• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1023 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Alberto passed the test today with flying color. I'm not lying when i said.. my heart was beating so hard when I saw Aru attacked and saw a little gap until Alberto slowly close it. ufffhh..... I know today wasn't as thrilling as first 4 stages, but... ufffhh.... I'm relieved. I was expecting that contador might loose time. But he didn't. His team is a weaker than astana and sky today.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Carols said:
I think he passed the test with flying colors. He was obviously in pain a few times, but rode right on. The big losers today are Porte and Aru. This was their opportunity to shed him and they couldn't :). Venga Alberto!

Porte .. lol. He is definitely banking on taking time on ITT. When did he attack? close to the finish?? coward. :D At least Aru has the ball to try to attack Alberto, and failed. I wish there's stupid crash from that damm spectator, we would have seen Alberto attack again!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Survive tomorrow and there's pretty much nothing until saterday.

But he has to be careful about astana's team, they're gonna play out landa and cataldo.

It's crucial that kreuziger and rogers get better. But contador has also sky who won't let them ride either.

Re:

DominicDecoco said:
Haha, cycling has got its very own 'Cristiano Ronaldo'. This acting is bloody hilarious and I can't believe some are buying into it. There's f'uck all wrong with him. Let's get that straight. It's like his leg excuse all over again.
Yep, and those doctors that signed the medical report are all part of the conspiracy. Get real. He might not be too badly hurt but there is definitely something wrong with him. Same goes for his injury last year.

Re:

Carols said:
Big smiles again on the podium, he is Happy :). One more nasty day to get through and then some rest. He should be good by the ITT. Aru and Porte must be saying....geez if we couldn't get rid of him now, when are we going to be able to?

Porte is surely keeping his powder dry for the TT now, as for Aru who knows? He needs to take time on Alberto and Porte as he will lose a fair amount on Wednesday.

TRENDING THREADS