday. Told all of you right away that it is nothing, and today's stage only proves it
You say that yesterday and it was like that today we watched in the stage.

I think that always the crash has effect in the future, till the body can take a rest, as the rest day, becouse you dont slep so well, and your body waste energy to heal . But small efect. Talking of performance, this injury I agree has no effect, he has all the body perfect to perform in his best way, yes, zero effect, the small efect is other kind.

I dont know if he has suffer a lot today or not, I can believe yes, but he hasnt got the face of Hamilton in 2003, he lloked strong and even dancing on the bike. The danger is a new dislocation of the shoulder, but with all those specialist around him that put thing in his shoulder...no problem.
 
Okay I'm back. I had to leave....manage to be only 5 minutes late because I watched the end of the stage. Is there any video of the podium?

Meanwhile:
“I’m happy because I made it through this very long day and that is something I wasn’t sure about before the stage and especially not yesterday. On the other hand, I have suffered a lot experiencing much pain. It was a stage of more than seven hours and after around four hours I had a moment where I didn’t know where to place my hand on the handlebar”, says Alberto Contador and adds:

“Now I hope that with more days on the bike I will be a little bit better, but for sure I have some very difficult days ahead of me. I hope that I can make it through them as best as possible”.

“Yes, tomorrow is a complicated day for me. It’s a day that I was waiting for prior to my crash, because it was a stage, where I could have attacked. But now I have to be calmer and quieter on the bike and wait and see what my rivals do"
and
Although Contador appeared to be pedalling normally and was in his normal position close to the front during most of the day, what was noticeable during the stage was that he stood out of the saddle more than usual. Team sources later said this was to test to see whether the posture caused him additional pain.
All in all a good day considering! His team was Great and I'm sure he is thanking them.

I thought he looked uncomfortable in the last 10km and lost his lead wheel more than once. Every time they zoomed in he was not the Alberto I'm used to seeing. But he is a Road Warrior and will carry on.

It's good that he tested the arm because tomorrow he will surely need it. The others will try to their best to dislodge him and I certainly can't blame them. They are here to win also! Hopefully he makes it through with minimal time loss, I think that will be good enough.

Hopefully he gets pain meds again tonight and gets a decent nights sleep. Tomorrow is a Big Day. Fingers crossed he can handle it.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eshnar Professional Road Racing 69
Eshnar Professional Road Racing 93

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS